Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is free, will you still be getting The Sims 4?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    No. To me this just looks like an attempt to get people to buy sims 4. "We gave you sims 2 for free, you owe it to us to buy sims 4"
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited July 2014
    I never planned on getting sims 4 so no i wont be getting it now
    like i said this morning though, the sims 2 ultimate collection actually got me to open my Origin for the first time (third time total) in the 4-5 years its been around ;P
    i still have the sims 2 on disks for the most part (never got the bath stuff pack though)... but it's nice to know that if my disks ever break :3 i'll have a free back-up ready to go (whisper, hey EA i never got to play sims 1 ;P when can i get that for free eh :lol::lol: )
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited July 2014
    After playing TS3 incessantly since 2009 I have explored that game plenty and put it on hiatus. I have been playing TS2 from my old disks for the last two weeks. Remembering the old game. Comparing its limitations to TS3 and remembering its advantages. I have been playing it with no CC or Mods. Just the straight game with no Rosebud or Motherlode. It is actually a lot harder than TS3. The lifetime wants are more of a challenge and I had forgotten the fun of rotational game play. I don't have a legacy family. I have a legacy town. (Or the inception of a legacy town.) I think it will keep me occupied until TS4 is released. If not, I might install my original The Sims game and play that again. I remember loving Makin Magic.

But....

TS2 and TS3 aren't going anywhere. I love them both. I plan to have TS4 join them as a new and different game which I will also love which is not TS1, TS2, nor TS3.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    I played the sims 2 for about an hour and got tired of it. The needs degenerate way too quickly for my liking. I feel like I have to keep my sim at home near the fridge and toilet all of the time. I think I was spoiled with the sims 3 because their needs went down so slowly.
    I'm still getting the sims 4 and very much look forward to it.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited July 2014
    Menshlee wrote:
    I played the sims 2 for about an hour and got tired of it. The needs degenerate way too quickly for my liking. I feel like I have to keep my sim at home near the fridge and toilet all of the time. I think I was spoiled with the sims 3 because their needs went down so slowly.

Yeah. TS2 is harder. If you only played it for an hour did you not have the expansions installed? I don't know which one it is but you have the ability to purchase a second aspiration along with several options to slow the decay of needs.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sincerbox wrote:
    Menshlee wrote:

Yeah. TS2 is harder. If you only played it for an hour did you not have the expansions installed? I don't know which one it is but you have the ability to purchase a second aspiration along with several options to slow the decay of needs.

too be fair, even with those ability's purchased it still go's down faster then in Sims 3 (atleast from what i noticed in my swap sessions over the year)... I'm not sure cause it didn't bug me too hard, but maybe there are mods for it?
  • Options
    crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    edited July 2014
    OMG! Thank u so much, I didn't even know about this :) The only thing is, I don't know if I'll be able to play it, as I have a newer graphics card. I guess I'll find out.
    ETA: does Ultimate Collection mean all the expansions?
    Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg
  • Options
    Larium1Larium1 Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2014
    SazukeEX wrote:
    I tried it but it only stayed at the opening screen with the theme music playing. It isn't like the Sim's 3 where it tells me that it's loading the game up so I gave up as it sat there forever with the theme looping. No indication that it was going to go beyond it or not.

It takes a while to launch. In my windows 8.1 laptop it took about 6 minutes until the loading bar came to life. Be patient :)
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ultimate has all the expansions and stuff packs.
  • Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sincerbox wrote:
    Menshlee wrote:

I was playing ultimate collection, that has every exp pack right? I couldn't get over the bad graphics either. I can't wait for the sims 4.
  • Options
    PayPaySweetPayPaySweet Posts: 90 Member
    edited July 2014
    Question: I don't have sims two at all, but want to play it! So do I have to have the sims two already to get this? Like is it an expansion pack to the base game or is it the base game itself?
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited July 2014
    Does the Ultimate Collection work with Windows 8?

Because, I had the entire collection of The Sims 2, but, they don't work with Windows 8, so I couldn't play them properly when I got my new computer.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited July 2014
    Question: I don't have sims two at all, but want to play it! So do I have to have the sims two already to get this? Like is it an expansion pack to the base game or is it the base game itself?

You don't have to have The Sims 2.

This IS The Sims 2 an' all of its Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs. Plus, they've fixed a lot of bugs and such as well.
    So, you're getting the entire game, and all of its DLC, fo' free.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2014
    It includes the base game, all eps and all sps.

I wish they did a digital download of Castaway too! I loved that game.

Although I enjoy TS2, I have to say that building and decorating is very frustrating for me. There is too little colour choice, I have trouble matching things and can never find things in the shades I want. CASt has become an essential part of the game for me, so I'm not sure whether I could put up with a lack of it in TS4.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    OMG! Thank u so much, I didn't even know about this :) The only thing is, I don't know if I'll be able to play it, as I have a newer graphics card. I guess I'll find out.
    ETA: does Ultimate Collection mean all the expansions?

It does mean all expansions and stuff packs. And it has trouble recognizing newer ones. But a quick google search on how to get ts2 to recognize it is very useful.
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2014
    Im having so much fun with TS2! I had to figure out how to adjust some things that required some techie stuff ***** after that my game runs smooth and just fine.

DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited July 2014
    i only downloaded Sims 2 UC because I thought Castaway came with it and I don't plan on buying Sims 4.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    Fordee09 wrote:
    Does the Ultimate Collection work with Windows 8?

Because, I had the entire collection of The Sims 2, but, they don't work with Windows 8, so I couldn't play them properly when I got my new computer.

Yes. I have windows 8 and there were no problems at all when I installed, nor when playing the game.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for showing us this! I was literally days away from shelling out money for the last few expansions that I didn't have yet.

Possibly stupid question, am I good to go ahead and install it even though I already have most of the games installed on my computer? Or do I need to uninstall those and then install the one I got on origin?
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2014
    I downloaded the UC yesterday and played all day and into the night. (Finally went to bed around 3 AM.) I never did that with the sims 3.

Yes, sims 2 is infinitely harder than sims 3 but that's what makes it so appealing. You have to "play the game" to get your sims any money, without cheats that is, and to get promoted. I'd forgotten that part, lol. :oops:

Yes, I will definitely be getting the sims 4, planning on pre-ordering this week, just have to decide where, Gamestop or Origin. When I dl'ed UC, it only took about an hour, all 12.5 gb. :shock: Very surprised. I figure sims 4 is not that big, yet.

The biggest objection to sims 2 that I have is the no aging at the same time for all sims in town. When sim kids grow up they still have the same townie kids as friends which always seemed a little strange to me. :lol: In sims 4 everyone will age at the same rate...big plus.

Until then, I will be playing sims 2. Just discovered how to dl cc into the sims 2. :P My sims 3 saved games are glitched and I feel I just can't deal with it anymore. Not even having Twallan's mods have helped now. :(
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes. I started out with Sims2, had everything; all EPs and SPs they offered. Dubiously made the transition to Sim3, but was far more reserved in my spending; I bought all of the EPs, with the exception of Supernatural (not really my thing and was seriously glad that aliens [which ARE my thing] were included in Seasons). I only bought two SPs, however, but gladly accepted TL SP as the freebie offered.

I'm really having all kinds of fun re-learning how to play Sims2, after so long, but I do look forward to the innovations of Sims4. However, EA, I'm putting you on notice. If Sims4 isn't all it's purported to be, I will only purchase the base game, and go no further. I now have two games to fall back upon, if all else fails.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love sims 2 it's the bestest. I already have it on disc, but just got the free Ultimate collection. Thrilled to have it but yes

Still getting Sims 4!
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    YES! I finally uninstalled my Windows partition on my Mac, and re-installed a larger Windows 7 partition. Now I have plenty of space for my download!

Let's hope it works :mrgreen: