Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New anyone else get their demo code today? (old forum was messed up)

Comments

• Options
    Heather0325Heather0325 Posts: 77
    edited July 2014
    Depp273 wrote:
    The advisor also just told me this:

"These are being sent daily by the developing team and the numbers are increasing daily. Let's hope we get to try the game soon :)"

Again, could be a lie.

I actually believe that is true, except for the "increasing daily" part. Everyday I see a couple more people who get the demo in their Origin libraries. Then again, some of those people could just be downloading the demo's off their friends' accounts.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2014
    Depp273 wrote:

"These are being sent daily by the developing team and the numbers are increasing daily. Let's hope we get to try the game soon :)"

Again, could be a lie.

It's so hard to believe them since they lie so much though.. I'd rather have them say "sorry we can't share that info, or, we don't know that for ourselves" than lie to us..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    sarasara14sarasara14 Posts: 413 Member
    edited July 2014
    Depp273 wrote:

Again, could be a lie.
    So what he's saying is that the invites are still random and even the non simmers are still getting them, but that they ARE sending them out. Well I guess I'm just that unlucky that I still haven't gotten it :/
    yxk-tumblr.jpg
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    SammGirl wrote:
    Depp273 wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:
    People are saying that their demos in Origin just updated, and the last time that happened EA released a wave after. I'm not sure if that is what's going on, but its out best chance and our only clue to when the demo waves go out. Let's just cross our fingers and hope that us demoless finally get what everyone else has had for the past three weeks.

Three weeks, my gosh has it been that long? This is pathetic.

Yea, if you think about it people started getting their demos on July 8, it's July 22 now - at least where I am. Today is the three week mark.

No that makes today the two week mark, not three.
  • Options
    SammGirlSammGirl Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2014
    SammGirl wrote:
    Depp273 wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:
    People are saying that their demos in Origin just updated, and the last time that happened EA released a wave after. I'm not sure if that is what's going on, but its out best chance and our only clue to when the demo waves go out. Let's just cross our fingers and hope that us demoless finally get what everyone else has had for the past three weeks.

Yea, if you think about it people started getting their demos on July 8, it's July 22 now - at least where I am. Today is the three week mark.

Not if you look at a calendar. July 8 was the first day of invites, and they continued that week. The next week started on the 15, and today is the third week of demo's out in the public. Three weeks total since it has been out, including the first week, not two.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited July 2014
    SammGirl wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:
    Depp273 wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:

Not if you look at a calendar. July 8 was the first day of invites, and they continued that week. The next week started on the 15, and today is the third week of demo's out in the public. Three weeks total since it has been out, including the first week, not two.

I see what you're saying. You're right, it is the THIRD week, but it hasn't been THREE weeks. Like, it's been 14 days and at the end of this week it will have been three weeks and we will be on the fourth.
  • Options
    sarasara14sarasara14 Posts: 413 Member
    edited July 2014
    SammGirl wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:
    Depp273 wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:

Well it's been 14 days since the first wave, but I'll tell you what...week 3 of the demo out is just starting :D
    yxk-tumblr.jpg
  • Options
    SammGirlSammGirl Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2014
    SammGirl wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:
    Depp273 wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:

I see what you're saying. You're right, it is the THIRD week, but it hasn't been THREE weeks. Like, it's been 14 days and at the end of this week it will have been three weeks and we will be on the fourth.

Yea XD That's what I mean. It's been three weeks of waves and we are still demoless. Three weeks including the first one, not meaning three weeks since the first week. I should just rephrase it haha.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited July 2014
    SammGirl wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:
    Depp273 wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:

Yea XD That's what I mean. It's been three weeks of waves and we are still demoless. Three weeks including the first one, not meaning three weeks since the first week. I should just rephrase it haha.

Makes sense now :)

Demo time is nearing :D
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    So there's going to be a wave today? :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SammGirl wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:
    Depp273 wrote:
    SammGirl wrote:

Your language indicated that three weeks had passed, it hasn't. 14 days is two weeks. Yes it might mark the START of the third week, but it is not the third week mark because that would mean that three weeks had passed. Semantics matter, especially when you are dealing with people who are already upset over not getting demo.
  • Options
    CowplantedCowplanted Posts: 78
    edited July 2014
    kama674 wrote:

There's a good chance! If so, the wave should be coming out... right around now, I think? Over the next couple hours. It could be tomorrow, though, or the next day. Soon, probably. :D
  • Options
    kates120888888kates120888888 Posts: 212 Member
    edited July 2014
    yay :D
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cowplanted wrote:
    kama674 wrote:

There's a good chance! If so, the wave should be coming out... right around now, I think? Over the next couple hours. It could be tomorrow, though, or the next day. Soon, probably. :D

Yay! :D I really hope that everyone here is lucky then!
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yay, really hope there is a wave today and we are all lucky enough to get it! just spoke to an adviser and was told they are still being sent out to people as i wasnt sure if they were done with the waves.
  • Options
    memorybulletsmemorybullets Posts: 62 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Ooh, I hope that there is a wave today :) Preferably a big wave :mrgreen: Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    PassionfruittartePassionfruittarte Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2014
    Still no demo here..
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Those servers need lots more people to prepare it for the onslaught that's coming.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Demoless. :( But I'm being patient.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    edited July 2014
    35 more minutes till 4:00 pm eastern!
    large.jpg
  • Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wishing everyone luck! Hope everyone gets the demo today!
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Options
    Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh and btw good luck everyone
    large.jpg
  • Options
    kates120888888kates120888888 Posts: 212 Member
    edited July 2014
    wait do they normaly come out at 4 or something? :?
  • Options
    ArachneArachne Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2014
    Good luck, everyone!

So bored today, I hope I get it.
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited July 2014
    wait do they normaly come out at 4 or something? :?

The majority of people we've seen have got it between 4pm-6pm EST
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top