Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dark Shadowz Cycle 9: Twisted Tales - A4 Scores Posted

Comments

• Options
    BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited July 2014
    Everything is posted :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Judges Okay I just kinda wanna apologize XD! I feel like I scared all of you >_<!!! I felt that it was wayyyy too bloody and scary :lol: Nevertheless I appreciate the comments and I did notice a lot of things that you three pointed out >-<!

I'll tone down the blood in the second assignment :XD:

Congrats to Chell and Poida! I really enjoyed all your stories :D!

Oh and checking in~!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The blood and scariness doesn't bother me Angel, I know it's all in creativity :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for the scores. :mrgreen: Checkin' in.
    Congratulations on first place, Angel - the blood and all of that stuff on yours was really well done. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for the scores. :mrgreen: Checkin' in.
    Congratulations on first place, Angel - the blood and all of that stuff on yours was really well done. :D

Thank you Bebs <3! :cry: Too muchhh bllooood XD!! But thank you again <3
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    :D
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited July 2014
    Congrats Angel, well deserved.

And thank you judges. I agree, the picture wasn't brilliant, possibly because I was getting frustrated at that stage (hopefully that won't happen any more ;) )

If I'm reading the assignment correctly, there are five in total, so there are four more left to do. I may have to break the pledge I made about keeping the writing under a thousand words, as I was anticipating more assignments. At least I have an excuse to write a lot now :P
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    poida217 wrote:

And thank you judges. I agree, the picture wasn't brilliant, possibly because I was getting frustrated at that stage (hopefully that won't happen any more ;) )

If I'm reading the assignment correctly, there are five in total, so there are four more left to do. I may have to break the pledge I made about keeping the writing under a thousand words, as I was anticipating more assignments. At least I have an excuse to write a lot now :P

Thank you very much Poida ^^! I enjoyed reading your story a lot :D I can't wait to see what happens in the end :P

I'm like that type of person that can't wait to get to the ending to see what happens and if there's a happily ever after or not XD If I usually think that way then it means the beginning of the story is too good and I just want to skip to the ending XD But then again a lot of things happen in the climax of the story and I don't understand anything :XD:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    poida217 wrote:

NO, No, no, no, no. There are 10 assignments. 5 is the middle where the arc or climax of the story is to take place. UNLESS you are planning to save that for the finale, then you might happen to have TWO climax scenes :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CONTESTANTS!!

There are 2 things I want to discuss...

First, I'm curious if any of you would object to this being a NON-ELIMINATION competition. I only ask this because with story competitions it's fun to see each of you complete a story. I'd like to take a vote from ALL contestants on this matter. Just let me know if you would like this to turn into a non-elim comp or stay elimination.

Second...
    In case there was ANY confusion, there are 10 ASSIGNMENTS in this competition. I'm following the general basic story arch of including the climax somewhere in the middle. You are totally allowed to throw as many climax scenes in as you want or carrying the climax over a couple assignments. This is the general arc I'm using as a basis for the assignments:
    story+arc.png

But, of course you can do whatever you like with multiple arcs, just keep in mind that assignment 5 is the middle of the road where climax SHOULD take place.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    BrigidBrigid Posts: 1,468 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I do not object. i was actually thinking of asking this simply because I've sort of gotten into the stories too and it would be crazy to get to like, the 7th assignment of someones rising action only to have them get eliminated and you NEVER FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS. lol

Vote yes for me :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @Brigid 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that'd be the worst!! It's all intense and suspensful and they get eliminated and then the suspense is killing you XD!

I'd love for this competition to be non elim! (I actually thought it was non elim at the beginning.. XD I don't even read carefully enough T_T)

Also Beech I have a question! My story is rather short, actually it's really short. Random Summary of the actualy ugly duckling story

Ugly Duckling isn't accepted for looking different, he runs away, finds a cabin where someone teaches him the value of life and love, and then he grows up to be a swan and then he goes back to his family and accepts them and forgives them..

It's a rather simple and bland plot if you ask me XD So, I have an idea of how it'll turn out but I'm not too sure if it's going to be a little misdirected in terms of following the actual story line. Since it's way too simple I feel the story that I will create will be so different it'll draw away from the original storyline :? Any ideas on what I should do? Should I keep it simple or would it be a problem if I went ahead with my original plan?
  • Options
    RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    edited July 2014
    I go for non elimnation! But, how are you gonna choose the winner then? Are you gonna lay together all the scores and see who got the most in the long run?

And in my story, the huge climax is at the end! :( Everything is very calm, then BAM goes the climax, everything is very sad, and then the story ends... what should I do?
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited July 2014
    Whatever you want to do is fine with me...oh and checking in. :)
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    @Brigid 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that'd be the worst!! It's all intense and suspensful and they get eliminated and then the suspense is killing you XD!

I'd love for this competition to be non elim! (I actually thought it was non elim at the beginning.. XD I don't even read carefully enough T_T)

Also Beech I have a question! My story is rather short, actually it's really short. Random Summary of the actualy ugly duckling story

Ugly Duckling isn't accepted for looking different, he runs away, finds a cabin where someone teaches him the value of life and love, and then he grows up to be a swan and then he goes back to his family and accepts them and forgives them..

It's a rather simple and bland plot if you ask me XD So, I have an idea of how it'll turn out but I'm not too sure if it's going to be a little misdirected in terms of following the actual story line. Since it's way too simple I feel the story that I will create will be so different it'll draw away from the original storyline :? Any ideas on what I should do? Should I keep it simple or would it be a problem if I went ahead with my original plan?

Okay, so I don't want to tell you how to write the story, HOWEVER, I will give some ideas. Yes, yours is very simple, the Ugly Duckling is about acceptance. I'll give you some ideas...

(basing my ideas off of the way your story's started):

-Maybe your model could grow up (turning into your adult-submitted model by, say, Assignment 3?) constantly being abused by her family. She's given more privileges as she ages, but only because she's finally learned her place as the subservient slave in the family. She could be shipped off to a bootcamp kind of school because she "misbehaves" and it's there that she blossoms into a strong, beautiful young woman. Then maybe she learns that everyone around her (in bootcamp) appreciates her for who she is and she forms close bonds. Then maybe after graduating (her parents don't come, of course), she and her newly formed friends return to her old home where a new addition has been brought into the family and is being abused in the same way she was. She and her friends kick some butt and take the little girl to raise in a collective family kind of unit.

A few assignments could center on your model making friends or completing obstacles, learning more about these new family friends she makes.

OR

-Maybe your story is years later, when your model is fully grown, and we get a little backstory that she'd begun to endure less and less abuse because it was engrained in her that she deserved it and her parents have turned their abusive nature onto a new addition in the family. Being traumatized by what happened with her last little sister, your model has shut this new one out and chooses to guard herself and her sanity by ignoring what's happening to her. She runs away and finds a magical portal that takes her to a place where she's shown the value of friendship and love. She goes through something there in the magical place that gives her the strength to blossom into a beautiful "swan" and she returns home to rescue the little sister she left behind. Then maybe she and this sister escape to the magical kingdom where they're loved forever and ever.

**Those are just 2 ideas that I could think of off the top of my head. You can use them or come up with your own.

Rikizzia wrote:
    I go for non elimnation! But, how are you gonna choose the winner then? Are you gonna lay together all the scores and see who got the most in the long run?

And in my story, the huge climax is at the end! :( Everything is very calm, then BAM goes the climax, everything is very sad, and then the story ends... what should I do?

Scores are kept tallied separately, then the one with the most points at the end is the winner.

Yours is actually quite easy to add climaxes as you go along and you do not have to follow the exact same storyline. You've already opened up some wonderful avenues by making your model a siren instead of a mermaid. You could possibly twist it to Eric falling in love with your model and asking her to join him above water for a day in exchange for her taking him to see her underwater kingdom. Then maybe when he goes to see her kingdom he has secretly wanted to kill all the sirens because they're dangerous and your model has to fight back. Nothing says this has to end happily or follow the exact storyline. The way you could still tie this into the original tale, but twist it up, is to have her go through these things in the middle, then find love in someone else at the end?
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @Beech 🐸🐸🐸🐸.. I love youu!! I have an idea now ^^ Thank you so much Beech <3!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ah...

That would explain the confusion. Climax has more than one meaning. To me it means finishing something off, hence the assumption I made. I'll have to rethink what I'm going to write, as I too had the climax occurring at the end. I'll work something out :P

In regards to the other issue. I'd prefer that the comp stay as elimination, but I have no objection if you decide to go with non-elimination.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Angel: lol No problem. The thing about this is with some of your fairytales it's okay to just go with the underlying message or moral of the story and it work. For you, acceptance and overcoming obstacles is a good underlying theme that can be expanded on. Some of the Disney fairytales, however, should stay to the script and add some twists.

Poida: You can totally still have a climax at the end - even the BIG climax can be at the end. Assignment five will just require you to have something dramatic or exciting happen - doesn't have to be the BIG climax :)

And for this to be turn into a non-elimination competition, it needs to be unanimous. I don't want anyone feeling pressured into it or like they're stuck in a comp they didn't want to be in.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Votes for Non-Elimination:
    Ante
    Vana
    Lidi
    Angel
    Rikki
    Nini

Unknown Response:
    Jaybee

Whatever Happens I'm Good:
    Chell
    Bubbles
    Poida

**for my own sanity**
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So many double entendres in regards to this topic about climaxes...

Erm, moving on. It sounds like I could potentially veto the idea of turning this into a non-elim. As I said before, I have no problem with this being non-elim if that's the way you want to go. I'm more in the nature of being fine regardless of what direction you go, I simply have a preference for one over the other (you can blame the fact that I'm agnostic for having such a difficult opinion)

tl;dr Put me down as happy either way :P
  • Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    edited July 2014
    Beech, I am so sorry for not giving in my mock, I just got caught up with everyday life, sucks to not be apart of this, but I will be a loud lurker :P
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sounds great Poida.

No problem Bob. It happens.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't want to do this, god I don't want to, but I have to drop. Can't really talk about why, but please know that I do NOT want to do this! You know that DS has been my favorite comp since cycle one! Please don't hate me for this Beech! I am so sorry. :(
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    edited July 2014
    I went ingame and was gonna do my assignment, did all the makeup stuff and used a year for sims to load. Then I go eat breakfast, when I come back, my pc have overheated itself, and turned itself off, so I have to do the whole thing again... >:}

Snape.gif

And its a fly in my room, who is annoying the crap outta me.

I have no patience today...

YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Here we are, Assignment 2 (image is clickable, if you want to see it in all it's full size glory)

I suspect I may not do too well this week, but I kinda figure that each assignment can't be all blood and gore and action...

*Runs out of the thread, screaming*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top