Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else get their demo code today?

Comments

• Options
    DaveLevenbachDaveLevenbach Posts: 117 New Member
    edited July 2014

Yesterday while watching a new youtube video the girl didnt even know name of Origin! She said she installed the demo from a program with circle icon!! And she didnt mention even if she was a sim fan. All she was saying "this people game is funny"!!!

But a least she take the time to play it and make a video of it =) Some doesn't even bother downloading the game ^^
  • Options
    NightlightNightlight Posts: 87 New Member
    edited July 2014
    .. and people from Italy with the demo?
    No one? :(
  • Options
    1paddywaddy1paddywaddy Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nightlight wrote:
    .. and people from Italy with the demo?
    No one? :(

Ok, im really starting to think that Origin has been sending the majority out to people in the US.
    Nah, im probably wrong, just gotta sit tight and be patent.

EDIT: I spelt patient wrong :roll:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I woke up this morning feeling like I wouldn't get it, opened up my emails and nothing. Sigh... :(. Oh well, there's tonight, I'm keeping my fingers crossed all day, not like it'll help. Do Origin send out demos mostly to people in the U.S? because I've only heard about one person in the UK who has got it. again, :cry:.

Wishing everybody luck.
    It's random, though I think a majority of people with the demo are in the US. I know plenty people in the UK on twitter with it.

OK, that's cool, I feel relieved now :mrgreen:
  • Options
    hannahghxxxhannahghxxx Posts: 316 Member
    edited July 2014
    I checked my Origin last night and I found the game in there. It was added on the 16th! :P I played around last night and made a sim called Bella. The controls were a bit tricky at first, but I got the hang of it. :)
    Only problem is I can't play again because Origin is running in background mode now! Does anyone know how to fix this?

If it´s not an origin icon down in the right corner beside your date and time there should be an arrow pointing upwards that you can click on. There are all the programs that your comptuer is running in the background, right click the origin icon and there should be an option to open origin. :)

ETA: Congrats on getting the demo! :D

Thank you for the help, but the icon is not there when I click it?
    Good luck everyone! xx I hope you all get it!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I checked my Origin last night and I found the game in there. It was added on the 16th! :P I played around last night and made a sim called Bella. The controls were a bit tricky at first, but I got the hang of it. :)
    Only problem is I can't play again because Origin is running in background mode now! Does anyone know how to fix this?

If it´s not an origin icon down in the right corner beside your date and time there should be an arrow pointing upwards that you can click on. There are all the programs that your comptuer is running in the background, right click the origin icon and there should be an option to open origin. :)

Do you have task manager? if so, just open up task manager and below the part that sais background processes, there should be Origin, left click and pick end task, taa daah, origin is no longer running in the background. Hope this helped :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    hannahghxxxhannahghxxx Posts: 316 Member
    edited July 2014

Do you have task manager? if so, just open up task manager and below the part that sais background processes, there should be Origin, left click and pick end task, taa daah, origin is no longer running in the background. Hope this helped :mrgreen:.

Thank you! I restarted my laptop after I did it. Thanks for the help everyone! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KoolPHKoolPH Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hope I get my demo today (if they are doing a new wave)
  • Options
    kirstybloodlust7kirstybloodlust7 Posts: 529 Member
    edited July 2014
    Good morning, everybody.

It's currently 12:25 here in the nicely cooled down area of the UK I'm in after that absolutely gorgeous storm last night!

Fingers crossed for everyone from every area of the world to get the demo today! I hope I do, too. But it's nice when I see people as excited as I would be if I got it getting it!

Have a wonderful day, simmers! :)
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited July 2014
    Do you guys think there will be a wave today? It would be so nice to have for the weekend :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Good morning, everybody.

It's currently 12:25 here in the nicely cooled down area of the UK I'm in after that absolutely gorgeous storm last night!

Fingers crossed for everyone from every area of the world to get the demo today! I hope I do, too. But it's nice when I see people as excited as I would be if I got it getting it!

hey, im in the UK too :mrgreen:. Cloudy skies where I am. Anyway, I feel better after hearing that somebody who signed up got the demo, especially if their in the UK, makes me feel like I've got a chance. Good luck to everybody who wants the demo, I am one of those people. :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Do you guys think there will be a wave today? It would be so nice to have for the weekend :)

I hope so. Yeah, it would be nice for the weekend.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    Good morning, everybody.

Aw that was nice imagery :D

Here in Ontario its cooled down but quite sunny.

wednesday i saw people getting the demo around 4 my time. so ill be checking while at work.
    i even downloaded the origin client so i could check that xD im bad, i know
  • Options
    CristalXCristalX Posts: 286 New Member
    edited July 2014
    What time did they usually send them?
    California time?New York time?Because here is 3.40 pm
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited July 2014
    CristalX wrote:

I'm in the EST time zone and I've noticed 3pm-6pm ..ish
  • Options
    Phish2Phish2 Posts: 154 Member
    edited July 2014
    CristalX wrote:

They will be sending anywhere from 6 to 7 hours from now.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    CristalX wrote:

yup im est too. they sent them around 4-5 ish wednesday.
  • Options
    CristalXCristalX Posts: 286 New Member
    edited July 2014

Phish2 wrote:
    They will be sending anywhere from 6 to 7 hours from now.

Ok thank you.
    So if they send waves today(night where I am) I hope we"ll get it.
  • Options
    xNeptunexxNeptunex Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ahhh Origin is killing me! I am trying to order 2 stuff packs I don't have yet in the sale and every time I get to the payment part it comes up temporarily unavailable due to server load!

The sale ends today :(

Fingers crossed we get another wave of demos soon - good luck everyone!
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2014
    The waves are usually 6 hours away from now and it's 15:12 pm here, so hopefully we get one tonight for the weekend! Hope you all recieve it ^^
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited July 2014
    The waves are usually 6 hours away from now and it's 15:12 pm here, so hopefully we get one tonight for the weekend! Hope you all recieve it ^^

Ooh, same time where I live. Where are you from? :)
  • Options
    FeMillahFeMillah Posts: 201 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pyzia wrote:
    FeMillah wrote:
    xNeptunex wrote:
    @FehMillah - me too! I have spent all today reinstalling my CC for the sims 2 and making over the Caliente sisters and their house. Sims 2 really is a great game, but I really was missing CAST :( I hope its absence will be less noticeable in the Sims 4.
    I got a new computer so i didn't have sims 2 on it for ages, but it was fun playing it again, and notice all the little things I like about sims 2 and sims 3(due to lack of it in sims 2), like pairing shoes with different outfits and so on, I never really used CAST so much i think, but I noticed that it annoyed me a little I didn't have so many colors to chose from. I hope sims 4 will have many different clothing styles :) (and hair!!!)

I reinstall TS2 yesterday and play a bit. Gosh I forgot how great this game is! I think I enjoy it a bit more than TS3 at the moment. I only have box edition- do you think it will be possible to get TS2 Ultimate if I never registered it on origin?
    Yes, I went through EA's help (chat-system) and waited like forever, but the guy helped me from my basegame code to the code for the ultimate collection in no time, Simsvip made a post about what to do if you like to read it : http://simsvip.com/2014/07/16/update-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/#more-39069
    SATC-GIF.gif
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote:

Ooh, same time where I live. Where are you from? :)

I'm from The Netherlands! You?
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    HakanS97HakanS97 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited July 2014
    It's 16:19 in here!
    I hope that we can get the demo today!! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Around Ireland and Britain they would usually send the invites around 9/10/11 o'clock time, so id usually check in the morning and at night.

Its 14:26 here, im going to the movies at 17:00 so I've got a couple hours to wait for the demo.