Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else get their demo code today?

Comments

• Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    edited July 2014
    double post
  • Options
    Timitu9Timitu9 Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2014
    Between 5:30PM and 6:30PM EST by the looks of it. I will edit with a world clock to help people figure out that time for you guys.

EDIT: Here is a world clock website. It will tell you the current time it is in any part of the world right now. So you can see how far ahead or behind you are when someone says a time. I use it as I run projects for people all over the world and I give them this page to figure out what time their time they can expect things in the project to happen. :) EST the same as "Toronto". And lots of other places too. But so no one is confused I will just name the one place. See what time it is in Toronto and compare it to your own time and that will tell you roughly when the time listed above is for where you live.) :) Hope that helps everyone. (It will also help if someone else on here says times for things and you want to know. Just find out roughly what area they are from and go from there.)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
    CanadaDaySig.png
  • Options
    JamieWentz21JamieWentz21 Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2014
    Phish2 wrote:
    Just got done waiting forever for to talk to an advisor about TS2 Ultimate. My TS2 base game was registered back in 2005 so they put in my digital library and then said he was going to send me a code for the Ultimate Edition! I got nowhere yesterday with this I just got a nicer person this time? Also he said he noticed I wasn't signed up to get the Demo and asked if I would like to sign up. I told him how I signed up the other day and thought I was all set since I got the confirmation email. So maybe I'll get it now?? I don't know at least I finally got the **** Sims 2 collection.

I hope another big wave goes out today!!!!

Did you get the confirmation email the first time you signed up??

I did, twice!
  • Options
    TynkTynk Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well, i got my demo code last night at 5:05pm EST. Unfortunately, did not notice until this morning. lol Currently downloading it. *excited*
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    gosh I feel like my chance at getting the demo is slim :cry: I'm happy everyone else got it yesterday though...wishing everyone luck for today...hopefully they release another wave sometime
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Phish2Phish2 Posts: 154 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well hopefully the sign up worked for me.... Should I call EA??? Ugh I hate the thought of signing up and it not actually signing me up while I sit and wait.......
  • Options
    thesims3fan4thesims3fan4 Posts: 168 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I bet if someone calls EA they are going to be saying it will be out later this summer to everyone or you can sign up to try out
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I need to take a chill pill lol...... I think all this waiting is getting to me.. Must... Stay.....Strong....I can do this!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Phish2 wrote:
    Well hopefully the sign up worked for me.... Should I call EA??? Ugh I hate the thought of signing up and it not actually signing me up while I sit and wait.......

It's a long wait but if your not doing anything else you could check to make sure your successfully signed up. I just thought I'd ask since I waited so long and had them there anyways
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited July 2014
    I received an e-mail of confirmation for signing up yesterday, when i signed up the day before. Hopefully this means today is the day!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Phish2 wrote:

It's a long wait but if your not doing anything else you could check to make sure your successfully signed up. I just thought I'd ask since I waited so long and had them there anyways

I just don't get how you signing up the first time couldn't have worked? I wonder how many others have this happening.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    some people have said after they signed up they got it! D: which made me hopeful so been checking all day yesterday on/off & nothing :( I'm just not that lucky lol
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    memorybulletsmemorybullets Posts: 62 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I signed up at about 3:38 AM yesterday morning (UK time) but didn't receive my confirmation email until about 10:27 PM that night. So, maybe because of that I wasn't actually in the running to get it yesterday? I'm not really sure how these things work to be honest.

Anyway, I hope that today is a good day for us all :)
  • Options
    natpat100natpat100 Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Right after I signed up I got my confirmation email right away
  • Options
    AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited July 2014
    What time do I need to check it if I'm in the uk?
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.

• Options
    GainjaGainja Posts: 167 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope people don't assume that just because some of us have more than one account, we're all using them to try and grab a demo? That would just be rude and obnoxious.

I have 2 accounts for the simple reason that when I wanted to play Battlefield I was forced to create an Origin account, not knowing that I apparently already had one for my sims games, which I have always purchased on disks! I've signed up for the demo with my Sims origin account.

So why don't we all try and remain positive instead of starting yet another sims forum typical flame war?

EDIT to add: Besides I've tried countless times to get those two accounts merges to no avail, because that's just how EA and Origin roll.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to do something crazy and try not to check my origin, email, twitter, or the forum for an hour. Wow this is going to be crazy difficult
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    Phish2 wrote:

If you have signed up you should receive a confirmation email from EA.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    vicky1qavicky1qa Posts: 158 Member
    edited July 2014

I'm in Canada and in EST and at EST people have said that they've got it at around 5, so i would assume that it would be around 10 for you in the UK!

I sure hope i get mine today. :cry:
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2014
    Gainja wrote:
    I hope people don't assume that just because some of us have more than one account, we're all using them to try and grab a demo? That would just be rude and obnoxious.

I have 2 accounts for the simple reason that when I wanted to play Battlefield I was forced to create an Origin account, not knowing that I apparently already had one for my sims games, which I have always purchased on disks! I've signed up for the demo with my Sims origin account.

So why don't we all try and remain positive instead of starting yet another sims forum typical flame war?

EDIT to add: Besides I've tried countless times to get those two accounts merges to no avail, because that's just how EA and Origin roll.

If you happen to have two accounts than it's okay, or when your sister/brother has an account, but not making 5 accounts just for the demo xd. That's totally different
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    KoolPHKoolPH Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Is the confirmation email the one that says "thank you, you are now a sims insider"??
    Because If not then what is the confirmation email?
  • Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited July 2014
    The saving grace for me today if I don't get the demo is the new featured look set in the store which will come with a lot.

That's coming out today? I've been waiting for that set :D

I'm still demo-less, I checked my Origin this morning, don't know why I keep torturing myself, it still wasn't there. But then again it is only 10:18 am where I am, making it 8:18 am EA time. :(

Someone posted about playing TS3 with their Disks, that's always been the way I've played. I really hope this isn't how they are determining who gets the demo and who doesn't by when the last time they played TS3! According to Origin the last time I played TS3 was back in October 2013! :shock: (Which isn't the case at all.)
  • Options
    vicky1qavicky1qa Posts: 158 Member
    edited July 2014
    KoolPH wrote:
    Is the confirmation email the one that says "thank you, you are now a sims insider"

I think so! Mine said "Thanks for Signing Up You are now an Insider for The Sims! You're set to receive the latest news, exclusive offers, and more, at this email address."
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    Phish2 wrote:
    Just got done waiting forever for to talk to an advisor about TS2 Ultimate. My TS2 base game was registered back in 2005 so they put in my digital library and then said he was going to send me a code for the Ultimate Edition! I got nowhere yesterday with this I just got a nicer person this time? Also he said he noticed I wasn't signed up to get the Demo and asked if I would like to sign up. I told him how I signed up the other day and thought I was all set since I got the confirmation email. So maybe I'll get it now?? I don't know at least I finally got the **** Sims 2 collection.

I hope another big wave goes out today!!!!

Did you get the confirmation email the first time you signed up??

I did, twice!

I just got done speaking with an advisor and was informed that there was no way for them to check to see if I was signed up or not. He told me to just go sign up again. Took 50 minutes for me to get that nugget of wisdom :(
  • Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    vicky1qa wrote:

I'm in Canada and in EST and at EST people have said that they've got it at around 5, so i would assume that it would be around 10 for you in the UK!

I sure hope i get mine today. :cry:

I'm in Alberta, and people were receiving them at 1:30-2 pm yesterday where I am.