Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I came right :D

Comments

• Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just wanted to pop in and say that you are eligible to get the Ultimate Collection if you just have hard copies, I just got it now after 3 attempts speaking to an advisor. I only owned hard copies from when they were originally released. Keep trying until you get it.
  • Options
    mariarockmariarock Posts: 86
    edited July 2014
    ok, I spoke with a representative just an hour ago. He told me to register my sims 2 games on https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do

I did register the first (open for business) but it still hasn't showed up on origin though... I'm worried :(

And it won't let me register the rest

When I try it says: We are unable to retrieve your product information at this time. Please try again. If this error repeats, please try again later

I'm trying for an hour but still the same responce. And when I try to register Nightlife, the one I used for the sims 2 website, it says it is already used.

The representative told me to wait for 4 days and if I don't get the e-mail to try and contact them again.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    oh, I had to create a Classic Screen Name to register the first game, but I can't find it again, do you guys know where it is?

It should show up somewhere in my origin info I guess, but I can't find it.

I googled it but didn't find the path...
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited July 2014
    mariarock wrote:
    oh, I had to create a Classic Screen Name to register the first game, but I can't find it again, do you guys know where it is?

It should show up somewhere in my origin info I guess, but I can't find it.

I googled it but didn't find the path...

I had to do the same thing, it's at http://www.profile.ea.com and log in with your ea account, your browser will try to prevent you from entering as for some odd reason it is deemed unsafe, just proceed anyway and log in
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you Gemmie12!
    I see my different personas there but I can't do anything much. Should I have the classic persona as a default or the EA ID in order to get the Ultimate collection?

The expansion I registered is still not showing up on my origin. Shouldn't it be next to my other games??? Should I be worried?
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your ea classic should be your default, based on my time with the rep
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you again, I hope I'm not being annoying :oops: but when I created the classic persona i created a different password than the one I use for origin (for security reasons I always use different ones). Is that a problem? I used the origin one to enter there though.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    mariarock wrote:
    Thank you again, I hope I'm not being annoying :oops: but when I created the classic persona i created a different password than the one I use for origin (for security reasons I always use different ones). Is that a problem? I used the origin one to enter there though.

I added my classic persona to my profile and was not required to enter the email or password I used with it (which is good, because it's so long ago that I can't remember).

I was also successful at getting the ultimate collection, despite the fact that my base game and 90% of everything else is a physical copy. The rep had to put me on hold and said she went to get permission from her supervisor. So yeah, folks are having lots of varying experiences. They also gave me a 15% discount code for my next Origin purchase.

Since folks are asking: I'm in the US, but I suspect my game rep was in Asia (although one should probably not judge by accents). Rather than call a US/North American number, I contacted them as follows:

I went to the following link and selected Origin, PC, Codes (for topic), then typed "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" in the "Please tell us a little more" box. Then it gave me the option to have them call me back or to wait for an online chat window. I opted to have them call me back. The immediately sent me an email with a case number, and they called back pretty much in the time frame they'd promised (it was a few minutes over, but who's counting).

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2014
    I had to talk to 4 different advisor's and they all told me something different. A few of them said that physical edition copies qualify but not until the 22nd, but I knew some were already getting the double deluxe or the ultimate collection. You are allowed to get the ultimate edition with just a physical edition. I registered my base sims 2 game through my EA profile classic game persona and then tried waiting on chat with them a 5th time. I told them that my registered copy of the sims 2 wasn't appearing in my origin account and they asked for my cd key and added the sims 2 ultimate edition to my origin. You just have to keep trying till you find a advisor who will help. It seemed like a lot of them just didn't know much about the offer yet.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited July 2014
    the title of this thread needs changed, I too have it and never bought anything digital for TS2
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ok I just talked with a second advisor, they asked my email adress, my security answer and voila I am downloading the game right now. I hope everything goes alright.
    I never bought a digital copy, and I only gave him the code of an expansion (it was the easiest to find).

edit: my advice is try the live chat until someone gives it to you.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited July 2014
    Does anybody have the phone number? I've been trying to get one from Origin. All I can see is that there are delays for phone and live chat due to a hurricane Rasmussen. But, no phone number. I don't mind waiting for them to call me back, but there's little point in me trying to download without a proper code, right? :shock: I would just like to play the silly game.

All I can figure, is I'm following a wrong path to the information. Face/palm.

Please, and thank you. :mrgreen:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just talked to an adviser and he was very helpful :D I don't own any of the expansion packs or stuff packs, just the DVD version of Double Deluxe. I use to own all the expansion packs but sold them when times were a little tough.

All he did was ask me for my name, email, and the registration code for my game. After that he game me a code for The Ultimate Collection! Then he kindly waited in the chat until I started my download to make sure it was working.

Maybe I just got lucky but my adviser was nice and very helpful. Sorry to all those having problems :(
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Does anybody have the phone number? I've been trying to get one from Origin. All I can see is that there are delays for phone and live chat due to a hurricane Rasmussen. But, no phone number. I don't mind waiting for them to call me back, but there's little point in me trying to download without a proper code, right? :shock: I would just like to play the silly game.

You make the request for them to call back via web interface. Some people seem to have found regional phone numbers, but they seem to be having less luck than the call-back and web chat folks.

I went to the following link and selected Origin, PC, Codes (for topic), then typed "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" in the "Please tell us a little more" box. Then it gave me the option to have them call me back or to wait for an online chat window. I opted to have them call me back. They immediately sent me an email with a case number, and they called back pretty much in the time frame they'd promised (it was a few minutes over, but who's counting).

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:

You make the request for them to call back via web interface. Some people seem to have found regional phone numbers, but they seem to be having less luck than the call-back and web chat folks.

I went to the following link and selected Origin, PC, Codes (for topic), then typed "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" in the "Please tell us a little more" box. Then it gave me the option to have them call me back or to wait for an online chat window. I opted to have them call me back. They immediately sent me an email with a case number, and they called back pretty much in the time frame they'd promised (it was a few minutes over, but who's counting).

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I bumbled my way through and now have a call-back in 68 minutes. Time to catch a shower! :D
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mcmuffinburgermcmuffinburger Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited July 2014
    Speak to another rep because I was certainly able to get an ultimate edition with my physical copies me and my best friend were able to

For whatever reason there are reps who dont want to let us have it but just keep trying its a long process I was able to get it after giving him my freetime and seasons codes
  • Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited July 2014
    OP really should change the title of this thread as it is an incorrect statement and very misleading.

I own every Sims 2 EP/SP on disc. I contacted Live Chat and really didn't get far there, so I contacted customer support via telephone. I just got off the telephone with a wonderful customer service rep who took all of two minutes to look at my account and verify my information before providing me with a code for the Ultimate Sims 2 download.

So as others have stated, don't stop at one rep if you don't get the answer you are looking for. :wink:
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    :shock: That might explain why I got one because I have a digital copy of Bon Voyage in my origins account.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am sorry, but I spoke to another representative, this time in Aussie and got the same response, so I will not be changing the name, since the way most people are getting it is if the rules get broken. I will keep on trying and if I get it right then I will change the thread, but until then this is the honest truth, the rules are you need to own a digital copy :wink:
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    I am sorry, but I spoke to another representative, this time in Aussie and got the same response, so I will not be changing the name, since the way most people are getting it is if the rules get broken. I will keep on trying and if I get it right then I will change the thread, but until then this is the honest truth, the rules are you need to own a digital copy :wink:
    I'm sorry Mcrudd, I think that you're just having bad luck. Which really sucks. I'm saying that because I just recently bought my TS2 Deluxe and only just got it in the mail today. I went on live chat, which took about an hour and a half for me to get a CS Rep. Within 4 minutes I gave the support tech my serial # and they added both TS2 Deluxe and TS2 Ultimate Collection to my account. I hope that you get the right support rep soon. Good luck to you.
    P.S. Now if only I can get my issue of missing content taken care of. *crosses fingers*
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm sorry Mcrudd, I think that you're just having bad luck. Which really sucks. I'm saying that because I just recently bought my TS2 Deluxe and only just got it in the mail today. I went on live chat, which took about an hour and a half for me to get a CS Rep. Within 4 minutes I gave the support tech my serial # and they added both TS2 Deluxe and TS2 Ultimate Collection to my account. I hope that you get the right support rep soon. Good luck to you.
    P.S. Now if only I can get my issue of missing content taken care of. *crosses fingers*

Thanks I will keep on trying, I will try the live chat next, I am just busy reinstalling all of my sims 2 manually, so that when I am on live chat I can take a printscreen of my installed games so they can see I legally own them, perhaps that would help in some way. I am almost done installing them all again
  • Options
    withthecrimelabwiththecrimelab Posts: 691 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've never bought a digital sims2 copy (bg/sp/ep) but I did have my games registered on the sims2 site (and so with the old ea download manager) so a few of them transferred to my origin account once it was linked to the forums (because we could reserve our usernames before the ts3 site opened iirc). A few months (years?) when origin removed ts2 from their store, all but holiday pack and store pack (which was free to official forum members when thesims2 official was shutting down iirc) disappeared from my account. However, yesterday I logged into origin and TS2 ultimate collection was ready in my games library to download, through no effort of my own.
    So there can't be broken rules if this is standard for people who don't call up or go through chat.
    I think it's more a case that you need to ensure your ea download manager/thesims2 account are linked to your origin, or if you didn't apply the disc versions to your account that you go through chat or email to do that now. People with disc versions should, and are able to, get the ultimate collection.
    mcrudd wrote:
    Thanks I will keep on trying, I will try the live chat next, I am just busy reinstalling all of my sims 2 manually, so that when I am on live chat I can take a printscreen of my installed games so they can see I legally own them, perhaps that would help in some way. I am almost done installing them all again

Do you have an old ea download manager or ts2 forums account that you can remember? I know that none of my disc codes work with origin, or show up in origin although they did some months (years) ago, but it might just turn up for you in your library if the accounts are linked or if you had the codes on your origin account at any point. Fingers crossed that it just appears for you.
  • Options
    dash3001dash3001 Posts: 639 Member
    edited July 2014
    mcrudd wrote:

Why are you "speaking" to people? It seems as if the majority is getting it though Live Chat, myself included. And I broke no rules, and the advisors probably aren't either because, well, that might jeopardize their jobs. It's as simple as: I requested and they complied. So I guess if you get it, the rules are no longer being "broken?" :?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    dash3001 wrote:

Why are you "speaking" to people? It seems as if the majority is getting it though Live Chat, myself included. And I broke no rules, and the advisors probably aren't either because, well, that might jeopardize their jobs. It's as simple as: I requested and they complied. So I guess if you get it, the rules are no longer being "broken?" :?

I am speaking cause its easier than having to go on the internet. Mine is also not as fast because its school holidays and we have reached our broadband limit, so its not as fast as it used too, so a bit more of a hassle.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've never bought a digital sims2 copy (bg/sp/ep) but I did have my games registered on the sims2 site (and so with the old ea download manager) so a few of them transferred to my origin account once it was linked to the forums (because we could reserve our usernames before the ts3 site opened iirc). A few months (years?) when origin removed ts2 from their store, all but holiday pack and store pack (which was free to official forum members when thesims2 official was shutting down iirc) disappeared from my account. However, yesterday I logged into origin and TS2 ultimate collection was ready in my games library to download, through no effort of my own.
    So there can't be broken rules if this is standard for people who don't call up or go through chat.
    I think it's more a case that you need to ensure your ea download manager/thesims2 account are linked to your origin, or if you didn't apply the disc versions to your account that you go through chat or email to do that now. People with disc versions should, and are able to, get the ultimate collection.

My Sims 2 account was never really attached to Origin or EADM (Origin's precursor). And my Sims 2 account had a different email than my origin account.

I was able to get them to add Double Deluxe to my Origin account yesterday. I gave them my base game code which I had registered. I therefore had to prove I was the owner of the Sims 2 account the game was registered to. He didn't ask for proof I owned the Origin account that I gave the email for.

Went on tonight to get clarification on when I would get Ultimate and my adviser added Ultimate to my account. This adviser did ask for proof that I owned my Origin account.

So the accounts not being linked shouldn't be an issue. Just so long as you can prove that you own both accounts.