May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else get their demo code today?

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,118 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I don't agree with the way this has been handled. I'm just hoping the sign up pulls through for us all, and that I personally haven't been blacklisted for daring to raise the issue a few times on the forums/Twitter. ;)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't get the demo yet but the new advisor just sorted my Sims 2 out! and registered the Sims 2 Ultimate collection for me ;DDD YES!!!! so happy ^-^ oh my god. LIKE THIS FEELS BETTER THAN THE DEMO.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2014
    Since people got it and said they didn't sign up for the demo, we still have a chance to get it within two weeks!

And I agree, make more accounts is absoluty unfair for others, what if you recieve it on all of them while others could have it.. But okay, it's 12pm so i'll be waiting for it tonight, again aha!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm getting so desperate. looking at pics on this site and others. And watching youtube videos daily about the demo! Getting more frustrated when these people in different video s say things like
    "I never played a sim game"
    "I have no intention to buy Sims 4"
    "This is good but not my type of games"

This ****** me off more :evil:
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CallaCantDiscoCallaCantDisco Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nothing here yet; I've sat back quietly and put these forums on the back burner for the most part. However, I can't help but say the way they've handled this whole situation is undeniably vacuous and inexplicably inequitable. It's beyond me how apparently people who happen to use Origin [and don't even play Sims games] have gotten it and loyal, unwavering fans have not. Yes, everyone will get it reasonably soon. But, it's just the entire principle of the aforementioned things that is so unnerving. It honestly feels like they just don't care.
    dqknjq.png
    You are free to break the chains of fate that bind you. Simmer since est. 2002.
  • Options
    Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't get the demo yet but the new advisor just sorted my Sims 2 out! and registered the Sims 2 Ultimate collection for me ;DDD YES!!!! so happy ^-^ oh my god. LIKE THIS FEELS BETTER THAN THE DEMO.
    Same! *high fives* It's going to feel a bit better without the demo when I'm playing TS2 Ultimate coolection :D
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nothing for me yet either :(
  • Options
    NightlightNightlight Posts: 87 New Member
    edited July 2014
    The reason is very simple: marketing.

There are no news about the game, no video .. nothing.
    But with the demo thing they have made ​​a lot of hype.
    They want to see how much we want the demo, it's a good marketing strategy .. and very economic: P

And we're only doing their game.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I just hope we are in the next wave. People who signed up should be given the priority because they have genuine interest in the demo and the game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited July 2014
    Speaking to someone last night who got the demo but isn't fussed about it. Bought the base game in 2010 plus one expansion as a special offer. Played for a few months not really bothered since.

You would think it would be possible, fair and within the skills of Origin to send most out to those who had most expansions or had logged up most play hours (which is noted on Origin anyway).

They don't seem to have thought this through...
  • Options
    1paddywaddy1paddywaddy Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    I haven't got the demo either, and I've been waiting for a long time like the rest of the people who woke up this morning to find nothing in their origin or emails, but strangely, I haven't watched any Sims 4 CAS videos, I just want to leave it as something that I will explore myself and learn as I go, don't get me wrong, I've already planned out some of my Sims, but I think I'm going to see for myself what its like and go from there. :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I just hope we are in the next wave. People who signed up should be given the priority because they have genuine interest in the demo and the game.

I agree with you there, I wish everybody who wants the demo the best of luck.
  • Options
    KoolPHKoolPH Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Apparently the next wave is about 9/10/11 PM UK time :(
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    Same! *high fives* It's going to feel a bit better without the demo when I'm playing TS2 Ultimate coolection :D

tumblr_l947biqMgA1qapfuwo1_500.gif

:mrgreen: definitely!! I can't wait for it to install. I thought they wouldn't be able to help cuz the last advisor said I had to ring up = monies.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I haven't got the demo either, and I've been waiting for a long time like the rest of the people who woke up this morning to find nothing in their origin or emails, but strangely, I haven't watched any Sims 4 CAS videos, I just want to leave it as something that I will explore myself and learn as I go, don't get me wrong, I've already planned out some of my Sims, but I think I'm going to see for myself what its like and go from there. :mrgreen:.

I think you are doing the right way. Dont watch because it is an addiction, I cant help it anymore. I have to watch everyday few videos. I sort them on youtube by upload date to watch the latest. My only remedy for this addiction is the demo itself :(

I think it wont be much fun that I have seen so much and almost memorized every item in CAS!!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited July 2014
    And now we wait all over again. >-<

tumblr_m84ybyl5E61rziwwco1_500.gif

THIS! Is exactly what I´ve been doing the last two days. It sure made me forget about everything that had with the demo to do. :)

Now, is it just me or does it seem like only people living in the US and Austrailia are getting the beta CAS Demo? It seems like us living in europe and the rest of the world can just forget about recieving any demo until it goes live for everyone to get.

ETA. Congrats to the ones who have gotten into the beta! :)

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    edited July 2014

tumblr_l947biqMgA1qapfuwo1_500.gif

:mrgreen: definitely!! I can't wait for it to install. I thought they wouldn't be able to help cuz the last advisor said I had to ring up = monies.

I got the Sims 2 Ultimate edition after chatting with EA representative. I have the game installed using physical disc. It is so much fun. I love it and play it everyday, but wanted to get the digital as a backup and since I'm buying a new PC it will be much easier to have one install instead inserting countless CDs in the PC to install it all
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I agree with you there, I wish everybody who wants the demo the best of luck.

Thank you. I really hope you get it today itself
    I will genuinely be happy if I see people who signed up getting it today even if I am not in the batch
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nothing here yet; I've sat back quietly and put these forums on the back burner for the most part. However, I can't help but say the way they've handled this whole situation is undeniably vacuous and inexplicably inequitable. It's beyond me how apparently people who happen to use Origin [and don't even play Sims games] have gotten it and loyal, unwavering fans have not. Yes, everyone will get it reasonably soon. But, it's just the entire principle of the aforementioned things that is so unnerving. It honestly feels like they just don't care.

I agree. It's very frustrating. I just checked again and of course nothing. :( I think they need to work on their customer care a little.
  • Options
    HollywoodVanityHollywoodVanity Posts: 156 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Speaking to someone last night who got the demo but isn't fussed about it. Bought the base game in 2010 plus one expansion as a special offer. Played for a few months not really bothered since.

You would think it would be possible, fair and within the skills of Origin to send most out to those who had most expansions or had logged up most play hours (which is noted on Origin anyway).

Then what about all of us that didnt buy or play via origin? The only thing i have in My origin is pets demo.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I will genuinely be happy if I see people who signed up getting it today even if I am not in the batch

Second That.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote:

Then what about all of us that didnt buy or play via origin? The only thing i have in My origin is pets demo.

I know what you mean, I have got all the EP's for the sims 3 but had trouble registering them on my origin, my games collection on Origin doesn't exactly scream avid simmer, mostly because 3 or 4 of my sims 3 games had trouble registering, I think they should just take into account the people who signed up for the demo.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Then there's the people like me who have their games registered on Origin but tend to play via the DVD copies so I doubt Origin logs the time spend in game for those people either.

It's a shame they didn't do the sign up sheet in June and pick from there to start with. They could have released it to random Origin people later anyway.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    Then there's the people like me who have their games registered on Origin but tend to play via the DVD copies so I doubt Origin logs the time spend in game for those people either.

It's a shame they didn't do the sign up sheet in June and pick from there to start with. They could have released it to random Origin people later anyway.

I didn't even think of that...
    I always play via the dvd copies
    I hope that isn't why we haven't gotten the invite
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,475 Member
    edited July 2014
    The saving grace for me today if I don't get the demo is the new featured look set in the store which will come with a lot.