Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else get their demo code today?

Comments

• Options
    kirstybloodlust7kirstybloodlust7 Posts: 529 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm in the UK,

UM GUYS! have you all seen on the sims website. you can now sign up for a chance to get the demo.

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/

"YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY SIGNED UP FOR YOUR CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE THE EARLY TRIAL EXPERIENCE OF THE SIMS 4 CREATE A SIM DEMO AND OUR NEWSLETTER!"

There's a green tab underneath VIEW MORE POSTS. and you have to enter the origin email that is linked to your sims account. d.o.b etc.
    Me and my boyfriend both have and we're both UK :(
  • Options
    1paddywaddy1paddywaddy Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    I heard that people are getting the demos late at night, better check my emails again.

Nope, nothing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Timitu9Timitu9 Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nothing yet for me. :( Watching more people on Twitter get it is tough. But I am happy for them. At least it is people who want it now. I have been home sick all day and so checking way too often right now. I hope they have more waves of people now that they had us sign up. More chances then. :)

Good luck everyone. Hope to see more of us get it soon. :)
    CanadaDaySig.png
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited July 2014
    No!!!!!!!!!

I got all excited because I had an email from EA. It was because I opened the live chat to ask about the Sims 2 ultimate edition though. So annoying. And a wait of 60+ minutes. But I figured I might as well get it in case I fancy a change from Sims 3, and then I wouldn't have to install the entire thing from scratch as per the disks like I did in the old days (I assume).
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    Canadian here, no email. im at work so idk if i have it in my origin box.

has anyone gotten or heard of someone getting the demo without the email?? this is a new wave so i assume everyones getting an email this time around :/
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    I signed up early for it then saw threads about it.

Still demoless though. :P
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    JamieWentz21JamieWentz21 Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2014
    No!!!!!!!!!

I got all excited because I had an email from EA. It was because I opened the live chat to ask about the Sims 2 ultimate edition though. So annoying. And a wait of 60+ minutes. But I figured I might as well get it in case I fancy a change from Sims 3, and then I wouldn't have to install the entire thing from scratch as per the disks like I did in the old days (I assume).

did you get anywhere? i called and they said too many people were asking to have it added so they are telling people they will have to wait. Maybe I got a mean person?
  • Options
    kirstybloodlust7kirstybloodlust7 Posts: 529 Member
    edited July 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:

has anyone gotten or heard of someone getting the demo without the email?? this is a new wave so i assume everyones getting an email this time around :/

I have seen a few people post about it without the e-mail reported in it etc.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    No!!!!!!!!!

did you get anywhere? i called and they said too many people were asking to have it added so they are telling people they will have to wait. Maybe I got a mean person?

"Your approximate wait time is between 50=55 minutes."

It's midnight here though so I might close it and try again tomorrow. I can wait, anyway. I've not played Sims 2 in a while and I have plenty of other games. Just seemed like a good idea to add another one to my Origin account for later ;)
  • Options
    ddeeddee Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi, I've been reading this forum from the beginning and I just wanted to let everyone know that I also received the demo, but I didn't get an email. I signed up for it last night around 8 pm eastern time. My brother also signed up for it at the same time last night but he didn't get it, maybe because he only has one sims game on his? Good luck to everyone else!
  • Options
    1paddywaddy1paddywaddy Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    No!!!!!!!!!

So wait, have they stopped giving out demos to the people who signed up to get them and telling everybody to wait for the actual release date of the demo? :?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    just installed the origin client on my works laptop, checked.. nothings there. i guess i have to register my sims 2 to get the ultimate collection.. not that i care, i have all the eps anyways. but i definitely didnt get the demo :(
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:

I have seen a few people post about it without the e-mail reported in it etc.
    yeah.. still dont have it. im gonna out of my house for 24+ hours, hopefully i get tomorrow then. also hopefully i dont miss anything new >.<
  • Options
    JonchuableJonchuable Posts: 321 Member
    edited July 2014
    I signed up for the demo at the The Sims website this morning. In the afternoon, I got an email that I got the demo.
  • Options
    MonotramMonotram Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2014
    Overhere in germany the verification from the signin didn't work. Sorry, still isn't working, and there is practically no information. Just a few little posts in one tread, nothing on Facebook, Twitter.
    At first I wasn't so interested because I knew, there will just a small chance to get in and the Release is near. But now, I'm angry. The number of invitation is getting lower and lower, and nobody know when this will work. In 3 weeks I've a Deadline at work, and no time for that. And so many people are getting the invitation, who are not interested. Sims4 is starting like Sims3 ended: Bugs and red-eyed Anger.
    Nice.

Okay, what I wanted to say: At least you got a tiny Chance, I wish everyone luck :D.
  • Options
    memorybulletsmemorybullets Posts: 62 New Member
    edited July 2014
    This is horrible. It's like being picked last for the team in PE :(

Also, I just clicked on my friends list on Origin and I've got requests from 4 people that I don't know. Thing is, I've never given out any of the details relating to my Origin account :? Is it normal to get requests from random people that you've never interacted with? So confused right now.

• Options
    miarose786miarose786 Posts: 478 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got my demo today. Downloading it right now. I got an email letting me know. So it probably wouldn't hurt to check occasionally. Also.... Thank u sims team for my demo. Loves and hugs. Xoxo :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is horrible. It's like being picked last for the team in PE :(

Also, I just clicked on my friends list on Origin and I've got requests from 4 people that I don't know. Thing is, I've never given out any of the details relating to my Origin account :? Is it normal to get requests from random people that you've never interacted with? So confused right now.

Lol. I don't give a **** about PE. They're all a bunch of ******** anyways. This is more important. This is like watching the kid that doesn't care about anything get everything and you would do anything just to get one of the things that he has. (btw I'm referring to the people that got the demo and could care less. Everyone else that got it and wanted it, I'm happy for you! *continues to cry in corner*)
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Has anyone heard from catloverplayer today? I hope he got it.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    KoolPHKoolPH Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2014
    :( It feels like everyone got the demo except for me :(
  • Options
    Jimbo_JrJimbo_Jr Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I think he might have, not sure though. I know I've had no such luck.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    KoolPH wrote:
    :( It feels like everyone got the demo except for me :(

I didn't get it :(
  • Options
    memorybulletsmemorybullets Posts: 62 New Member
    edited July 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Lol. I don't give a **** about PE. They're all a bunch of ******** anyways. This is more important. This is like watching the kid that doesn't care about anything get everything and you would do anything just to get one of the things that he has. (btw I'm referring to the people that got the demo and could care less. Everyone else that got it and wanted it, I'm happy for you! *continues to cry in corner*)

That's true. I grew up with plenty of people like that. I'm in the same position now as I was back then and it sucks :? Oh, definitely. I'm genuinely happy for the people that actually wanted it :)
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow guys, we're almost to page 200. haha
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:

That's true. I grew up with plenty of people like that. I'm in the same position now as I was back then and it sucks :? Oh, definitely. I'm genuinely happy for the people that actually wanted it :)

The corner is starting to get a puddle. Time to move on to the next one.