Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skinny vs Fat

I didn't see this anywhere else, so I thought I'd show everyone. Here is the skinniest and the biggest you can possibly make your sims.

tumblr_n8tgmuWrh51rzq92mo4_500.png
tumblr_n8tgmuWrh51rzq92mo3_500.png
tumblr_n8tgmuWrh51rzq92mo1_500.png
tumblr_n8tgmuWrh51rzq92mo2_500.png
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• Options
    medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I didn't see this anywhere else, so I thought I'd show everyone. Here is the skinniest and the biggest you can possibly make your sims.

Skinnyf_zps1e720553.png
    Fatf_zps1006a122.png
    Skinny_zpsaf4dfb94.png
    Fat_zpsbacce516.png

before mcdonalds...after mcdonaldes.

ps that is just the very first thing that came to mind.
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited July 2014
    May I say that those skinny sims are terrifying? Like Jack Skellington much?
    Sig.png
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2014
    My jaw just dropped.

Is this what my friends strive for to look like? :/
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited July 2014
    O.O you can see the whole spine in the skinny guy back shot wow
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited July 2014
    EatChees wrote:
    May I say that those skinny sims are terrifying? Like Jack Skellington much?

I was going to make a sim that skinny and upload it to the gallery named Skeletor.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    Those skinny Sims are creepy looking skeletons :shock:
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:
    My jaw just dropped.

Is this what my friends strive for to look like? :/

I swear some girls at my school look like the first one. Its gross.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm trying to imagine those sims sitting on the same dining chair. Wonder how the game deals with that... not to say to big sims on a loveseat without merging...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited July 2014
    What shocks me is that people are so shocked by the skinny sim and not the large one. Neither of those are healthy in the slightest. The only reason people are so shocked by the skinny one is because people are used to seeing large people who can't even shop without an electric wheelchair.

Personally both shock me. That's not to say I won't ever use them. I'll probably use the real skinny one on someone that was cursed or something.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2014
    lol at the lolly pop heads, something in between would be best!
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    What shocks me is that people are so shocked by the skinny sim and not the large one. Neither of those are healthy in the slightest. The only reason people are so shocked by the skinny one is because people are used to seeing large people who can't even shop without an electric wheelchair.

Personally both shock me. That's not to say I won't ever use them. I'll probably use the real skinny one on someone that was cursed or something.

Im just glad they didn't give the fat ones more rolls than a bakery
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm happy with the skinny one, because I'm as skinny as he is. :roll:
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014

I'm a larger lady, i don't drive preferring to cycle or walk everywhere, go to zumba and the gym several times a week. Have a varied diet but do not snack. I'm probably a lot healthier than some of the skinny people who sit on there butt and scoff junk food all day and drive there cars to the local corner shop but were blessed with a good metabolism lol
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited July 2014
    The fat sim looks soooo much better! The skinny sims just look scary, I know EA want to represent all body types and that's good but at first I was surprised that they've included 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims in TS4 :/ Most slender people I know IRL don't look as emaciated as that sim.

*Edited to emphasise I'm talking about sim body weights, not real people. :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited July 2014

Well... being too fat is not healthy but one can get way far fatter than those fat sims and have a normal life (I know it by my own experience, I got very fat some twenty years ago and then I had to put and end to it and go back to a healthy weight) but one cannot be much more skinny than those skinny sims without dying
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    Those skinny sims are not just skinny they are emaciated. :shock: I can't believe EA would allow such shocking manipulation to the sims bodies, they look like they should be in hospital.

I can see these being used as thinspiration, since they can be made to look very similar (looks wise) to those playing the game. :(

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Those skinny sims are not just skinny they are emaciated. :shock: I can't believe EA would allow such shocking manipulation to the sims bodies, they look like they should be in hospital.

I can see these being used as thinspiration, since they can be made to look very similar (looks wise) to those playing the game. :(

This was my concern :? I know you could say the same about the fat sims, but I don't think many people aspire to be fat whereas I've known a lot of people aspiring to be thin like this and getting extremely ill. Including myself a few years back! Now I'm the other end of the spectrum and have some curves :D I look back and wonder why being skinny is such a big deal.

Ah well, I suppose it's just a game :-) On the plus side, being so skinny is good for making alien sims!
  • Options
    SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    edited July 2014

Wow just wow, so every over weight person needs to use an electric wheelchair? People are probably more shocked by the skinny sim or only talking about the skinny sim because over weight people get enough hate as it is. It is much more accepted to be skinny than it is to be overweight. My friend has a medical condition that makes it very hard for her to lose weight, she exercises and eats probably more healthy than some "skinny" people and it is just offensive for people to just assume that it is because of "mcdonalds" or that all overweight people use wheelchairs. Obviously it is not healthy to be too overweight or too skinny but I am so tired of people judging other people. People with eating disorders (whether it be they eat too much or they eat too little) already hate themselves enough and don't need it, you have no idea what goes through their minds.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think people are a little rude in here, someone on first page just confessed to having the same bodytype as the thin guy, how do you guys think he feels reading your guys comments? I used to be almost as thin as the girl when I was a teenager not cause of anorexia, it was a blend of poor eating, genetics and high metabolism. I wanted to be bigger, I really did, and i had to deal with comments like yours ALL THE TIME.

Oh yeah wow what a skeleton.

In biology a guy dragged me up next to the teacher and said "we don't need a skeleton, we can use this girl right here!".

edit: toned it down a bit :P
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have just started leading a Healthy Eating Group at our church, It is not about being fat and it is not about being skinny, It's all about being Healthy. And believe me there is a lot more to it then eating.
  • Options
    LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will likely get some poor lonely person trying to put me down for this comment but that bigger female sim looks beautiful while the skinny ones in my opinion look horrible, and skeletal in comparison. Kudos to EA for not making heavier sims overly-ugly this time around. Seeing those screenshots makes me feel that playing with sims weight in CAS will be worth it this time around, thank you for sharing OP .

ETA: Me saying screenshots of a skinny sim in a video game looks horrible isn't saying people in real life that skinny always do. I am one of those "far too skinny" people in real life and I run cross country as a full on hobby (20km runs +) so am healthy as well, I also have a kid now. People like to find offense everywhere when they don't need to. EA probably should have made the very skinny sims still look alright like they did with the heavy ones.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    Some of the comments here are making me very upset. The reason EA made it possible to make these types of extreme sims, is because there are people out there like that. All of these comments so far have been shaming the skinny sim. Granted, it's just a sim and not a real person, but still. It's like some of you guys are acting like being that overweight is okay, but being that skinny isn't.

Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they have an eating disorder, or that they don't eat. Some people naturally cannot gain weight, just like some people naturally can't lose weight. Sure there are people that are thin because of an eating disorder, but eating disorders aren't only associated with thin people. You can have an eating disorder and be overweight!

Someone here posted "I wonder what that sim would be like at the dinner table", referring to the skinny sim. I find that incredibly offensive. As a child I was very thin. I was made fun of for it by kids at school, even by my own family. It came to a point where people from the street would give my mother dirty looks because they assumed that I wasn't being properly fed. In fact, someone accused her of this! Little did they know, that I ate very well and healthy. Yes I was underweight, but how was I supposed to control that? Of course I grew up, and filled out more, but to this day I am still a thin guy. It's very hard for me to naturally gain weight. My metabolism is so insanely fast, to the point where my weight fluctuates daily. It's super annoying and frustrating, but it's my body, so what can I do? The only thing that makes my weight stay where it's at is by working out and gaining muscle, since muscle weighs more than fat.

Now I don't at all look like the male in the picture. My spine doesn't stick out. The only thing that sticks out is a couple ribs, but that's only if I bend sideways. I'm more muscular than that. BUT, my point is none of the pictures are worse than the other. And this isn't really towards the sims, but to the posters that are commenting how scary the skinny sim looks, yet acting like the fat sim is less scary.

I don't know, just bothers me. I get that there's pressure with people's weight, but I'm starting to feel like skinny shaming is a new trend now. People are saying to the overweight people "love your body, be yourself, etc.", which is great, but they don't do the same for skinny people. I see comments all over social media saying "give that kid a hamburger" or "he/she looks like a toothpick" or "he/she is 🐸🐸🐸🐸", and it just disgusts me. Skinny does not equate to anorexia, and fat does not equate to obese.

This rant isn't really about the sims, it was just about the people. Sorry if I bored you, with this essay of a response. :oops:
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    Laella wrote:
    I will likely get some poor lonely person trying to put me down for this comment but that bigger female sim looks beautiful while the skinny ones in my opinion look horrible, and skeletal in comparison. Kudos to EA for not making heavier sims overly-ugly this time around. Seeing those screenshots makes me feel that playing with sims weight in CAS will be worth it this time around, thank you for sharing OP .

See that was rude. I'm not a poor lonely person, but I'm offended by that statement. Saying that the overweight female is beautiful, while the skinny sim is ugly, skeletal, and horrible is downright insulting.

If the roles were reversed and someone called the overweight sim a horrible, ugly pig, there would be a riot! Everyone would be telling that person that they are mean, and that the woman is "perfect". Yet, no one sticks up for the skinny one. :roll:

If you prefer bigger women/men, that's fine, but there's no need to insult skinny people.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

See that was rude. I'm not a poor lonely person, but I'm offended by that statement. Saying that the overweight female is beautiful, while the skinny sim is ugly, skeletal, and horrible is downright insulting.

If the roles were reversed and someone called the overweight sim a horrible, ugly pig, there would be a riot! Everyone would be telling that person that they are mean, and that the woman is "perfect". Yet, no one sticks up for the skinny one. :roll:

If you prefer bigger women/men, that's fine, but there's no need to insult skinny people.

I think both forms are too far to the extremes, both would probably have serious health problems if they were real.

Although it is just a game, i'm really worried that people will perhaps think that both weights are normal, when in fact neither should be celebrated or promoted in my opinion. :(
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Laella wrote:

First off: I am that very skinny sim in real life so based off your insulting reply I am also insulting myself.

I never said in real life people that skinny or that fat look horrible or beautiful, I was only talking about the sims screenshots shared by the op viewing it as a video game and basing my comment as one made to a video game, not real life.

EA should have made the skinny sims look better this time around as they have with the heavier ones, I am also a little upset they didn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top