Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    snakecharmersnakecharmer Posts: 435 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just wanted to share the link for my W.I.P showcase thread, for this entry. Although i have joined in on stage 3, i wanted to still show the development of the house, and thought it easiest to do in a thread.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/762907.page#12236500

Is it ok to use a showcase thread as my media entry?

Thanks
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just wanted to share the link for my W.I.P showcase thread, for this entry. Although i have joined in on stage 3, i wanted to still show the development of the house, and thought it easiest to do in a thread.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/762907.page#12236500

Is it ok to use a showcase thread as my media entry?

Thanks

It's fine to use a showcase thread as media :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2014
    Zayven, in which category would you like your entry judged? Please let us know what you prefer in the next 48 hours, otherwise we will pick for you. Thanks!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    CHimechAngaCHimechAnga Posts: 290 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow ok guys you move fast or I move slow I can't figure out which LOL. I was really intrigued by the last challenge Nature's Grandchild, but I didn't participate in Nature's Child and so I decided to build Nature's Child and Xantha and Tear. I know I can't enter to be judged since it's too late but can I share my link and media link here so I can at least share my work? I didn't get to make the new additions yet for Nature's Grandchild as I just finished Nature's Child LOL. :P Just wanted to check to see if it would still be ok to share the links when finished.

This next challenge again seems daunting as I haven't participated in any of the previous challenges. I know I can start from scratch but it may be just a bit much. I build so slooooooow. :P But we'll see. Thanks to all who work to come up with these fun challenges.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2014
    Of course, feel free to share your work, CHimechAnga even if you didn't make the deadline! Looking forward to seeing it :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Of course, feel free to share your work, CHimechAnga even if you didn't make the deadline! Looking forward to seeing it :D

Ok will do and thanks! :)

Edit to add:
    I have a Question about the last build Nature's Grandchild:
    What is David's Last name? I wanted to create David and play him with Xantha getting them married and so forth. Does he just take Xantha's last name of Disthenos? Or can I just make up the last name? Does anyone know if when marrying two sims do you have the choice of what last name their family would be so if I start out with David having his own last name and I want him to take Disthenos as his last name will the game allow it?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited July 2014

Edit to add:
    What is David's Last name? I wanted to create David and play him with Xantha getting them married and so forth. Does he just take Xantha's last name of Disthenos? Or can I just make up the last name? Does anyone know if when marrying two sims do you have the choice of what last name their family would be so if I start out with David having his own last name and I want him to take Disthenos as his last name will the game allow it?
    CHimechAnga - David Chambers was a character from a previous challenge (see here). And whose name Sims take when they get marry depends on who ask who to marry them... So if you wanted to keep the Chambers name, you would have to get David to ask Xantha, or for Disthenos, vice versa......
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited July 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #147 Best Laid Plans III

NAME: AnniePKS

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8333847

LINK TO MEDIA: https://picasaweb.google.com/117066325712962483067/July122014?authkey=Gv1sRgCNG5wvSj-JfRPQ
    One pic got in a different album https://picasaweb.google.com/117066325712962483067/BNSJohnsonPart3?authkey=Gv1sRgCO-8r6nwx7CH6AE

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: I made the family and got Kaye pregnant with triplets Just for fun.
    Kaye is a home chef with lots of experience and has written several children's books. She has 3 college degrees, Arts, Communications and Physical Education. Kieran has 3 college degrees, Business, Science& Medical, and Technology. He is working as a scientist now.

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:Sunset Valley 15 Summer Hill Court; Final Cost $374,595

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I had the family bedrooms upstairs and the 2 guest rooms downstairs for more privacy for the family. Also so the parents could be closer to the nursery. I added an office area upstairs so that Kieran can work from home some. The annex for Kaiden has a hideaway bed in the guest room which doubles as his art studio. The back yard is full of fun and games for the twins, and triplets. There is also a old shed which was turned into a game room for all the kids. They have 3 cars, one for Kaye, one for Kieran and one for Kaiden.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:Just store stuff
    Media Should be fixed now Really this time. Sorry I've been gone awhile and got confused.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I know this is super early, but I've been really sick and had nothing else to do.
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow you have worked fast! Hope you feel better soon :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    Jounin138Jounin138 Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2014
    The main house is suppose to have 2 guestrooms with attached baths. If I use the shell the bottom room to the right of the main door isn't attached to the bathroom is that okay?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Edit to add:
    CHimechAnga - David Chambers was a character from a previous challenge (see here). And whose name Sims take when they get marry depends on who ask who to marry them... So if you wanted to keep the Chambers name, you would have to get David to ask Xantha, or for Disthenos, vice versa......

Thanks so much for the info Faith....hope I can call you Faith? You can call me Chi BTW. I am new to Sims3 just started in Dec '13 so I haven't played all that long and I've been building more than playing. I do enjoy these challenges! :)
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited July 2014

I discovered that there are a few differences in the floor plan and the provided shell, so I compared it to the floor plan and made the necessary adjustments. i hope this is alright.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks so much for the info Faith....hope I can call you Faith? You can call me Chi BTW. I am new to Sims3 just started in Dec '13 so I haven't played all that long and I've been building more than playing. I do enjoy these challenges! :)
    that's fine Chi!! I am glad you are enjoying our little community!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    gmcrozier wrote:

I discovered that there are a few differences in the floor plan and the provided shell, so I compared it to the floor plan and made the necessary adjustments. i hope this is alright.
    Can you let me know where the differences are please Glenn??? I'd like to check them, as I built the shell myself....

Edit: Have just gone in game, the only differences I can find, is that there is no door to the sunroom... It should be a double door leading out there... and the door leading to the second bedroom is missing, it should lead directly through the tiny corridor area (not through the archway). If you like I can re-upload the lot with these changes? What does everyone else think??

Those are the only changes I would be willing to accept, if you decide to use the shell....
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Do I need to change my build? I used the shell. Added a door for the sun room, but didn't change the door to the bedroom.
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited July 2014
    gmcrozier wrote:

Can you let me know where the differences are please Glenn??? I'd like to check them, as I built the shell myself....

Edit: Have just gone in game, the only differences I can find, is that there is no door to the sunroom... It should be a double door leading out there... and the door leading to the second bedroom is missing, it should lead directly through the tiny corridor area (not through the archway). If you like I can re-upload the lot with these changes? What does everyone else think??

Those are the only changes I would be willing to accept, if you decide to use the shell....

I didn't mean any disrespect. I just noticed some differences, that's all.

BnSfloorplan_zps1f816326.jpg

Before_zps17ca006d.jpg

After_zps734a97a1.jpg

As you can see the changes are minor and I used the floor plan as a guide. I didn't add or delete any rooms. Also on my actual build I added the stairs going up and the stairs going down, where they are designated on the floor plan.

*sigh* Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    anniepks wrote:
    Do I need to change my build? I used the shell. Added a door for the sun room, but didn't change the door to the bedroom.
    Don't worry about it Annie! I would leave things as they are *hugs*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    gmcrozier wrote:
    gmcrozier wrote:

I didn't mean any disrespect. I just noticed some differences, that's all.

BnSfloorplan_zps1f816326.jpg

Before_zps17ca006d.jpg

After_zps734a97a1.jpg

As you can see the changes are minor and I used the floor plan as a guide. I didn't add or delete any rooms. Also on my actual build I added the stairs going up and the stairs going down, where they are designated on the floor plan.

*sigh* Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut.

Glenn - Keep your build the way it is. I tried to make the floor-plan a little more 'play friendly' that is all, for example, we can't have washers and driers behind doors :P
  • Options
    ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can you alter the placements of doors/windows or add new doorways/windows so long as you leave the walls alone? Or switch out which is the "front" of the house and which is the "back"?

Also - can we do without building it on a foundation? The wheelchair friendly bit from one of the challenges keeps sticking out like a sorethumb to me, and it makes me sad to think that this family so attached to its elder generation would leave them without a way to get into their house since we can't put ramps in since Sims isn't ADA friendly >>; I tried really hard to use the community lot trick for elevators but I still couldn't get it to work between the ground and foundations :( I know it's stated that we don't have to include wheelchair accessibility in the final build, but since it was mentioned already I feel bad taking it out!
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    edited July 2014
    Although we can't change the basic floorplan, can we add a second story as long as we leave the stairs' footprint in the same place??

Phew, building something from plans into the Sims is harder than I thought it would be x.x
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    that's fine Chi!! I am glad you are enjoying our little community!

Yes I am! Thanks to all for making me feel welcome! :)
  • Options
    ReesesPiecesNo1ReesesPiecesNo1 Posts: 1,023 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can I still participate in this challenge? I haven't participated in any of the previous challenges connecting back to this one, but i'm down to give it my best!

Sounds like a fun challenge to me :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited July 2014
    ATTENTION INTERMEDIATE NATURE'S...GRANDCHILD? ENTRANTS!

Your results are now available here.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Can I still participate in this challenge? I haven't participated in any of the previous challenges connecting back to this one, but i'm down to give it my best!

Sounds like a fun challenge to me :mrgreen:

Yes you can. At the end of the brief is what you need to create. I did the entire thing from scratch this time. I hadn't competed in the others either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top