Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just Sims Magazine - Community Rep's Hub - Join the Debate!

justsimslogofixed_zpsab247857.png

This is Just Sims Magazine's community representative's thread. This thread will act as the hub for our community rep that will produce a community feature each issue, featuring simmers, creators, modellers, as well as pictures and creations created by the community. Here, you will find many ways you can get featured, have your say or just join in the fun.

BECOME A MEMBER AT OUR OFFICIAL SITE

Become a member at our official website and receive many benefits such as access to exclusive content, sign up for our mailing list, meet new people, have your say and get hints and tips from the staff.

JOIN IN THE FUN WITH OUR COMPETITIONS

Join in our competitions. Our competitions hosted at our official website and you must be a member to join. They are all open on going competitions so do not have end dates,set assignments or due dates.

We are looking for a cover model in our cover model competition, we are also hosting a build/home design contest and an advert making competition.

HAVE YOUR SAY

There are many ways you can have your say. You can give us feedback on this thread,the official thread or over at the official website.

If you don't feel comfortable giving feedback, we have many polls over at the website that allow you to say what you wish to see more or, themes for future issues and even voting on how community friendly our website is.

FEATURE IN THE MAGAZINE

Do you want to feature in the mag? You can do this many ways:

- Submit a picture

Submit a picture you are proud of by posting a comment on this thread with your name and the picture you wish to submit attached.

- Winners Circle

Have you won a sims 3 modeling competition lately and proud of it? So you should be!

To get yourself in Just Sims Magazine for being a mega talented simmer, you can nominate yourself and appear on our winners circle page. Just fill out the form below and post the form and your winning picture/favourite picture on this thread.

Username or nickname:
Competition you have won:
Picture:

- Community Spotlight Feature

To feature in the community rep's community spotlight feature simply fill out this form below, there is no criteria to feature:

Username/name:
Why should you be featured?:
Contact details:

HELP AND ADVICE

Just Sims offers help and advice to readers in many ways, shapes and forms. Over at our official website we have a Helpful Hints and Tips section as well as a resources section under the guest house part of the forum, you don't even have to be a member to access these sections. We also offer advertising space for those who would like to advertise their Blogs, Competitions, or creations? Just remember that this is a monthly magazine so if you are advertising something with a closing date make sure there is plenty of time for your advert to be advertised.

To apply for advertising space just fill out the form below and send to justsimsmagazine@hotmail.com

Name/username:
Product to be advertised:
Any links needed (e.g blog link):
Any picture needed (e.g pictures of CC):
Any downloads need (e.g. CC DL's)
Any other specifics:
Contact information:

For more information about Just Sims Magazine, to view our staffing positions available, for regular updates and to view our issues visit Our official Thread

Follow us or send us an ask on Tumblr

Like our Facebook

Become a member at our official website
35a41sn.gif

Comments

• Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2014
    THE BIG DEBATE

Suggested Topics:

Topic:

Is pose player 100% necessary or modelling?

NOTE: Anything that is deemed offensive or controversial will not be published.

FORUMS OVERHEARD

Forums overheard is a section of the magazine where you can share funny discussions or quotes that have been had on the forums.

You can put your own quotes forward and other peoples but please get permission before putting someone else's comments forward.[/size]

COMMUNITY TRENDS

We are looking for trends within the community to feature in the magazine. To suggest a trend please fill out the simply form below:

Trend:
    Why should it be featured?:

Suggested Trends:
    Trend: deersims.
    Why should it be featured? i think it's pretty cute and quirky, and it's catching on hella fast.

Trend:

???????????
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hey guys,

Thank you so much for participating in our previous Big Debate and Trends. You can read all about it in the upcoming issue.

We are looking for a new topic for the Big Debate and new trends for our next issue.

So please post your suggestions here.

I will start this of with my suggestion for the Big Debate:

Will you be buying TS4 with the new announcement of No Toddlers & No pools?
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hmm I have a topic~ The huge conflict between the simming community and EA. It's all over Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.

All I know is that when people heard about the no pools and no toddlers, everyone went berserk. They started to assume so many things and created rumours and a lot of people are saying they won't buy it anymore. etc. etc. T_T

I think this is an interesting topic. There seems to be a lot of arguments and petitions scattered across the simming communities to protest against the no pools and no toddlers.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Angel.

Yes I saw that, it's quite intense.
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Angel.

Yes I saw that, it's quite intense.

No problemoo~ I know right? V_V People are assuming too soon when the game isn't released. Imagine the amount of negativity the creators are dealing with now, now quarter percent of the entire simming community is outraged. I don't even want to be involved in the petitions or the support to keep toddlers or anything of the sort because whatever EA does, it's a done deal and then we'll all end up getting the game anyway. It just doesn't make sense to me :thumbdown: :?
  • Options
    jewittalexjewittalex Posts: 2,789 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Oooh. I didn't no that until now!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ooh I have another one..

Do you have a 32bit or 64bit operating system (Windows) and how do you feel about the fact that TS4 is only 32bit executable?
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bump!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Remember to give suggestions for our Big Debate and community trends! :)
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    peterpunch2000peterpunch2000 Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited July 2014
    There could be debate to ask whether pose player is 100% required for modeling? :mrgreen:
    16449922485_0e98556039_o.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Pep. I will add that with the others. :)
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys,

Please give suggestions on what you see as a new community trend.

Trend:

35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys,

Trend:

deersims.
    i think it's pretty cute and quirky, and it's catching on hella fast.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I have added the poll to decide issue three's big debate. Please take some time to vote :)

http://justsimsmagazine.proboards.com/thread/110/big-debate?page=1&scrollTo=1245
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    spackichan wrote:
    Hey guys,

Trend:

deersims.
    i think it's pretty cute and quirky, and it's catching on hella fast.

Great idea :)

(Just had to take a few minutes to stare at Ragnar again hahaha.)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys,

Please vote for the next topic for our Big Debate.

http://justsimsmagazine.proboards.com/thread/110/big-debate?page=1&scrollTo=1245
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So Issue 2 is almost out and slave driver Eli already has us working on assignments for Issue 3! lol. Just kidding.

But we are already working very hard on the new issue and we have a new topic for the BIG DEBATE. So please join in!

Topic:

What do you think?

We are also looking for a new community trend.

If you have any suggestions please fill this out:

Trend:

We also want to know from you:

How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?

In the spirt of our issue three theme, Fanfiction, I want to know how you would survive a The Walking Dead style zombie apocalypse? What weapons would you use? which walikng dead character would you want to be left to survive with? What sort of shelter would you look for?
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I don't think it's 100% necessary, but it does make taking photos easier.

I was not around in the days before pose player (thank goodness) but I can just imagine how difficult it must have been to have to combine poses. Especially if your a total newbie to editing and modelling. Pose player makes it easy for all levels to compete in modelling as it allows you to put your creativity down the way you see it.

Sure the game has some interesting poses and animations, but they won't always work for every type of shoot. Especially your high fashion and editorial competitions. I cannot imagine doing one of those without pose player.

I have never tried pose combining but I suspect it takes a very long time and an insane amount of patience (which I lack) to do get the pose to look absolutely right. Where as with pose player most of the poses are already made, you just need to choose which one fits your photo better.

So no, it's not 100% necessary, but it sure makes for some spectacular photos! :)
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hehehe I know, I know, I'm a total pusher hahaha.
  • Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would like to fit this in, somewhere :)
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Topic:

What do you think?

Pose player is 99.9 necessary :wink: It not only gives the player the free will to explore different poses but it gives them the creativity to do so. Sometimes when poses that many pose creator offer isn't what they're looking for; a lot of people end up making their own poses which increases their sense of creativity and well it's fun when you know your modeling is completely your own x3! It's necessary for a lot of modelers because it's the stepping stone for them to become a good editor or good modeler in the simming community, with the pose player I really have no idea where I'd start XD

We also want to know from you:

How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?

In the spirt of our issue three theme, Fanfiction, I want to know how you would survive a The Walking Dead style zombie apocalypse? What weapons would you use? which walikng dead character would you want to be left to survive with? What sort of shelter would you look for?

I'd grab my wifi router and my laptop and I'd run. That's it.

[Hehe lol sorry I don't know much about TWD :P]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Angel! :)
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bump
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    Personally, I think it depends on the competition. For a fashion-based competition? It'd be extremely hard to not use pose player, and you'd need quite a few editing skills to make up for its absence (pose combining in particular) if you wanted to do well. After all, I can't really think of many poses in game that could serve as actual, high-fashion, modelling poses.
    On the other hand, if you were going for a story competition, where you were just depicting a scene out of real life or something of the sort? Then I'm 100% confident that you wouldn't need it per se; it'd just make your life easier. There are a plethora of in-game animations from the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, and even more interactions to choose from. As long as you knew the stuff, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have *too* much trouble.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Bebs! :)
    35a41sn.gif