Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A simple request

This is a request to any person who was given the demo (I'm happy for your sake btw!). I've been curious for quite a while if it's possible to create a sim who is gender-fluid. A female sim who looks masculine or a male sim who looks feminine, simply put.

So my simple request is for someone to try make a female sim that looks like a man and a male sim who looks like a woman. While I'm not gender-fluid/transsexual/trans-gender myself I would very much like to see if it's possible to create such sims.

Thank you in advance and I hope you have a lot of fun playing around with the demo.
Alcande, an original story in a fantasy setting. Read for free.

Comments

• Options
    georgeopolisgeorgeopolis Posts: 475 Member
    edited July 2014
    30wbexs.png
    2qui6ad.png
    27wrt6e.png
    23ti8m8.png

Is that what you wanted for?

P.S. They're not mine.
  • Options
    IkajoIkajo Posts: 335 Member
    edited July 2014
    No... not at all actually. Never heard of gender-fluid? Transgender or transsexual?

I don't mean extreme looking sims. I mean sims whose gender is, well, fluid. Not easily distinguished.
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2014
    She asked for androgynous sim, not a freaky one. You can't tell for sure whether they're male or female.. -_-

They don't look like Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson. Think more like Bill Kaulitz or Ellen Degenerous, I guess. :/

Okay, so Bill looks a lot like a female.. not like a combo between them.. but I can't think of any good examples. ><
  • Options
    Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd love to know too! Someone with the demo, could you tell us?
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    You mean like this?

tumblr_n8i30fjdKr1rzfxypo1_1280.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    You mean like this?

Wow! That's just gorgeous. That's really neat. I love it! Do you know if you can make the rest of the body androgynous to?
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited July 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    You mean like this?

I think this is actually my favourite sim so far of all I've seen in the forum. Love the short hair / hat combination. Now I'm just sad there's not CASt cos I'd totally re-colour it to be navy blue corduroy or maybe brown tweed with a teal thread:)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Claire17 wrote:
    adventfear wrote:
    You mean like this?

I think this is actually my favourite sim so far of all I've seen in the forum. Love the short hair / hat combination. Now I'm just sad there's not CASt cos I'd totally re-colour it to be navy blue corduroy or maybe brown tweed with a teal thread:)

It's truly a gorgeous sim. Impossible to say for sure if it's a male or female.
    I don't know about the colour though. Blue is a gendered colour unfortunately so a brown hat is more nondescript in my opinion.

Looking forward to use CAS myself, since I pre-ordered the game I will have it my hand on Simtember 4th :D Can't wait to play the game!

(Maybe there are a blue pre-set for the hat? Your only limit is your imagination after all)
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    You mean like this?

Wow, that's really good! Love it :mrgreen:
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    :arrow: Bump
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ikajo wrote:
    Claire17 wrote:
    adventfear wrote:
    You mean like this?

It's truly a gorgeous sim. Impossible to say for sure if it's a male or female.
    I don't know about the colour though. Blue is a gendered colour unfortunately so a brown hat is more nondescript in my opinion.

Looking forward to use CAS myself, since I pre-ordered the game I will have it my hand on Simtember 4th :D Can't wait to play the game!

(Maybe there are a blue pre-set for the hat? Your only limit is your imagination after all)

Sorry - I didn't mean recolour the cap in that sim, just I'd like to use it and recolour it in general:) and now we know that emotions has nothing to do with the lack of colour wheel, I'm slightly more optimistic that it might be added!
  • Options
    simspartyguysimspartyguy Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Bump this!
    I would totally make some if I had the demo.

Good thread! thanks for making it!
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited July 2014
    2qui6ad.png

681580.gif

Sorry. I just had too. :P
  • Options
    amberandfreddieamberandfreddie Posts: 301 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ikajo wrote:
    This is a request to any person who was given the demo (I'm happy for your sake btw!). I've been curious for quite a while if it's possible to create a sim who is gender-fluid. A female sim who looks masculine or a male sim who looks feminine, simply put.

So my simple request is for someone to try make a female sim that looks like a man and a male sim who looks like a woman. While I'm not gender-fluid/transsexual/trans-gender myself I would very much like to see if it's possible to create such sims.

Thank you in advance and I hope you have a lot of fun playing around with the demo.

I like the idea of this, i've not tried anything like this yet so i'll give it a go :)
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited July 2014
    FTM_zpsd806f154.png

The demo gave me Babs as the "starter" Sim, so I made a FTM Sim! He was really quick, though, and I know he still looks a bit feminine, but I'll try again at some point. This is a great thread! I hope more Simmers will make similar Sims! I'll try to make a MTF Sim next :)
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    simspartyguysimspartyguy Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2014
    bumpppp
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited July 2014
    MTF_zps6ff1db05.png

Ooookay and here's my quick MTF Sim. I found it a lot harder to make her look feminine OTL But I tried my best. I think someone else could do way better though! I have to admit, the clothes, makeup, and hair in the demo didn't make it any easier~
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ikajo wrote:

I like the idea of this, i've not tried anything like this yet so i'll give it a go :)

Ok so I've had a go see if you can work out which is which

Xbi7X7b.pngdr9qX5G.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm sure glad I bumped this thread. They look awesome! I tried to make gender fluid sims in ts3 but it just didn't get there.

Sim in pink shirt mtf and sim in grey and black ftm. Am I right?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ikajo wrote:
    I'm sure glad I bumped this thread. They look awesome! I tried to make gender fluid sims in ts3 but it just didn't get there.

You are right :) I was quite surprised though at how busty I could get him to look, I think with a better range of makeup and hair, they could look really good, wouldn't it be fab if we could have a drag queen comic or singer :shock:
  • Options
    qcfruscianteqcfrusciante Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2014
    I made this sim(ftm)
    0z13XTl.jpg
    30od0gu.jpg
    It's harder to do mtf right now 'cause there's no lipstick or blush for male sims, we also need more clothes and hairstyles to do it properly. Hopefully with full CAS we'll be able to do better sims. =]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ikajo wrote:

You are right :) I was quite surprised though at how busty I could get him to look, I think with a better range of makeup and hair, they could look really good, wouldn't it be fab if we could have a drag queen comic or singer :shock:

:D That would be fabulous! I for one hope that they one day make hair and clothes (along with make up and accessories) gender neutral so the players really can choose how their sim should look like. Wain hope but it would be cool!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ikajo wrote:
    Ikajo wrote:

:D That would be fabulous! I for one hope that they one day make hair and clothes (along with make up and accessories) gender neutral so the players really can choose how their sim should look like. Wain hope but it would be cool!

If EA doesn't do it, there might be some creative CC makers out there who would take on the challenge. I'm not that crazy about the makeup choices in the demo anyway; they all seem so heavy and I definitely miss the Opacity slider from Sims 3.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited July 2014
    LemDoodle wrote:
    FTM_zpsd806f154.png

The demo gave me Babs as the "starter" Sim, so I made a FTM Sim! He was really quick, though, and I know he still looks a bit feminine, but I'll try again at some point. This is a great thread! I hope more Simmers will make similar Sims! I'll try to make a MTF Sim next :)

Very nicely done :) i would say the chest could be smaller but hey,it defo leaves alot open for this kind of thing and its awesome :D alot more then we had in the past :lol:
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ikajo wrote:
    Ikajo wrote:

If EA doesn't do it, there might be some creative CC makers out there who would take on the challenge. I'm not that crazy about the makeup choices in the demo anyway; they all seem so heavy and I definitely miss the Opacity slider from Sims 3.
    I think EA should offer the choice really, i'm not sure but it doesn't seem to me that it would be to difficult to have an option to unlock clothes and hair, for certain sim's that we can select, definitely will need to be able to lock it though :lol: ..can you imagine cross gender sim's running around everywhere, it would be like a drag queen convention "LOL" he he