Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 just gave me a genuine fright of my life - gonna sleep with the light on tonight

I was just about to have Billy's mom read him a little bedtime story when, all of a sudden, he did this:

bjeie0.jpg

He seriously made me jump - it was like the movie The Thing.

He's never done it before - only just when I thought I would give him a bedtime story and then, all of a sudden, he shot up out of his cot like a rat up a turnip.

The two parent Sims did not bat an eyelid; however, tonight I'm sleeping with the light on and a kitchen knife under my pillow.

No more bedtime stories for Billy.

ps. I don't use custom content - he's wearing standard clothes - standard hair, etc.

pps. This should mean we can have toddlers in TS4, considering they made teens and adults the same height - just make 6' toddlers too - job done.

Comments

• Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited July 2014
    Toddlers used to do that when they watched TV too, growth spurts are getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited July 2014
    plopppo wrote:
    I was just about to have Billy's mom read him a little bedtime story when, all of a sudden, he did this:

bjeie0.jpg

He's never done it before - only just when I thought I would give him a bedtime story and then, all of a sudden, he shot up out of his cot like a rat up a turnip.

The two parent Sims did not bat an eyelid; however, tonight I'm sleeping with the light on and a kitchen knife under my pillow.

ps. I don't use custom content - he's wearing standard clothes - standard hair, etc.

pps. This should mean we can have toddlers in TS4, considering they made teens and adults the same height - just make 6' toddlers too - job done.

Was he a child that was brought down to a toddler? That's usually when that happens. :lol:
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope, standard baby - aged on his birthday, via cake, to being a toddler.

He's a few days into being a toddler.

Not previously displayed any 360 degree head turning, foul language, climbing walls, levitating, vomiting pea soup, etc.

I'm going to keep an eye on him though - I have petrol and a match at the ready.

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited July 2014
    That is creepy!! Why does it always have to be the toddlers? Is chucky ingrained in this game???

You should have seen the glitch my daughters game just had. It was super creepy, too. She has no cc and only 2 sets and 1 hairstyle from the store. It was a YA (no cheats used anywhere on him) and his head was floating like normal and nothing but air below, at his waist was this sharp, jutting... things.... going in all directions, then his legs was normal. Ugh! Creepy.

I've never had a glitch like that in my game. They always creep me out. I had one glitch with a newborn that was a little creepy. It's head started morphing out of it's body, making the neck long and in the wrong direction. I did get pictures of that one.

ETA:
    plopppo wrote:

Not previously displayed any 360 degree head turning, foul language, climbing walls, levitating, vomiting pea soup, etc.

I'm going to keep an eye on him though - I have petrol and a match at the ready.

This cracked me up!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited July 2014
    plopppo wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

Thank you, really needed that laugh today! :mrgreen:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited July 2014
    You think that's bad!?

d2sYknS.jpg
    Twinbrook's papergirl aged up into this nightmare fuel

G1JfYkZ.jpg

wxoplAA.jpg

kuzxFYJ.jpg

Then I made her pose for ice sculptures. I changed the material for a better view.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    KurokuLeeKurokuLee Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2014
    Screenshot-12_zps727fea80.jpg

Toddler glitches are more scary than any other glitch that the game can produce... >.>
  • Options
    KurokuLeeKurokuLee Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2014
    EDIT: Sorry for the double post, must be those forum-gremlins. :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Makes me wonder what the REAL reason is that toddlers were removed from TS4 - yeh, REMOVED. I mean, what did they create that scared them so much that they had to make up a story that they didn't have time to add them in the first place.

Maybe, TS4 ones turned into spiders and all sorts - scuttling all over the place - tapping at the inside of monitor screens with their little spider legs - scratching to get out.

Sleep tight tonight kiddos.
  • Options
    Nevermore15Nevermore15 Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey look! He's a sims 4 baby!!! :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hey look! He's a sims 4 baby!!!

tumblr_inline_mwlq6eUCTw1qlu4i1.gif

Kill it with fire!
  • Options
    AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    edited July 2014
    :lol: Ahh, I love this game.
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited July 2014
    plopppo wrote:
    Makes me wonder what the REAL reason is that toddlers were removed from TS4 - yeh, REMOVED. I mean, what did they create that scared them so much that they had to make up a story that they didn't have time to add them in the first place.

Maybe, TS4 ones turned into spiders and all sorts - scuttling all over the place - tapping at the inside of monitor screens with their little spider legs - scratching to get out.

Sleep tight tonight kiddos.

:shock:

You are evil...

:shock:

*circles bed with salt, pulls covers over head and waits for dawn*
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    IstongoIstongo Posts: 626 Member
    edited July 2014
    That's pretty funny... I am sorry to hear you got scared. It's a little spooky

@Devalaous, those are pretty cool sculptures! well done you made those!
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yikes! Never had a glitch like that, but wow.....creepy! Kind of surreal that they don't react, too.

Now I am in the mood for a good horror movie!
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited July 2014
    LOL plopppo - "like a rat up a turnip" and "sleep tight tonight kiddos", I think I've wet myself - thank you 'cus that is some of the funniest stuff I've heard all day.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your p.p.s. made me laugh. I like your reasoning.

As for the stretch-effect, seems like you've got a glitch in your game. This used to happen all too frequently before they patched the game. Are you patched to the latest and greatest version? If not, you may wish to do so.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AstralastroAstralastro Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Oh man, that is seriously terrifying.

Another thing that can cause some really disturbing effects is when you age a Sim up using CAS instead of in-game aging. It's especially worse when it's about two stages up from a toddler or child.

Example:
    xn8zde.jpg

I tried to age her up from a child to a young adult. I was able to fix it by putting her into a pose, but... she was walking around like that for a while. Yeesh. =S
  • Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited July 2014
    plopppo wrote:

bjeie0.jpg

yeah I get a glitch every time I try to read a bedtime story to a toddler in a crib, even when I tried a vanilla game. I think it came with one of the patches.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited July 2014
    Video card issues causes the stretch too, thanks for sharing the funny pics! Been a while since I have seen any.