Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you stand?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    edited July 2014
    That is something I don't think we should have to pay for in an EP. No, I don't feel entitled and just want everything free. I'm not that way. I just believe that toddlers are being excluded because they've run out of the time needed to properly code them in. I do hope I'm correct in this …
    I don't think anyone is pleased with their decision and a lot of us agree, you shouldn't have to pay for an EP to add a life stage.
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited July 2014
    CK213 wrote:
    Nooooo....
    not in the General Forum too.

Let's keep it a regional war instead of a world war. :lol:

:thumbup:

It's like World War Z--containment is key!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have had the occasional look at what's happening on the TS4 Board, but usually just leave quickly without contributing.

I won't be moving on to TS4 as there is absolutely nothing that I have seen or heard that interests me in the least. I will probably watch LPs once it is out just out of curiosity.

I love my current game. I don't have much in the way of EPs but the mods and CC I use have given me a game that I enjoy and will continue to enjoy for some time to come.
  • Options
    Angel_mixAngel_mix Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm sticking with TS3 for now. The gameplay is great because of all the eps. I've also bought some of the premium content from the store, which I think is really nice. I'm especially looking forward to the day where I can buy the Savvy Seller's Collection without Midnight Hollows, so my sims can open up a store :) I miss 'Open For Business'! :)

I also have a few eps, that I haven't completely explored, so I feel I still have a lot to do in TS3.

I know I'm going to buy TS4 on it's release-date. I will try it out and then probably wait a year or two, before I buy the eps. Only then I think it won't feel like I'm starting all over again.

If it's true that there's no toddler life state, I'm going to dislike TS4 very much. It would be like going back to TS1 where the baby went straight to being a child. I love the toddler state!

But I'm still excited to see what they did with TS4 :)
  • Options
    Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm sticking with the Sims 3. I've only been playing Sims 3 since the middle of April. I got the starter pack. I recently bought the Generations and World Adventures bundle. I'll be playing Sims 3 for as long as I can and won't be buying Sims 4. I went on the Sims 4 forum to see what all the hype about no toddlers and pools was about. I wonder how EA's decision to take those out will affect their sales.
    There are definetly some that will still buy it anyways just to see for themeselves what it's like and then those that won't buy it at all because of the things supposedly taken out of the base game.
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was going to buy it on release day but now I think I'm just gonna wait and see. I don't know enough about The Sims 4 to feel comfortable purchasing it right now. Plus it's a little too expensive for me at the moment. I usually never buy a game on release day unless it's something I really really want. Most of the time I wait until games drop down to $20 before I buy.

EDIT: Oh and to answer your question, I'm sticking with The Sims 3 :lol: I sunk too much money into it to just stop playing it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    CK213 wrote:
    Nooooo....
    not in the General Forum too.

Let's keep it a regional war instead of a world war. :lol:

Can I just say I love you, CK213? (In a very platonic, friend-like way of course...needn't worry my husband that much, he has enough trouble dealing with my baseball crushes. 8) )

I'll stick with Sims3 for the duration -- way too much I've yet to experience with the game, as well as way too much invested. Will I never install Sims 4? Too soon to say; if they come out with the rumored Mac native version then I might install base game to see how well it works. If I like it, and find that I can survive without CASt and if I can have "normal" Sims living "normal" lives and not the "weirder stories", then it might be worth it to not have to keep booting between OS X and Win7. Maybe I'll even save my pennies and get a good gaming laptop where I can put Sims 3, especially now that I don't have to worry about new EPs or patches cluttering things up. So I can't say I'll never buy Sims 4 -- but I'll need some heavy convincing.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited July 2014
    I still wonder what is really new with TS4? I mean yes, I know what's new but
    there doesn't seem to be anything amazing in my opinion. I know with TS2 it was the
    new amazing graphics, along with getting a lot closer to your sims in many different
    ways. It was a HUGE step from the first game! One of the amazing things with TS3 was
    (and still is) the new open world concept along with the amazing CASt and of course even
    better graphics. But, what is it with TS4? o.O Just my opinion, feel free to agree or disagree.

I just think that's one of the main reasons why it doesn't interest me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Zango11 wrote:
    When TS3 first came out I was very sceptical about it and stuck with TS2 until I think Christmas 2010 when I was gifted TS3. I then went back and forward between the 2 as I wasn't totalling sure about it but I found like everything it takes time to get used to the game before you can judge whether you truely like it or not. So for the first time I think I'm going to buy TS4 when it comes out :mrgreen:

Although I currently have no EP's with TS3 as I bought them all in TS2 and felt it would be like rebuying the same thing so I might buy a few EP's when they are cheaper or might just starting buying TS4 if I like it that is :lol:

You might want to pick up Supernatural at least -- that's something we really didn't get much of in TS2. (I never got to play Apartment Life with the witches because EA wouldn't let Aspyr port that or Freetime to the Mac. :x ) I probably find it the most unique of all the EPs, and I've been with the Sims franchise since 2001 on my clamshell iBook. :roll: Even some of the ones that are repeats have new features, like horses in Pets or Sims being able to go back to University for additional degrees or the festivals in Seasons. And just remember that the packs that us long-time Simmers see as retreads are completely new to someone who's first Sims game is the Sims 3 or Sims 4.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Manssom wrote:
    I still wonder what is really new with TS4? I mean yes, I know what's new but
    there doesn't seem to be anything amazing in my opinion. I know with TS2 it was the
    new amazing graphics, along with getting a lot closer to your sims in many different
    ways. It was a HUGE step from the first game! One of the amazing things with TS3 was
    (and still is) the new open world concept along with the amazing CASt and of course even
    better graphics. But, what is it with TS4? o.O Just my opinion, feel free to agree or disagree.

I just think that's one of the main reasons why it doesn't interest me.

Well, one of the things that keeps me from never saying never on Sims 4 are the reports that there's less emphasis on fulfilling basic needs, like hunger or bladder -- you still have to do it but it won't be the center of the Sim's universe as it seems to be now. And I am intrigued by the new "emotion" states and how they'll translate to game play...and if they'll interfere with story telling; many of the best stories I've seen have come from creators inferring certain emotional states on their Sims, and if Sims have actual emotions that could get in the way.

It could wind up to be like The Sims Medieval, where people installed it (and Pirates/Nobles), played it for a bit, then realized that as high as they had hoped, it just wasn't really The Sims.
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I guess those new emotion states are the next "big" thing but it
    doesn't feel very big to me :| I want something HUGE! :D
  • Options
    DicieDicie Posts: 262 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm hearing too much negative comments about T4--I think Imay just stick with T3. I'd really hate to spend that money and then not be happy with the game--no refund. :(
  • Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    edited July 2014
    ***** wrote:
    The only way to know if I am going to like it is to buy it. I don't care about reviews...
    I agree, I'll buy it and try it but until they release EP's it's going to be a bit dull. I will stick with my current Sims 3 game for a long time yet.

• Options
    suzitjadesuzitjade Posts: 112 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I look at it like this, the first Sims base game was limited in what it had but that was fine because there was no knowing different. And then the excitement of when you could buy more things for it. I adored it!

When Sims 2 was announced I was reluctant about leaving my much loved sims behind, but I was excited to see what the new game. And then I got it and it was so limiting after having so much content to work with in the first Sims. And waiting to get new content, I bought the first xp, it was still a bit limited for me so I abandoned Sims 2 and went back to the original. Which I kind of regret now, I'd like to have seen the Open For Business.

Sims 3, I didn't even consider buying it until it had a couple of xp's available, based on my previous experience withe Sims 2 I didn't want to rush in and spend my money on something I'd ditch. For Sims 3 I wanted more content before I bought it and I also wanted to wait for sales or they started bundling packs together, I wanted the games but needed to be frugal about my purchasing of them.

As for Sims 4, I'll wait, I'll need more content and good prices. I'm just not prepared to pay the pre-order price, Sims games are a luxury item in my budget but I still need those luxuries to be reasonably priced to fit it. :)
    My Sims 3 To Do list just keeps getting longer as I keep having ideas of something else I want to try, I've still got plenty of simming to do even without the new game.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited July 2014
    If they had added weather in the base game, I would have been the 1st in line. TS2 had delayed weather because they weren't sure how to do it. TS3 knew how but made us wait 3 years. Not having it in the base game in 4 is just a slap in the face.