Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graham explains the cuts

Comments

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    I remember when gaming companies had integrity. When you played the old games like Final Fantasy VII, you just had fun. There was none of this crap. They put in the time and the effort to make a great game and it showed. But now it is more about business and making money and a lot of people have been conditioned to accept lesser quality games. But not anymore...

Edit: I took out the we since some people see that as a fighting word.

Yep, I remember those days and sadly EA was not bad like it is now. They actually put out some good games back in the day. :D

Yes, but now meh...
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited July 2014
    Those were the good old days. Good night.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited July 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    Well if they didn't make an online game to start with there wouldn't have been a problem. They made toddlers and pools for previous games because they weren't wasting their time on making an online game- probably without anything except young adults.

I have a feeling that they wouldn't make a game that would include only young adult sims at this point, even if it was going to be online. If I was in charge of EA and I wanted to create a Massive multiple online sims game, I would set it up so you could still control an entire household like in the previous games. I don't think most people would like being able to control only one sim, so that probably doesn't really explain it. I have a feeling that EA had to spend an unusually large amount of time on the artificial intelligence behind the new sims. There's behavior is going to be much more elaborate and life like than in any of the previous games.

The AI That Powers The Sims 4 Is Almost Too Smart
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/video-games/inside-the-mind-of-the-sims-4-16906802
  • Options
    DuncarinDuncarin Posts: 362 Member
    edited July 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    I have a feeling that they wouldn't make a game that would include only young adult sims at this point, even if it was going to be online. If I was in charge of EA and I wanted to create a Massive multiple online sims game, I would set it up so you could still control an entire household like in the previous games.
    It was mentioned in a thread on MTS but the reasoning behind this would be EA would not want the possibility of improper relationships between age groups.
    Damienf519 wrote:
    I keep seeing this getting posted. Read it, then read the latest guru tweets about story progression because with all those smarts you have to wonder why they sit at home and wait to die.

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Duncarin wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    I have a feeling that they wouldn't make a game that would include only young adult sims at this point, even if it was going to be online. If I was in charge of EA and I wanted to create a Massive multiple online sims game, I would set it up so you could still control an entire household like in the previous games.
    It was mentioned in a thread on MTS but the reasoning behind this would be EA would not want the possibility of improper relationships between age groups.
    Damienf519 wrote:
    I keep seeing this getting posted. Read it, then read the latest guru tweets about story progression because with all those smarts you have to wonder why they sit at home and wait to die.

I keep seeing this getting posted. Read it, then read the latest guru tweets about story progression because with all those smarts you have to wonder why they sit at home and wait to die. You know this made me laugh, because I was wondering the same.. but then "things change."
    Apparently Ea's business practices have not "changed" for the better.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited July 2014
    little late to the topic it seems (wow 18pages lol)
    Anyway it's nice of them to admid they didn't get time, I understand i mean the dev/guru team is just doing their work and they need to make their deadline...

however

EA is prob. rubbing their hands about this, because for all the cuts this basegame is getting you'll only get an X amount of expension packs, and as soon as the basegame comes out in september the guru's will have to start working on expension packs for every 6months, not sure how many they are making this time but since Sims 3 already recycled alot of stuff from sims 2, and only now at the ending is getting alot of store stuff that actually makes Sims 3 stand on it's own as a game in the franchise, i'm mainly concerned about just how much money/time it will take this time for sims 4 to catch up...
    You are still the buyer of these games, and i think it's time you sit down and really question if it will be worth it (sims 3 if you own everything costs you what 2000 bucks?)...

If fans really wonna give EA a hint about this franchise, best that could happen is not many people play this franchise during the sims 4 era, but this prob. wont happen there are alot of people who don't read sites for this kind of news that end up buying, and you can't push loyal fans to cancel the pre-orders, so yeah... .
    This game is done for before it comes out in my eyes
    Hopefully we'll see a sims 5 one day... though my hopes for it being better will die out fast if sims 4 does well (since EA will know once again they can get away with anything).
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's ok guys. If you make the cake batter and never throw it in the oven, apparently people will still call that a cake. Thats the way some of these buyers see this half finished game. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sc3niX wrote:
    It's ok guys. If you make the cake batter and never throw it in the oven, apparently people will still call that a cake. Thats the way some of these buyers see this half finished game. :mrgreen:

They should have learned from simcity where a lot of us took one mouthful of the £60 cake, realised it tasted awful, threw the rest away and have never been back:)
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited July 2014
    Claire17 wrote:

Sorry, but it sounds like they haven't got the sizes of their teams right. If the FX guys are asking for more to do and the guys who put in toddlers and pools don't have the time, then you need more pool guys and fewer FX guys (this type of thing happens all the time where I work). And whilst I'm sure they toddler / pool guys cost more, do they cost more than the sales lost through a rushed game? At this point, with the extreme fan backlash I'm fairly sure they would have been worth the cost.

This!
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    This could be a great game also if EA allowed it to be. But that would mean taking it back and giving the dev's time to fix it. I could careless how long they keep it. I just want a solid product when it comes out. I truly believe that the dev's want to give us a game they can be proud of. What happened to being consumer or gamer friendly EA? Was that just politicking?

And this!

To me, it sounds like not just little time, but a lack of the right people in the right places. Like I've said before, it doesn't really matter to me how long it would have to be delayed, as long as they give us a completed, not rushed, base game.

All the things they originally wanted to put in the base game and things that should be in the base game; take time, bring more people in, and add those things. Then check, double check, and triple check the game to make sure everything is running smoothly, then release the game. I think most people would be happier in the long run... or at the very least around 15,000 people, lol!
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited July 2014
    How many failures requires before EA even start to realize that quality over quantity is the only true winning concept? :shock: They dig their own grave.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    How many failures requires before EA even start to realize that quality over quantity is the only true winning concept? :shock: They dig their own grave.

The real joke is here
    http://kotaku.com/ea-has-a-good-plan-to-make-their-games-better-1592593243
    don't forget to read that date stamp ;P this was the latest one i could find, they also promised these things right after the simcity release and i'm sure many other releases...

so yeah... don't count on it ;P
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited July 2014
    Instead of finding busy work for the FX guys to do, why don't you hire less FX guys and more people who can do the work that actually matters? This is such a lame excuse. I don't blame the gurus because I know their hands are tied to a certain extent but I definitely blame management.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    EA charging money for a demo:

IZ9ap6q.jpg

Wish i could say im surprised but im not. EA i can buy many games on steam for that price.
  • Options
    NeighboursGalNeighboursGal Posts: 163 Member
    edited July 2014
    Instead of finding busy work for the FX guys to do, why don't you hire less FX guys and more people who can do the work that actually matters? This is such a lame excuse. I don't blame the gurus because I know their hands are tied to a certain extent but I definitely blame management.

Preach. (I also love your DP's shirt! Whovians FTW!)

I have a feeling that it's a case of poor management of staff. Heck, why not just delay the release like they did with Sims 3. Sure, when Sims 3 came out we were all like, its buggy etc. But if these guys are having time restraints and can't put stuff in the game, what does that mean. Is it better to have bugs or to have less content? I'm unsure. I'd rather pay for fixable bugs that will be updated with a (hopefully) free patch than a slap dash game with missing core items that have been in the past three installments (I'm looking at you pools....) that will probably be sold to us in a form of Store Content or EPs or SPs.
  • Options
    JulyRaines7JulyRaines7 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pools, toddlers… they’re extremely complex features that require months of man hours of work across multiple disciplines and introduce significant risk.

This I don't get at all. Not too complicated for Sims 1, 2 and 3 but for Sims 4 it is? That just makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sc3niX wrote:

IZ9ap6q.jpg

Wish i could say im surprised but im not. EA i can buy many games on steam for that price.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's so sad that it's funny.
  • Options
    JulyRaines7JulyRaines7 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sorry double post, trying to delete
  • Options
    NeighboursGalNeighboursGal Posts: 163 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:

IZ9ap6q.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's so sad that it's funny.

Someone is craving for some extra dosh! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Ivinora wrote:

The real joke is here
    http://kotaku.com/ea-has-a-good-plan-to-make-their-games-better-1592593243
    don't forget to read that date stamp ;P this was the latest one i could find, they also promised these things right after the simcity release and i'm sure many other releases...

so yeah... don't count on it ;P

"The world is changing," Wilson said. "This Hollywood blockbuster mentality of 'keep all of the information to yourself' is not something that makes sense in today's world.

"And, listen, as you've seen from us in the last few days with Hardline we can't keep a secret anyway so we may as well just start talking about it."

Oh God! I just can't. The irony is too much!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sc3niX wrote:

IZ9ap6q.jpg

woah 5bucks for a demo O.o; i guess one of the CEO's was asking for a raise??
    but yeah these type of things... i hope it bites them in the *bleep* one day... .
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited July 2014
    Soooo..... is it safe to assume that if they did give us a CAS demo we would have to pay money to even try it out?
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    Soooo..... is it safe to assume that if they did give us a CAS demo we would have to pay money to even try it out?
    They still charge at least £5 ($8.57 USD) for sims 3 cas demo.

edit~ Link added.

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/sims-3/pc-download/addon/the-sims-3-create-a-sim
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ivinora wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:

IZ9ap6q.jpg

woah 5bucks for a demo O.o; i guess one of the CEO's was asking for a raise??
    but yeah these type of things... i hope it bites them in the *bleep* one day... .

Disgusting - thank you for sharing this :thumbup:

Is this game out yet? If not are they making people pay now to beta test games?! :shock:
    If so the standard for low has been set :evil:
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited July 2014
    Duncarin wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:

They're going to be replaced. New Sims will move into their house when they all pass away. The Sims 3 level of story progression won't be necessary. It would be nice, but it won't be necessary.

Also there are ways that EA could prevent improper relationships between age groups in the game and still have kids, and have it still be online. Just program it so that only young adults and older can have relationships that would be improper for younger sims. Its not as easy to mod online games, which is another reason a lot of people would want the game to stay off line. Plus EA could ban anyone who used inappropriate mods. Problem solved.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited July 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    Did you catch what 🐸🐸🐸🐸 said about the whole thing?
    http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/the-roast-of-graham-nardone/

Yup I read that this morning. Quite an interesting read. I usually read there quite frequently, was wondering when the exposé was gonna hit :mrgreen:

Edits. . Quotes went all wonky lol

Fixed it :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top