Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else losing their mind for the July set?

I keep checking the sims 3 page like a crazy person, hoping they will finally add it lol I am losing my mind, don't think I'll make it til Th or whenever it might come out. The hits on the Sims 3 website must be out of control, I must refresh the page at least every hour lol :wink:

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    Right there with you! Where's the next pic???? LOL
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Me! And I'm so happy that we're getting corn and the L-shaped stairs, both items from earlier sets that had issues. Yay!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    EehnaEehna Posts: 77 Member
    edited July 2014
    me!!
    i love this set and although i have been very excited about most of this years sets/venues from the store, this one takes the prize!
  • Options
    aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    edited July 2014
    Me too! I'm super excited xD
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope! Not one bit interested in a tea set. I would only get it if it were free!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Elf67 wrote:

There's a lot more there than just a tea set!

1. Canning station -- make jams/jelly, preserve vegetables
    2. Two new harvestables -- corn (though it's on the short staked plants; I'll just imagine it's a new strain from the Science Facility) and cucumbers
    3. Water wheel that actually turns and can lower your bills (like the solar panels and the wind turbines from the Prius packs)
    4. Recolorable chimney pieces
    5. Cool new fireplace
    6. Equally cool new fence, gate and outdoor stairs.
    7. The L-shaped stairs scratched from the Now and Then set, now working
    8. A lot of new decor for farming Sims

Something in this set for everyone, I'd say...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited July 2014
    Elf67 wrote:

There's a lot more there than just a tea set!

1. Canning station -- make jams/jelly, preserve vegetables
    2. Two new harvestables -- corn (though it's on the short staked plants; I'll just imagine it's a new strain from the Science Facility) and cucumbers
    3. Water wheel that actually turns and can lower your bills (like the solar panels and the wind turbines from the Prius packs)
    4. Recolorable chimney pieces
    5. Cool new fireplace
    6. Equally cool new fence, gate and outdoor stairs.
    7. The L-shaped stairs scratched from the Now and Then set, now working
    8. A lot of new decor for farming Sims

Something in this set for everyone, I'd say...

OMG, These are definitely confirmed? :shock:

Sooo want this set,pls pls make them avaliable for CYS!! Otherwise i cannot have it :/
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited July 2014
    :shock: :x I want it NOW!!!!!
  • Options
    Foxlylox29Foxlylox29 Posts: 514 Member
    edited July 2014

yes! I am soooo excited and I am not very patient either !
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm like the Jack in the Box commercial where a guys mind is so blown by excitement the top of the guys head explodes and confetti blows out. and the lady asks Jack,"Is he OK?"
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am definitely looking forward to this set. I love harvestables. Plus that water wheel looks amazing. I think the tea set will be a fun item too.

The store team has been amazing lately. So many wonderful releases!
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited July 2014

Wow I did not know it did that, I assumed it would just be decorative! So happy that it actually moves and lower bills thats fantastic, can't wait to get this set!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ooh, I missed the info about getting the stairs too! (The L shaped ones)

I'm very very very very very excited about this set lol.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    Re:Anyone else losing their mind for the July set?

If I had a mind I would have lost it. :P

Yes, I'm very excited for this set. The specific thing that is making me a bit loopy[er] is the ivy: it's so beautiful! Every so often the store releases something that just goes EVERYWHERE in my world and that ivy will be one of them. *whispers in awe* It goes between floors. :shock:

Of course, I love the rest of the set too. Every. Single. Item.

I'm thrilled to finally be getting the canning station! Yay for pester power!!! :lol: I'm VERY interested to know how exactly it works. Hope to get all the juicy details today. :D

I'ma gonna get my jaaaaaaaaam on!

oPGuA.gif
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited July 2014
    All the sets, lately, have been incredible. But I have to admit that this one is hitting a LOT of my "must have" buttons: A shared TEA experience (with scones and JAM)! I have been waiting for the canning station since just forever. A way to recolor chimneys, too -- I never thought we'd get that. The corn! Full, lush, Ivy! Our wood rail L-shaped stairs! Even a decor butter churn and decor canning jars.

And then, they added things I never knew I wanted: The round arbor like gate and new stone fence. The moss covered steps (so beautiful). A working mill wheel for energy-conservation-conscious sims. Cucumbers! A round fireplace. Hanging tool clutter. Canning jar lights. Cute shuttered windows.

Today will be a long day. And then the hours until release tomorrow will be even longer. The agony of waiting to see if the set is going on early bird sale will be the worst. (Maybe they'll have mercy, and tell us ahead of time if we can expect an early bird sale?)

Oh yes, I want this set!! LOL
  • Options
    lauraf_1986lauraf_1986 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Yea, still not up! But yea, I see a lot of people are excited about the tea set. I'm ok with the tea set, would be cute, but I think I'm going nuts for the jarring and the new harvestables. I love sim farms :) AHHHH, it better come out tomorrow or I dunno what I'll do lol Thanks for posting me a link to the pictures, it just made me want it more but at least I have something to look forward to! :)
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to have to buy more Simpoints before I can buy the set, which isn't a problem, but since Simpoints aren't going to transfer over to TS4 (and I'm not sure I'm buying TS4 anyway), I'm kind of leery of spending the money.
  • Options
    SpazzAttkSpazzAttk Posts: 876 New Member
    edited July 2014
    A couple of thoughts here. First, yes, I will most likely be getting this set. It looks amazing, the content will be things my farmer sims will adore.

Second, how broken will it be? Take the Bakery set for example, sooo many people still can't get that to work. So many simmers paid their 19 dollars to download and install the bakery only to find that it was completely non-functioning.

Some of us have the ability to pull the store content apart and fix it ourselves, granted we shouldn't have to. But how many people out here don't have the software, resources and ability to reprogram and re-code EA's mistakes?

This will be another "Buyer Beware" situation as is almost all premium content released here.

Juss Sayin
  • Options
    wannie00wannie00 Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm loving how the store team seems to making more than one premium item per set lately. It feels like I am getting more for my money and it's a faster way to get all the PC items everybody wants since TS3 store releases are numbered. Thanks store team and hurry up and release it so I can play with it before I go have fun this weekend with my real life family ;)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes definitely excited for this set. The only bad thing about it..is the wait. :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope, still not interested, even with the canning station. Not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    lauraf_1986, it won't be released today. Store content is usually released on Thursdays, around 6pm GMT.
    SpazzAttk wrote:
    A couple of thoughts here. First, yes, I will most likely be getting this set. It looks amazing, the content will be things my farmer sims will adore.

Second, how broken will it be? Take the Bakery set for example, sooo many people still can't get that to work. So many simmers paid their 19 dollars to download and install the bakery only to find that it was completely non-functioning.

Some of us have the ability to pull the store content apart and fix it ourselves, granted we shouldn't have to. But how many people out here don't have the software, resources and ability to reprogram and re-code EA's mistakes?

This will be another "Buyer Beware" situation as is almost all premium content released here.

Juss Sayin

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree that the bakery is 'non-functioning'. It might not work the exact way people want, but it does function. I am very happy we got this content. I think modders have done a great job of expanding on it. :D
  • Options
    PansWooPansWoo Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mmmm a good old fashioned English tea with scones, jam and cream! Can The Sims get any more fantastic?

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    edited July 2014
    24 hours to go... or thereabouts.

All this talk of scones with jam and cream is making me drool.

Does anyone know yet how big that mill Lot is that the simguru built? I hope they upload it on the exchange. I was going to have a mooch around DV in a bit to see where it would look best.