Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA is creating The Sims 1.5 (NOT The Sims 4)

I don't understand how they are calling this The Sims 4. I've signed the petitions asking for a delay for EA to add toddlers & pools, however I don't even think adding those items could save the game at this point.
At first I thought EA was being secretive about information to release it periodically to build excitement. However, it is much more likely that they are embarrassed of the game, or know that the fans will continue to show their disappointment to their little "sneak peeks" of the game.
I'm calling this game The Sims 1.5 because it has literally reversed progress that the franchise has made. Toddlers & teens were added in The Sims 2, life phases that fans wanted and embraced, a simming experience IS NOT the same without them (teens are in the game, however indistinguishable from adults).
CASt is what I am most disappointed about. Playing The Sims 3 today, I use this tool on literally EVERYTHING. Hair colour, eye colour, clothing colours/patterns, shoes, furniture, deco, appliances, walls, floors, everything. By removing this feature with no ability to add it at all, this game will truly not be an improvement on The Sims 3.
And then there are the no open worlds. When sims go to work or school, they will just disappear and come back in a few hours. Again, reversing the progress of the previous games.
So much more to say, but I will leave it at that. I am not excited for The Sims 1.5, EA will have to do a lot of fixing to keep their fans.

Comments

• Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love The Sims 1.5 :twisted:
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited June 2014
    You're right it does seem like sims 1.5! I wondered myself if they were trying to hide something. I think it was mistake to create a huge buzz about the game only to let everyone down.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Sims 1.5.....

Link?

*Edit: I guess it was unclear that this was a joke.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    That's my impression as well and I would be 100% okay with that because TS1 and TS2 are my favourite games. Willow Creek looks just like being back in Old Town and I look forward to playing a tiny neighbourhood like Sim Lane again.

I just can't get over that they left out toddlers and skimped on teens. It boggles the mind. At least looking at this as a direct sequel to TS1 blunts some of the pain. :roll:

I just hope at the very least they'll manage to give out a game that doesn't try to eat its own saves alive but who the heck knows.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    That's great. TS1.5 looks like an awesome sequel.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    I used to think it was the Sims 2.5 but.. now it's starting to look more like the Sims 1.5.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't understand how they are calling this The Sims 4. I've signed the petitions asking for a delay for EA to add toddlers & pools, however I don't even think adding those items could save the game at this point.
    At first I thought EA was being secretive about information to release it periodically to build excitement. However, it is much more likely that they are embarrassed of the game, or know that the fans will continue to show their disappointment to their little "sneak peeks" of the game.
    I'm calling this game The Sims 1.5 because it has literally reversed progress that the franchise has made. Toddlers & teens were added in The Sims 2, life phases that fans wanted and embraced, a simming experience IS NOT the same without them (teens are in the game, however indistinguishable from adults).
    CASt is what I am most disappointed about. Playing The Sims 3 today, I use this tool on literally EVERYTHING. Hair colour, eye colour, clothing colours/patterns, shoes, furniture, deco, appliances, walls, floors, everything. By removing this feature with no ability to add it at all, this game will truly not be an improvement on The Sims 3.
    And then there are the no open worlds. When sims go to work or school, they will just disappear and come back in a few hours. Again, reversing the progress of the previous games.
    So much more to say, but I will leave it at that. I am not excited for The Sims 1.5, EA will have to do a lot of fixing to keep their fans.

Agree.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree which is why I'm not buying this crap
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    edited June 2014
    I saw a post somewhere calling it sims 0.4 :lol:
  • Options
    LadyMacGuffinLadyMacGuffin Posts: 21
    edited June 2014
    I'm calling this game The Sims 1.5 because it has literally reversed progress that the franchise has made.
    I kept thinking this, but didn't put it into words. I agree absolutely. I haven't played the original Sims in a very long time but back in the day I played quite a lot and so many things I've been seeing about Sims 4 makes me think, "Wait, wasn't it that way in the original Sims back in 2000?"

In fact, I liked the original Sims game on a lot of levels, and a 1.5 of that might be fun (never did get into Sims 2 very much for a lot of reasons), but only at prices from 2005. ;)

Gonna have to stick with Sims 3, and spend my gaming money on other games, probably not produced by EA.
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kail16 wrote:
    The Sims 1.5.....

Link?

Why are you asking for a link to an opinion? She can link to my post where I called it Sims 1.5 if she can find it. I'm sure there are many others with the same opinion. It's an opinion, people have them because so far this "new" information is looking more like they are talking about the sequel to TS1. That being the case it would have to be TS1.5.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MissTexasB wrote:
    Kail16 wrote:
    The Sims 1.5.....

Link?

Why are you asking for a link to an opinion? She can link to my post where I called it Sims 1.5 if she can find it. I'm sure there are many others with the same opinion. It's an opinion, people have them because so far this "new" information is looking more like they are talking about the sequel to TS1. That being the case it would have to be TS1.5.

It's a joke about the titile of the thread honey.
    Relax its all video games. :D
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2014
    Katiealexandraa,

Give it a rest. Despite the things they haven't included, if you look at only the base games, the Sims 4 is going to be more elaborate than the Sims 1, the sims 2, and the Sims 3. The Sims themselves will also be much more intelligent and life like than in any of the previous games.

The AI That Powers The Sims 4 Is Almost Too Smart
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/video-games/inside-the-mind-of-the-sims-4-16906802

Its hardly going to be like the Sims 1 but with some minor improvement. Even ignoring the graphics, which wouldn't have been possible when the Sims 2 was released, there's too much in the game that they couldn't do until now. Don't like it? Fine.

Don't like the fact that toddlers won't be include when its released in September? I feel the same way. Don't like the fact that there will be no Create A Style? so do I. However, this hardly makes the Sims 4, like the Sims 1, which is clearly much more primitive.

I don't like the fact that teens will be same height as adults either. It will be even harder for me to tell them apart from adults than in the previous games. That said they won't be indistinguishable, nor will their life stage be the same as a young adult/adult.

This clearly isn't the Sims 1.5.
  • Options
    azureflame2azureflame2 Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2014
    In a way I wouldn't even mind if this was legitimately the Sims 1.5. I'm the kind of guy who likes to play remakes of games from time to time and 1 and 2 were my favorite of the series. I often find myself going back to play both of those. If they called this game The Sims 1.5 I would buy it (With a cheaper price tag of course), the fact that they are calling it The Sims 4 and it's supposed to be so new and innovative with such a lack of content (imo) is why I don't plan to buy it until a giant price drop happens. I do hope it turns out to be awesome though and I'm completely wrong.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited June 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    I used to think it was the Sims 2.5 but.. now it's starting to look more like the Sims 1.5.
    I used to be an adventurer, then took an arrow to the knee.

Who could possibly know back then they were actually slapping EA?
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    I used to be an adventurer, then took an arrow to the knee.

Who could possibly know back then they were actually slapping EA?

LOL.. :mrgreen:
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kail16 wrote:
    MissTexasB wrote:
    Kail16 wrote:
    The Sims 1.5.....

Link?

Sorry I got upset but with everyone screaming for links to make some bit of info "official" and now we know that even official information isn't actually official. With all of the arguing on the boards lately I'm glad someone is trying to bring some humor into it.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Katiealexandraa,

Give it a rest. Despite the things they haven't included, if you look at only the base games, the Sims 4 is going to be more elaborate than the Sims 1, the sims 2, and the Sims 3. The Sims themselves will also be much more intelligent and life like than in any of the previous games.

The AI That Powers The Sims 4 Is Almost Too Smart
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/video-games/inside-the-mind-of-the-sims-4-16906802

Its hardly going to be like the Sims 1 but with some minor improvement. Even ignoring the graphics, which wouldn't have been possible when the Sims 2 was released, there's too much in the game that they couldn't do until now. Don't like it? Fine.

[...]
    This clearly isn't the Sims 1.5.

Who says a theoretical TS1.5 has to be a "minor improvement" from the original? At no point does OP bring up graphics either. The things she *does* bring up are features that TS1 didn't have either, which seem to be the basis of her argument.

Try not to take people too literally. Within the parameters she's bringing up her conclusion does make sense.

Saying the Sims themselves will be more intelligent or lifelike when they've yet to show us a an actual gameplay trailer is just speculation. They said TS3 sims would have better routing than TS2 and look how that turned out. I agree that TS4 is going to be more elaborate that TS1 (as a 2d game it would be sad if it wasn't) but what it doesn't have is more content.

(And before you assume I'm hater, I'm not. I'm pro TS1.5.)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MissTexasB wrote:
    Kail16 wrote:
    MissTexasB wrote:
    Kail16 wrote:
    The Sims 1.5.....

Link?

Sorry I got upset but with everyone screaming for links to make some bit of info "official" and now we know that even official information isn't actually official. With all of the arguing on the boards lately I'm glad someone is trying to bring some humor into it.

Yea lol its too intense on here lately. Let's all lighten up a bit. It's all games. :D
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2014
    To elaborate a bit on my original post...
    I loved The Sims 1, there are still things in this game that I think were better than it's successors. Such as the Superstar (not sure if that was the right name) EP. I loved travelling to the different celebrity-themed location and having my sim do fashion shows, commercials, etc. Even though a newer sims game did not always contain everything the one before it did (example - not being able to buy clothes in The Sims 3), I still thought (even before each release) that the newer game was better than the one before it.

However with 'The Sims 4' or 1.5, I do feel it is better than The Sims 1 overall, that's why I said 1.5 instead of 0.5. However, definitely not better than The Sims 3.

I've heard a lot from EA about these "smarter" sims, as well as a lot about their emotions. While we've seen a little about the emotions, I have yet to see anything that makes them smarter than others before it. Sims don't need to be "smart," the users playing the games are the ones doing everything.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2014
    Honestly, if this was released as 1.5 or even 2.5 instead of 4 I probably wouldn't mind at all and would have probably even pre-ordered the game. Because if this was the case then all of the regression would actually make sense. It's supposed to be that way and it wouldn't need to make improvements. But calling this sims 4 at the state that this game is in doesn't make sense to me I would have been much happier if it were advertised as Sims 1.5 or 2.5 because with that I would expect regression.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    TInteriorDesignTInteriorDesign Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll note: the title "The Sims 4" refers to it being the 4th iteration on the Sims series. It in no way makes it a sequel to the previous games. This needs to be remembered by the fanbase. While some disappointment about features being cut is normal, it should be remembered that this is its own game, and not Sims 3 part 2, just like Sims 3 was not Sims 2 part 2, and Sims 2 was not Sims part 2. They were all just further iterations of a well loved game. I, for one, wouldn't WANT Sims 4 to play the same as Sims 3 - I've already got Sims 3. Just like I didn't want Sims 3 to play the same as Sims 2, and I didn't want Sims 2 to play the same as The Sims. I'm not saying anyone should change their minds, just...that maybe people should remember that this isn't just an update to any of the games.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yep, it is the sims 1.5. Seriously if this was 2005 and they were showing us this game as the new the sims 2 that was about to come out I think most people would be pretty impressed with what we are seeing. However, it's not 2005 and this isn't the sims 2. It's supposed to be the sims 4 so, sorry EA the sims 1.5 isn't going to cut it at this point in time.

People might also be less disappointed if they didn't CALL it the sims 4. Calling it that insinuates that it's intended as a continuation of the core franchise they started with ts1 and have been building upon and expanding the feature set of since 2000. If they gave it a different name (The Sims DLC Mania for instance) then people wouldn't feel so much like their beloved game has taken 20 steps backwards. They would feel more like the sims series had come to an end and that EA was just making some spinoff games now.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    I totally agree, at first I thought that they were unable to design CASt effectively and bugless but the closer it came to the release date with just renders which they are still fobbing us off with it just became clear that they are behind in many, many ways. My twin Sister has not been keeping tabs of all of this and saw previews of today... She was not impressed and told me it looked like TS1. I got used to the style but she told me she didn't like it and they look like cartoons with plastic hair (outch lol). I just wanted great gameplay but without content and interactions and Sims what is there? Is this really a game or is it a render stage... I think there are people out there still lying to themselves like I was, gosh I was a fool but they still haven't realised they are being duped :cry:
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's not even TS1 1.5...

There's no pools, and we're at risk of losing another staple (ghosts) both were in TS1. I'd say it's a whole new bad game built from zero.