Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The LIST! Are you buying, on the fence, or not buying? (368 Simmers!)

Comments

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited June 2014
    First time I've posted in this thread.

I'm definitely buying (always was). Will probably pre-order the Limited Edition thru Amazon. However, I'm unsure as to whether I'll continue with the series after base game.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was so excited when the first pictures of TS4 leaked out. I remember feeling the same when TS3 was in progression.
    I love the way they look and all the new build features but then I continued to read.

No toddlers! Why are we going back to TS1? I'm not happy that I'll have a baby and then it'll have a birthday and jump to a child!

I will buy it because I do feel like I am ready to move to the next chapter with the sims. I've been playing sims from a young age and have moved with them throughout the years.
    But I do have some very mixed feelings about TS4, feelings which I haven't felt for with any other new base game.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    OmfgTabithaOmfgTabitha Posts: 67
    edited June 2014
    I finally fell off the fence and Pre-ordered.
  • Options
    thesims3madthesims3mad Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have preordered the collectors edition :D
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm not buying #150, I would like to move up to on the fence.

I was critical of no toddlers and pools at first, but I really need to see live game play before making a true decision.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sitting on the fence.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    PalomaPlay1PalomaPlay1 Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    I do not buy!
  • Options
    Mcphee1964Mcphee1964 Posts: 106
    edited June 2014
    On the fence, borderline not buying.

I'll rush out to get it as soon as the toddlers are patched into the base game.
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2014
    Buying. Not going to preorder but I'll probably pick it up from Walmart on release day. But depending how good it is will determine if I buy any of the expansion packs.
  • Options
    therainbowkitkattherainbowkitkat Posts: 30
    edited June 2014
    I'm on the fence, leaning towards not buying. I'm not happy about the lack of swimming pools and toddlers :(
  • Options
    Amester4RealAmester4Real Posts: 20
    edited June 2014
    I am planning on buying.
  • Options
    cheapcheapbirdiecheapcheapbirdie Posts: 397 New Member
    edited June 2014
    No, I don't plan on buying Project Olympus, even if it does have a bright and colorful Sims4 logo.

" :shock: ooow shiny.. new.." *catches a whiff of the leftover dumpster grime :? * "Oh.. almost got me there, EA :lol: ..almost :wink: "

I'm also banning any new EA games from being bought for my household until "things change" for the better.
  • Options
    DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Buying for sure. Taking Sept. 2nd off from work to buy it and play all day. Despite "some" limitations or whatever it's still a new Sims game and it's still got a ton of great things. I don't think any of us realize how cool multi-tasking will be.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'd rather take all the money I am saving by not buying Sims 4 and find a Kickstarter development that appreciate my donation, listen to my ideas and don't tell me "Bye" like people here do.

Never again EA, I am through with you.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    epigirl08epigirl08 Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2014
    On the fence. I'll wait for the reviews.
  • Options
    JDtwinsx3JDtwinsx3 Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Not buying, The features are very lackluster.
  • Options
    DarthZoDarthZo Posts: 15
    edited July 2014
    Not buying.

Originally, I had the premium edition pre-ordered but after all of the information that has come out, I cannot support buying this game anymore and have cancelled my pre-order. They have taken out way too many things, some of which will be sold to the Sims community through expensive EPs and store bundles even though they should have been in the base game (those of you thinking you will get pools and toddlers in a free patch are living in a dream world. EA doesn't do free.)

I've spent $600+ on the Sims 3 and the game runs like garbage without a host of mods holding it together. The truth is that EA will not stop making incomplete buggy games and nickel and diming us with micro-transactions if we keep giving them our money. Vote with your dollar people.
  • Options
    EriiiiiiinaEriiiiiiina Posts: 51 Member
    edited July 2014
    DarthZo wrote:
    Not buying.

Originally, I had the premium edition pre-ordered but after all of the information that has come out, I cannot support buying this game anymore and have cancelled my pre-order. They have taken out way too many things, some of which will be sold to the Sims community through expensive EPs and store bundles even though they should have been in the base game (those of you thinking you will get pools and toddlers in a free patch are living in a dream world. EA doesn't do free.)

I've spent $600+ on the Sims 3 and the game runs like garbage without a host of mods holding it together. The truth is that EA will not stop making incomplete buggy games and nickel and diming us with micro-transactions if we keep giving them our money. Vote with your dollar people.

Totally agree with you! I will not buy unless we get our basic stuff back, for free. I will not be scammed once again like I was with TS3 where I bought half-finished EP that lacked everything I thought I paid for. It´s such a disappointment.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited July 2014
    Put me on the fence.

I'm not pre-ordering for sure. The hat trick of no CASt, no toddlers and a closed world killed that idea. For a fraction of the cost of TS4, I could find an old copy of TS2 and get toddlers thrown in for good measure.

I'll put it on my Christmas list or buy it when it goes on sale.
  • Options
    ScarlettVeilScarlettVeil Posts: 92 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm buying!! I can't wait! :D
    I'm waiting for the Collectors Edition but I'm preordering for my sister. My fiance and his mother are buying as well!!
  • Options
    LallevonLanzelothLallevonLanzeloth Posts: 1,041 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope. At least not this year and prbly not next year either.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2014
    On the fence still but teetering towards not
  • Options
    jpdcjpdc Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2014
    NOT buying. Being told that certain things can never be added because the base game wasn't designed to accommodate them is giving me SimCity 5 deja vu, like when they finally admitted that they had no intention of ever increasing city sizes. I haven't played that game since.

And much like with SimCity, people expressed their concerns and disappointments long before and after that game was released, but EA proceeded to release the game that they wanted to release, and not the game that a long-loyal community wanted.

5 houses in a neighborhood is 5 less than the Sims 1 started with. A 3 story maximum is 2 less than the Sims 2 started with. The Sims 4 is not being designed with builders in mind whatsoever, and that is where my interest in this franchise comes to an end.

• Options
    NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am not going to say I am not buying. So...
    I guess I am on the fence. But ...

Lets just say, that's one very long and tall fence I am not looking forward to going over anytime soon :XD:
  • Options
    AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think it's interesting that it is around 50/50. Baring in mind the people that answer this thread are fully aware of what ISN'T in the game and plenty will buy not knowing, I would guess that if someone were to extrapolate the findings properly - TS4 will lose between 20 and 30% of their customers here. That is 100,000s(at least) people not buying bg, eps or sps. Millions lost for EA straight away. People may buy later at sales price and many of the poor, oblivious simmers may not continue after the bg. In the end, I bet the game makes at most 50-60% of what it could, and it may be much, much lower.