Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would Will Wright do?

I mean, after all he is like the Chuck Norris of life simulators. So what do you think he'd have to say about all of this? What would he have done presented the current Sims franchise dilemma?

Honest question to spark discussion (and yes debate too if need be).

Regards,

Krammy

Comments

• Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2014
    What would Will Wright do? He'd make Spore.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited June 2014
    He would have tried his best to add them. And if he couldn't, he would have promised they would be added in a free patch as soon as possible and apologize and give ACTUAL reasons. I assume anyway, from what I hear he cares.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    He would have tried his best to add them. And if he couldn't, he would have promised they would be added in a free patch as soon as possible and apologize and give ACTUAL reasons. I assume anyway, from what I hear he cares.

He would have delivered a great game, unlike Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    He would've done his best to add the features present in previous Sims games like CASt and the open world and build upon it. And he wouldn't even think about not adding pools or toddlers in the base game.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    No - he would do what he did - go build robots and play robot wars with his daughter.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:

He would have delivered a great game, unlike Rachel Franklin.

Yeah pretty much.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited June 2014
    He wouldn't have made a Sims 4, or even a 3.
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited June 2014
    He would make Sims games that include basic things that were in the ones before it while adding new content. And if something wasn't done in time, he would give actual reasons besides it's too hard for right now and would put it in the earliest patch he could, not in a $40 expansion.

Not totally sure who he is, name sounds familiar, but that is my dream Sims developer.
  • Options
    DailycrumbDailycrumb Posts: 286 New Member
    edited June 2014
    who knows. he would have avoided producing anything after 2 unless he came out with a completely new idea. He probably would have tried gradual aging
  • Options
    breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Why !Why ! Why! Did I give up my Precious‎!!!! :cry::cry::lol::lol: :twisted:
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't get the disdain for Rachel Franklin. No matter who the executive producer is, they'd still have issues due to timing and such because of the whole dropping online bit, wouldn't they?
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't get the distain for Rachel Franklin. No matter who the executive producer is, they'd still have issues due to timing and such because of the whole dropping online bit, wouldn't they?

Well, at some point, she has to take responsibility.

Instead of rockets, career rewards, weird stories, she could have decided and fought for toddlers. She could have even sacrificed young adults, hard to tell from teens, for that.

An executive producer makes the major decisions. Even money people mostly just dictate budget and timeframe. She chose what would be done with it.
  • Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    I don't get the distain for Rachel Franklin. No matter who the executive producer is, they'd still have issues due to timing and such because of the whole dropping online bit, wouldn't they?

Well, at some point, she has to take responsibility.

Instead of rockets, career rewards, weird stories, she could have decided and fought for toddlers. She could have even sacrificed young adults, hard to tell from teens, for that.

An executive producer makes the major decisions. Even money people mostly just dictate budget and timeframe. She chose what would be done with it.
    Young adults and adults are literally the same. That probably wouldn't have rewarded her much time. =P
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited June 2014
    be thankful he ended up on the positive side of the comment section
    roll around in his money
    fret about life just like we all do
    push some envelopes with nerd humor
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    Will Wright would quickly retake Maxis and add in things that the customers want.

It is not the Gurus' fault. It is EA's.

EA is simply a money-hungry company. I use to like them like a few days ago, but I did some reading and I am disgusted with them. I will still be buying the Sims 4 though.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    breville69 wrote:
    Why !Why ! Why! Did I give up my Precious‎!!!! :cry::cry::lol::lol: :twisted:

df0ff33f266f32214d219b927452e45fc1dffeaee2a32c2df03cac793d08d36a.jpg