Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please stop

Comments

• Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm still excited for the game but I'm getting more and more conflicted over all of the features I was hoping for that have been officially omitted. CASt was a disappointment but at the time there was still hope for a colour wheel. Right now all I have left to hope for is more colour swatches. I'm also not seeing an option for yellow or violet eyes (the latter worries me more) and that already eliminates a few of the sims I'd planned to make.

Not only that, this all comes at a time when money's tight so I have to set some cash aside and "try" not to use it for other expenses. I want the edition with the soundtrack and the artbook (the plumbob one is too expensive) on launch if I can get it. Came back from the bank today and I heard about the 'no supernaturals' tweet and that's got me down :cry:
  • Options
    howahkan319howahkan319 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm an EA Cheerleader

ohio-state-cheerleader.jpg

Who loves debbie downers

debbie-downer.jpg

I'm going to do this to you all if you don't stop being meanies.

getalong.jpg
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Lion can roar all he wants, but all it sounds like to me is a waste of breath. The Sims 4 is coming, ready or not.

I cvan't believe you say that like it's a good thing.

No game that is not ready should be released.
  • Options
    nyancat23nyancat23 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2014
    That's how I'm starting feel. But I've gone from "defiantly buying" to "idk..maybe" I still have a bit of excitement left though.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree. I get people might be upset, but we don't need ten billion threads with everyone making the same complaint or putting down the people that want to buy or even tell us not to.

Just make one thread and stick with it. It will cause less of annoyance and pain on everyone's part. We aren't EA, so all you are doing is annoying us, not making any real changes. Take it up with them by actually sending the complaints and concerns to them. The threads on the forums could be removed, buried, etc....and they might not see them anyways. Better to contact them directly.

Also we don't even know what the actual game be like, what would be added in patches and what the finished game with all the expansions be like. Each game is different and having to start over with a new engine, animations and trying to address problems in the previous games and all within a certain amount of time, not everything is going to be in base game (though they seem to have a lot).

I think the real problem with each game is that people don't like changes. People threw a huge fit before with previous games, especially with Sims 3 (though I can understand some complaints as it did have a lot of bugs, but before the game was released, people didn't know what it was going to be like. Some videos were different than the actual game).
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    edited June 2014
    [quote=Vampattack.
    Boycoting it will not make them improve it. If anything it will make them cancel the whole game and any future Sims games.
    .[/quote]

I'm pretty sure negative comments, reviews and people not buying WILL make them do something about it. They were pretty quick to give people free games with purchase of Sim City and they did eventually make it playable offline due to people protesting. In fact I have read in numerous places that the angry response to Sim City is why they chose to not make the Sims 4 online.

I doubt they would can the series as their is obviously still a big interest in it if so many are posting their discontent with the current product. :?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pageybear wrote:
    [quote=Vampattack.
    Boycoting it will not make them improve it. If anything it will make them cancel the whole game and any future Sims games.

I'm pretty sure negative comments, reviews and people not buying WILL make them do something about it. They were pretty quick to give people free games with purchase of Sim City and they did eventually make it playable offline due to people protesting. In fact I have read in numerous places that the angry response to Sim City is why they chose to not make the Sims 4 online.

I doubt they would can the series as their is obviously still a big interest in it if so many are posting their discontent with the current product. :? [/quote]

Truth has been spoken.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited June 2014
    faytheful wrote:
    And I've seen threads where others who were not happy were called idiots, ungrateful, complainers, whiners & more.
    As others have said it works both ways.
    But to some its not just a game but an investment since it takes spending money to keep it going.
    And to those who feel they are investing, they may feel its not a good investment at this point.
    To those who consider it just a game they might feel it is.
    No need to call others names whatever side you're on.

ETA: Calling people names is a form of bullying & verbal assault.

This is very true there is name calling and extremists on both sides. In my view you don't buy it fine, you do buy it fine. We all have different opinion and that is okay. What isn't okay is calling someone else names for their opinion.

It's why I took a break when sims 3 was first announced, and why I ended up taking a break from Sims 3 forums when it came out. People on both sides were getting too rude, and too extreme for my tastes. Unfortunately it happens everywhere online and offline.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited June 2014
    Gothlove24 wrote:
    I agree 100% I am tired of the negative idiots
    And here I thought this thread was to STOP "name calling"? :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Gothlove24 wrote:

They are optimiscally and positively calling us idiots, Debbie Downers, Fake, Liars, Mentally Disabled, and wishing our dying from AIDS. All of which have happened to me.

This week.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2014
    Gothlove24 wrote:

I think some people need to practice what their preach.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited June 2014
    Vampattack wrote:
    Boycoting it will not make them improve it.
    Buying it even less. The past of the Sims franchise made that clear. As long as the management thinks they can keep milking us cash cows no matter how crappy their products are, they see no reason to change it. The Sims 4 is the latest example. Other companies wouldn't even dare to publish such a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited June 2014
    Clk1143 wrote:
    faytheful wrote:
    And I've seen threads where others who were not happy were called idiots, ungrateful, complainers, whiners & more.
    As others have said it works both ways.
    But to some its not just a game but an investment since it takes spending money to keep it going.
    And to those who feel they are investing, they may feel its not a good investment at this point.
    To those who consider it just a game they might feel it is.
    No need to call others names whatever side you're on.

ETA: Calling people names is a form of bullying & verbal assault.

Unfortunately it happens everywhere online and offline.

Too true. I believe its possible to get a point across without the name calling.
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    If we don't let EA know that we aren't happy, then they will continue to put out one cruddy game after another. You saw what happened with Sims 3 and each new EP got worse with bugs and glitches. Would you rather have a game put out now that you'll spend 95% of play time trying to get to run and only 5% playing or have a game put out that is great? So far this game has less in it than Sims 1 had in it and costs $70.00. I work for my money, I don't have a hubby, mommy or daddy to buy the games for me, so when I pay I want my money's worth. And when I play I want a game that helps me unwind, not cause me more stress than what I had before I sat down. We have as much right to voice our displeasure with what they are taking out as you do saying how much you are looking forward to the game. Over 5,000 signatures on the petition.......I think you few are outnumbered. But hey if you think you'l want a half baked game, knock yourselves out. I'll see you in the forums in a few months crying about endless glitches.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited June 2014
    @SpiderCrowWolf: Applause on that! :thumbup:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Buying it even less. The past of the Sims franchise made that clear. As long as the management thinks they can keep milking us cash cows no matter how crappy their products are, they see no reason to change it. The Sims 4 is the latest example. Other companies wouldn't even dare to publish such a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

This SO much.

If you hit them where it hurts, in the profit margin, they're more likely to change than if you comply and swallow the Kool-Aid they're continually handing out.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited June 2014
    A Lion never loses sleep over the opinions of Sheep.

There's no need to feel guilty. You're more than welcome to be excited and enjoy the game as you see fit. But you also need to understand, in return, that some are not happy with how TS4 is turning out.

The Lion can roar all he wants, but all it sounds like to me is a waste of breath. The Sims 4 is coming, ready or not.

Yes, and I don't think it's ready. Just my 2 cents.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    KramYraelo wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

This SO much.

If you hit them where it hurts, in the profit margin, they're more likely to change than if you comply and swallow the Kool-Aid they're continually handing out.

All of this.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 2014
    Gothlove24 wrote:

Agreed.

I'm sorry you feel that way OP, you have every right to feel happy about the game, but we can voice our complaints if they are APPROPRIATE too.
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Gothlove24 wrote:

They are optimiscally and positively calling us idiots, Debbie Downers, Fake, Liars, Mentally Disabled, and wishing our dying from AIDS. All of which have happened to me.

This week.

You have said some bad nasty things to people ...who never called you anything...I was one of them.

You owe me an apology and a lot of others.

You are the name caller on this forum.

You should be ashame of yourself and you need to fix it.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if I let a bunch of internet strangers make me feel guilty about liking a GAME. Lol, the last few days I have been sitting back with my bowl of popcorn enjoying all of the high drama.

There is a huge difference between someone like yourself who feels guilty for liking a game, and the folks who insist that other people should like/dislike the same things they do. The first is obviously a very kind-hearted person while the second type is just an entitled jerk.

Please don't feel guilty for liking what you like! whoa, stop that. :P Stop and think about your bestest friend in the whole world. Would you believe that your best friend should feel guilty for liking something if you don't enjoy that thing as much as they do? Hmmm? So be as kind and generous to yourself as you would be to your friend.

(edit) for some reason I read what you wrote as you did feel guilty. nevermind then! :lol:
  • Options
    joeyk0987joeyk0987 Posts: 211 Member
    edited June 2014
    gmgar wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    Gothlove24 wrote:

This week.

You have said some bad nasty things to people ...who never called you anything...I was one of them.

You owe me an apology and a lot of others.

You are the name caller on this forum.

You should be ashame of yourself and you need to fix it.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited June 2014
    A Lion never loses sleep over the opinions of Sheep.

There's no need to feel guilty. You're more than welcome to be excited and enjoy the game as you see fit. But you also need to understand, in return, that some are not happy with how TS4 is turning out.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about or what point you are trying to make to me. I understand the 'sims 4 is coming, too bad', but my quote was to make OP feel better, and in no way directed towards you and whatever silly text you come up with making yourself feel 'clever'.
    You're just being an a.ss. Congrats.

Like I said, OP you're more than welcome to be excited, but you can't expect everyone else to be pleased with what they axed from the game and will most likely, make you pay for later. Just ignore the those posts and get on with your game time.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    gmgar wrote:
    snip

This is the first time we have eve talked and that I have ever known you exist.

And your very first words to me are lies.

I hope you never have children.

They deserve better...

• Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    gmgar wrote:
    snip

This is the first time we have eve talked and that I have ever known you exist.

And your very first words to me are lies.

I hope you never have children.

They deserve better...

Good way to fix it...you need to be a shame of yourself.

I do not need to lie...you have proven yourself over and over.