Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is on the front page of Reddit. Eek.

Comments

• Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kotaku also made an article about it it seems (just woke up and saw this)
    http://kotaku.com/the-sims-4-is-ditching-pools-and-some-people-arent-hap-1596466582/all
    guess people where really upset that it made it to a site that to be fair, rarely posts news about these types of games
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have read this reddit page and I am shocked!

Are you people laughing and cheering about gamers with nicknames like H o l o c a u s t _ Denier who enjoy building "oven camps"? Do you think this is funny? Burn, baby, burn?? Do people in America learn anything in school?

Maybe not people like that. I just am happy word about what we're losing is getting out, and I'm kinda happy to see people who are upset over this. Because I honestly believe it was a poor decision and perhaps if enough people are upset EA will lose enough money to rethink things.

Also who says any of these people are American?
  • Options
    Deidara180Deidara180 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have read this reddit page and I am shocked!

Are you people laughing and cheering about gamers with nicknames like H o l o c a u s t _ Denier who enjoy building "oven camps"? Do you think this is funny? Burn, baby, burn?? Do people in America learn anything in school?

Yes, that is exactly what we are doing :roll:

I have no freaking clue who's names are what on Reddit. I read the article not peoples names.

Those of us who posted something about burning, was pertaining to E.A. burning.

Why read into something when it is non-existent!?!

And since YOU do not know me on a personal level. I would never ever in this life or the next or any other life make fun of H. You know people like me did have relatives that survived that place.

P.S. The education in American schools sucks, which is why I learned more out of school then when I was in school.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dezmeria wrote:
    And since YOU do not know me on a personal level. I would never ever in this life or the next or any other life make fun of H. You know people like me did have relatives that survived that place.

P.S. The education in American schools sucks, which is why I learned more out of school then when I was in school.

This.

Both sides of my family were hit by the Holocaust. My German side was effected because my grandfather at the age of 6, saw Nazi's marching down his street. He was living in a place where he couldn't escape, while 🐸🐸🐸🐸 was brainwashing the people around him. He wasn't Jewish, but the Nazi's scared him to death, and till this day, he still can't get that memory out of his head. My American side was effected because my great-grandmother was a sole survivor. She went in Auschwitz when she was 12, along with her 5 siblings and parents, and she came out alone with no family.

Now onto a less depressing note:

I don't see how someone's screen name on Reddit has anything to do with our gifs. :?

And I agree, I didn't learn a damn thing in high school. I learned more about how disgusting people can be, but in terms of education, I didn't learn squat. Senior year I just gave up, and prayed to get the hell out of that place. It was dirty, full of insecure bullies, lacked any sense of community, and smelled like a**. The thought of going gave me so much stress and anxiety, that I just basically said "F it!", and just counted down the days until graduation. :roll: :lol:

Wish I could have experienced a better education. :(

Lol this post has nothing to do with the thread. Sorry if I derailed it :?
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited June 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    And I agree, I didn't learn a damn thing in high school. I learned more about how disgusting people can be, but in terms of education, I didn't learn squat. Senior year I just gave up, and prayed to get the hell out of that place. It was dirty, full of insecure bullies, lacked any sense of community, and smelled like a**. The thought of going gave me so much stress and anxiety, that I just basically said "F it!", and just counted down the days until graduation. :roll: :lol:

Wish I could have experienced a better education. :(

I know the feeling. I didn't even go to my own aftergrad party, I just wanted to never see any of the people in my school ever again. It's hard to get a good education when there are so many pretentious, bigoted jerks breathing down your neck.

Anyway, I've actually never have been on reddit ever, I have heard of it I'm not really sure how popular it is. But I do hope this spreads around like wildfire. People need to hear about what happened with this game so they can know the whole story.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Aw man can we not change the topic?

I think this is great. Shows that fans outside this forum aren't happy with EA. We are always getting told by other players here that "EA doesn't care about your opinions, there's a larger fanbase out there." Well...
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited June 2014
    I upvoted it :)
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    RAE2786 wrote:
    Aw man can we not change the topic?

I think this is great. Shows that fans outside this forum aren't happy with EA. We are always getting told by other players here that "EA doesn't care about your opinions, there's a larger fanbase out there." Well...

Yes.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    edited June 2014
    Awesome find I really like Reddit and I hope someone post this on the twitter of one of the higher ups working on the sims 4 project. Maybe JUST maybe when the sim gurus have another meeting with EA, they can show how upset we're all are about their choices with sims 4.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2014
    Can't say they didn't bring it upon themselves. :?

EDIT: oh, this is priceless --
    In 20 years people will be buying Sims branded bags of p.o.o from EA, not even remembering that Sims started out as a video game.

LOL
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow! I checked reddit this morning and you're right, The Sims 4 is right there on the front page at #12 as of now. There are many people all over in various discussion boards who are angry including Neogaf.

For those of you who don't know, Reddit is a place set up like a discussion board. Developers can also interact with their fan base one on one there too for feedack.
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ivinora wrote:
    Kotaku also made an article about it it seems (just woke up and saw this)
    http://kotaku.com/the-sims-4-is-ditching-pools-and-some-people-arent-hap-1596466582/all
    guess people where really upset that it made it to a site that to be fair, rarely posts news about these types of games

To be honest, I'm quite surprised too. The big name gaming websites don't usually post much about games like the sims. That's why I'm glad these sites are all posting articles and letting people know the deal.

I always felt like the sims community was swept under the rug when it came to stuff some of us were unhappy about... but not this time EA.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2014
    EA i smell you're third nomination for the golden *** award i think we simmers should take it there.
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2014
    please do not mention reddit ever again
  • Options
    howahkan319howahkan319 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2014
    Was it this bad with TS3?
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2014
    Already sent the word out to a rather known Youtube reviewer of games.

Hopefully he checks this out cause I would LOVE to hear his (as always) honest response. :D
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    Halle_M wrote:

In 20 years people will be buying Sims branded bags of p.o.o from EA, not even remembering that Sims started out as a video game.

LOL

I loved that one.

In some cases, it's true. There are people out there that will buy anything and everything branded sims.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited June 2014
    Halle_M wrote:

LOL

that was the only comment i read and i died of laughter!
    because the jokes are always funnier when theyre true!
  • Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope that it's enough to send them a message, but not kill the game. I know we all want a better game, but it would suck if there were no new games at all. I feel like EA would just pull the plug on it if it made no money, instead of trying to make it better. I think if they just promise to patch toddlers in, or delay the game to add more features they'll get most of the fanbase back.
  • Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love Reddit so much... <3
  • Options
    SarahE_IsMeSarahE_IsMe Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2014
    As much as I think it's deserved, I hope the CEO and head cronies don't fire the good guys over this debacle. I'm worried for the gurus!
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."
  • Options
    GlennGnerdGlennGnerd Posts: 272
    edited June 2014
    It's not all that surprising, really.

This just gives those that are bored out of their minds another excuse to bash on EA, not necessarily on the sims franchise and the sims team.

I'm willing to bet simoleons that more than half of the people commenting there haven't even played game, let alone considered it a viable form of entertainment. You see similar, if not identical, "EA DLC practice" posts in almost every third party EA discussion group.

Hard to say what will come of this. For all we know, it might gain popularity. Look at all of the publicity celebrities get from dumb celebrity news and you'll understand.
  • Options
    wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2014
    never heard or reddit................
  • Options
    TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope that it's enough to send them a message, but not kill the game. I know we all want a better game, but it would suck if there were no new games at all. I feel like EA would just pull the plug on it if it made no money, instead of trying to make it better. I think if they just promise to patch toddlers in, or delay the game to add more features they'll get most of the fanbase back.

I was thinking the same thing.