Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keep Calm and Trust the Gurus!

I for one am super excited about this game! :D

I know people are upset with a lot of things but NO ONE (besides the Gurus) knows how this game is going to really be! We can't keep hassling them for decisions that could not even be their fault. They are trying to make us a great game! Have faith in them and if you have a problem let them know in a polite way! Who knows they could be taking EVERYTHING into account for later! No one knows the future of this game. But I have been a loyal Simmer since 2000 and they haven't disappointed me yet!

I just have to know does anyone else feel this way!? I can't be the only Simmer that has faith in what the Gurus can produce right? :?:

Comments

• Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've played only a year now but I don't like TS3 as much as I do TS2 which I picked up after....I'm liking the idea more of TS4 than what I get from TS3 and I trust 'em so far. It sounds like a mixture of what I like from TS2 and TS3 so far plus yeah emotions. Some people don't care about that but one of my worst things about Sims was that they seem too much like robots especially in TS3. I'm loving the change.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    vtmovtmo Posts: 22
    edited June 2014
    But don't trust them too much, because you know... things change!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Trusting them so far has only led to dissapointment.

I don't think is their fault...

But every "no comment" became a "no" and many confirmations have been backtracked.

Very basic featues were removed because Ea refuses to delay.

Why should I still trust them.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    vtmo wrote:

Haha exactly. I don't know if I can trust them anymore :/.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh I do. I trust what the gurus and developers are saying.
  • Options
    ScarlettVeilScarlettVeil Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I understand that. All I am saying is that there is SO MUCH HATE going around for EA and the people who are working on this game. It's not needed and it is very much not the way to get things you want. We still have a little while until it comes out so many things could change in that time! And like I said NO ONE except the people working on this game really know what it is going to be like.
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry a toddler ran off with my trust for them and threw it into a pool.

<shakes head>
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    I understand that. All I am saying is that there is SO MUCH HATE going around for EA.

All of it well deserved.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'd like to make remarks about EA staff pretentious enough to use the title guru but I couldn't possibly comment on it at this time.

Soon.

Oh, something came up, things change.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    vtmo wrote:

Haha exactly. I don't know if I can trust them anymore :/.

I don't trust them because things changed. 8)
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    edited June 2014
    Badmagic wrote:
    I'd like to make remarks about EA staff pretentious enough to use the title guru but I couldn't possibly comment on it at this time.

Soon.

Oh, something came up, things change.

I love this! ^
    :mrgreen:
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Things change all the time with games that are going to release, though. I mean we still have a while until it actually releases.
  • Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll be getting it. I, like many others am disappointed by some of the things I've heard. But if the game really has a good emotional system, pathfinding, and a fun and crowded community lot experience, I'll be happy. There seems to be little talk about it, but I'm really hoping for restaurants like in The Sims 2. It might be expecting a bit much, but I'm not sure. They said rabbitholes are gone, so either there are restaurants or none at all. If not, I'm guessing they'll be in an expansion. I'll miss cast but it seems like there are a good variety of color options for everything. Don't care about pools and I'm sure they'll be released. I like toddlers, but I'm certain they'll be put in a free patch. I really have faith in that. It's lucky for me that I mainly play young adults. They seem to be rushing the game, but I hope they're doing that because they focused too much on the gameplay. The Sims 3 gets really boring. The Sims 4 would have to be really bad to deter me.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dezmeria wrote:
    Sorry a toddler ran off with my trust for them and threw it into a pool.

<shakes head>

:lol::lol:.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have been calm, that's for sure.

However, I still dont' trust the Gurus.

Things changed you know :wink:.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for your interesting response, Mysticmightg.

I'm not happy about no pools or toddlers but I know it's not a deal breaker for what could be an amazing game! :)
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2014
    You're probably not the only one, I'm sure you know that because there are equal the arguments on here of hates and likes of sims 4.

Frankly what reason has the simsguru's given me to trust they'll do right by their fans?

The comment "Things change" lead me to believe that obviously the person not loyal here is them not the fans.

The whole comment about a solid foundation when trying when the rest of the house is missing and costs regular price sounds like a real-estate salesmen who is trying to swindle me out my money.

Of course that's only to by the base game because while I wait for them to add toddlers and by expansions guess who they send back out.

The "Things Change" guy who says yeah we know you waited an entire series but me in the real-estate guy got your money now so yeah we didn't have time to put them in the game. But you know for 89.99 you can buy the next installment of the series and all the lifestages will be in it.

So the cycle repeats.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014
    :lol:

you know...im not even going to say anything.plenty of people said enough already.

all i will say is *im calm and cant wait for the game*
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    vtmo wrote:
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2014
    Things change all the time with games that are going to release, though. I mean we still have a while until it actually releases.

Awhile? Oh honey, two months is not awhile.

Yes I am sure in two months the developers will wave their magic plumbob wands and toddlers and anything else they left out will be in the game.

That is like Bethesda telling fans for a long time, "Dragons will be in Skyrim." Then two months before launch saying, "Well, we decided not to put dragons in the game."

It gets old....really old hearing the same answer over and over and over.
    Its like a darn parrot.

"(Squawk).."Things change...(Squawk)...Things change..."

Not trying to be an ****** or offend you hun, just a tad frustrated.
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited June 2014
    I trust the guru's because I know they're trying to make the best of their time and budget given. And I know they are passionate about the game. It's the higher ups at EA that are at fault in this one. Save time. Save money. Make money.

As for the game, I can't help but still feel excited for what is offered. I'm just an optimistic person. The game could still be very fun and enjoyable despite what's missing/added/changed, but I'm reserving full judgment until I've actually played it.

I still say people shouldn't just give up and boycott it. At very least I'd hope people would still give it a chance, see some unbiased reviews and videos about it. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm personally not excited about the game one iota. In fact it is shaping up to an epic FAIL the way things are going. But...

I do wish people would understand while they vent their frustrations the decision making here is not being done by Gurus, or developers, or any other front line EA team members. This is all likely being done on the mid and upper management levels. Game producers, Vice presidents and up. I am speaking directly to the poor initial decisions to be online only and major functionality losses we're seeing announced at the last minute as a result of that. With those people its all about bottom line and pleasing the shareholders. They really care less about the customers, especially if they have a niche product unchallenged like The Sims franchise.

The guys coding, and/or interacting with you can only feed the fan base information and their "gut" feelings on those decisions being made upward. And it usually falls on deaf ears. In their offices and hall ways they have monitors reminding them daily, in fact every few minutes, of the deadline date some corporate monkey decided on. Likely a "pit boss" breathing down their backs to get it done or else too. Trust me, I've worked in that environment in other corporations and it is a very intimidating and hostile environment.

At some point as a developer you have to say, "We can't do that in that little amount of time". It is just a reality of the industry. Been there done that many times in my life as a developer (now going on 15 years). Inevitably a management monkey makes the decision that you just need to remove this, or that, or even this and that, and we're done. As a developer (and here I imagine the gurus that too) you feel like crap for letting your customers down. But you do not have a choice, because those corporate monkeys are signing your checks and handing out bonuses and even deciding if you still have a job come review time. Your screwed if you don't and screwed if you do.

So I'll say trust the Gurus and/or developers want to give us what we want. The reality is, its not looking like they'll be allowed to deliver what they'd like. Just remember in your posts and replies, those people we deal directly with don't usually have an option but to do what they are told.

Regards,

Krammy (AKA a frustrated developer himself)
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2014
    EA, you might have thought that I trusted you, but clearly you "misunderstood" or maybe I just "misspoke," because things change, so in conclusion, no comment.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2014
    well I trust them 100% :D

Since I have no skin in the game as I won't be buying anything associated with TS4 :P

Getting ready for Oscar night at the TS4 forum. Which will be surely drowning with tears of frustration, disappointment, emotional anguish, and other Opera quality melodrama :lol:
  • Options
    FrostFlowerFrostFlower Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I am perfectly willing to believe that the gurus are working very hard to bring us the best game they possibly can and are trying to turn the lemons they've been given into lemonade and make the best of a difficult situation.

"Trusting the gurus," however, does not do much good when I absolutely do NOT trust their management. And unfortunately, management are the ones in charge.