Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Height - Teens, YA/A, Elders

Comments

• Options
    Vickia98Vickia98 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I can't believe I didn't notice that earlier. It's going to look really weird when they age from child to teen when the teens are so big, I mean I really love The sims but I must say I'm a little disappointed at The sims 4. I totally expected more. :(
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    I actually thought this game would be good, but nope.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    MattjamHoMattjamHo Posts: 206 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I can't say it bothers me all that much, I hate how teens look in TS3.

What I'd love to see back would be different voice per age. I loved having elders with crotchety old voices and teens would break and get pitchy.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't mind if there was a stage between child and teen, because people start growing and maturing to look more like adults as they get later into their teens, so it's not unrealistic. It just makes the age jump between child and teen too drastic, and as a story teller it makes it a lot harder to cover up the sudden jump. In playing just for fun it wouldn't be a super huge issue to me, but in story telling it's pretty major. And it would be kind of weird to be trying to hook my sim up with someone only to realize the other sim is a YA and mines only a teen or vice versa.
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ok how about we play a game called spot the teenager...

imagejpg1_zpsbe1c3bd1.jpg
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:

LMAO! I have that set as my desktop wallpaper and I literally just did that before coming on here to read new posts!

Great simmers think alike.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:

I bet it's chuck and that blonde girl.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:

It's the one with the grey hair and pink jacket...

Hey, I could see it happening...

Okay seriously, the blonde girl with the short shorts, and the way she's hanging on to the guy I guess him too. Maybe that red head girl 2 sims over. I don't know! This is a mean game. :x

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Chuck has a tattoo on his arm :P he's an YA unless teens can have tattoos o.O

@Mstybl95 :D we do indeed *highfive*
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:

Other then the little child

... They're all teens.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2014

Maybe they'll just make Sims grow from babies into adults.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    Eh doesn't bother me. Teens were too short IMO in TS3 and teens usually are the same height as adults now a days.

When I was a teen I was way shorter than both of my parents :?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Glic2003 wrote:

How did you get that signature? It's awesome!
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    Glic2003 wrote:

omg your signature is life xD
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:

LMAO :lol:
    I was just thinking about that right now. About how we may have already seen many Teenagers seeing as they have the same size as YA/Adults. EEk...
    I guess Chuck and the blonde girl with him, the girl with black/purple hair in green.
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm not saying they are/aren't the same height, but we haven't seen them outside of CAS. Well, according to some people, maybe we have, but we wouldn't know because they're all the same height...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think the girl in the green shirt and the guy in the purple pants are teens... Chuck has a tattoo so I think him and his lady friend are YA.

But seriously who knows, there is no distinguishing differences between teen, YA, and adult. They probably cut out the ability for teens to woohoo and called it a day.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think it is the fish.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:
    I think the girl in the green shirt and the guy in the purple pants are teens... Chuck has a tattoo so I think him and his lady friend are YA.

But seriously who knows, there is no distinguishing differences between teen, YA, and adult. They probably cut out the ability for teens to woohoo and called it a day.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 :lol:
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    Dan1el1996Dan1el1996 Posts: 124 Member
    edited June 2014
    I remember Grant said: the teens are 13-16 years old... and I was not as high as my parents when I was 13-16 years, and none of my friends either.

This:
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited June 2014
    Maybe they are going for CW teens... You know, 30 year-olds cast as 16 year-olds? :lol:

Joking aside, this is awful news if accurate. Worse than no toddlers for me, because I actually like playing as a teen in the Sims. If they are just adults who goto school, I'll be super disappointed. I've asked Graham twice, but he never replied back.
  • Options
    Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited June 2014
    Lazy.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2014
    chider1234 wrote:
    Glic2003 wrote:

How did you get that signature? It's awesome!

I actually made it myself in Photoshop. Some credit goes to The 🐸🐸🐸🐸, however, they were first to use the phrase, "Buy it suckers!"
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited June 2014
    The more I hear, the worse it gets. Add one more thing to the pile. If they are going to wow us, they better hurry up. This has turned into a better Sims Social, and I am having serious doubts that this won't crash and burn.
  • Options
    Vickia98Vickia98 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2014
    catitude5 wrote:
    The more I hear, the worse it gets. Add one more thing to the pile. If they are going to wow us, they better hurry up. This has turned into a better Sims Social, and I am having serious doubts that this won't crash and burn.
    I totally agree, I mean the sims even look like the ones in the sims social. In The sims 3 they made them more real looking but now they look more cartoonish, it just feels like a step back to me.