Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Explain to me how the sims 4 is "so much better"

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    That is so true. Everything they said they couldn't comment on ended up being left out of the game. I would not doubt it one bit if there's not any cars in the game. EA what have you done to the sims 4? There's nothing left.

It's like a bad break up. We are left with nothing but emotions.

That about sums it up..
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ghosts are out too. After all, they did only show a Sim dying from laughter and the grim, but no ghost!! *rushes to start a thread about no ghosts in the base game* After all, these kind of topics were always right lately, so?
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    k8tk8s wrote:
    Maybe it's just my artistic flare that is attracted to the way the game looks versus the plain Sims 3 look.

Or maybe you are dumb and gullible.

The only reason I'm being that mean (and truthful) it's because it's pathetic of you to imply you appreciate The Sims 4 while we don't because you have superior artistic taste.

You are just more easily convinced to pay more for less. That's all.

See, I can also write hurtful statements implying superiority.

Not that hard.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well I'd like to explain but I know will only get attacked if I do so. So this is a friendly bump for those people brave enough to post their positive opinion.
  • Options
    k8tk8sk8tk8s Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    k8tk8s wrote:
    Maybe it's just my artistic flare that is attracted to the way the game looks versus the plain Sims 3 look.

Or maybe you are dumb and gullible.

The only reason I'm being that mean (and truthful) it's because it's pathetic of you to imply you appreciate The Sims 4 while we don't because you have superior artistic taste.

Not that hard.

Excuse me. Seriously dude. I don't know why your panties are all up in a wad (oh wait, nevermind. I do know why. Because you hate the Sims 4) but I in KNOW WAY meant that as a superior post. I was simply stating that the new sims look very vibrant and animated which APPEALS to my artistic side because I am very into photography and may enter interactive media studies as a major (which includes video game design) and the way the Sims 4 looks just seems a lot prettier than the Sims 3. Please don't yell and make a scene on every single thread, which is what I see you doing a lot. You've made your point that you hate the game. I've made mine that I like it. You don't need to put me down. :roll:

I came on this thread to explain the good that I saw in the Sims 4 and just because you don't agree doesn't entitle you to attack me. Let me be happy with how the Sims 4 is turning out and I'll let you be sad about it.
  • Options
    kllfkllf Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    k8tk8s wrote:

Or maybe yrou are dumb and gullible.

Not that hard.
    Come on.. She only has her opinion and you have your opinion. Why dumb and gullible? I have the same opinion like her, I like how they looks ^^
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    k8tk8s wrote:

Or maybe yrou are dumb and gullible.

Not that hard.

That's not the implication I got from her post at all, and I found yours very upsetting. I don't think a person has to be gullible to like how the game looks - I mean, how the game looks is one of the few things we've actually seen, so it's not like she's basing her opinion on hearing someone say it looks good...
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sorry, but people are just plain rude in this forum. It's ridiculous. If the OP doesn't want a real opinion, than this thread was just created for bashing on those that are giving them.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    So wait, in CAS we can now pull and push body parts back and forth to change dimensions? Really, almost like a 'slider', so totally new and totally not exactly the same thing represented slightly differently visually. :hunf:
  • Options
    saranel81saranel81 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Well with no pools in the base game I guess that the classic sims death of drowning is out. I'm surprised that they have fountains and no pools. I mean honestly who uses the fountains anyway? I just wish that there was pools, I love making houses and having rooms that look out onto the pool…it's very nice looking.

Could we drown sims in fountains? Because that might make up for the loss of pools for me.

I mean, they made it so difficult to drown sims in TS3, they could at least let us have that in TS4.

Edit: Oh, and I personally like the way the game looks. I really do. But I like toddlers more. Gimme some toddlers, and I'll be a happy Sims 4 simmer.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tactile, powerful and intuitive emotions. Things change.
  • Options
    solosonyasolosonya Posts: 419 Member
    edited June 2014
    I feel if you want the sims 4 then you should get it. I personally feel they are not going to get my hard earned money when I am getting less for the higher price! Family life in the sims matters to me. Not having toddlers is just wrong. They have raised the price for what? I do not for see me spending my money on emotions. I have plenty of them myself. The only way I will buy it is if I am wowed by the game play. That means it runs like it is supposed to and I will not have to use mods and I will not miss not having toddlers.
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    edited June 2014
    No pools? Don't worry guys, they said we're going to have the most advanced system ever to make fountains. Fountain Sim 4.
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think the gurus were pushing for these things for us because they knew how much they added to the game and how important they were to the fans. After all the gurus themselves are fans of the game. But as the deadline got closer and they knew EA would not budge they had to cut out things that they knew they couldn't finish properly. They thought it would be better to not have it in the game then to have something that didn't work well. I truly believe they put out the best game they could with the time constraints they had on them. Now they are left with having to sell us an improved version of TS1. Basically that's what it sounds like we have with TS4. They should change the name to TS1.5. I kind of feel sorry for the gurus because they know many of the fans are going to be disappointed but they still have to sell it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm actually less worried about the pools than I am the deleting of the toddler age stage. I can live WITHOUT a pool and play the game just fine. Losing a VITAL age stage is completely unacceptable.

EA, you've just RUINED the game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    edited June 2014
    Truthfully No one knows what makes the Sims 4 better because we have never played it.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have played Sims since the very first one. I personally love to build and I feel part of building is having the ability to put a pool in your yard. It's a part of real life and it's been apart of Sims since the beginning. I love fountains, ponds and pools. I have a friend who says I can't build a Sim house without a fountain. I am obsessed with water features. And it's like an old, inside joke to kill or talk about killing your Sims via a good ol' pool drowning. Although there may be things I could live without and not miss that much, pools definitely aren't one of them. I know that there will be expansions and blah blah, and I hope that we get a pool ASAP... but I do feel like it should have been a part of the base game.

As far as toddlers go, they can be fun to play. They are a great asset to some story tellers. Sometimes they can be a pain in the butt when just playing around for fun, however, I am also going to sorely miss them. Like pools, they are a part of real life and have been apart of Sims for quit awhile.

I guess you could say the first expansion pack needs pools and toddlers to keep the game interesting and well rounded.

As far as CAStyle goes, I am also going to sorely miss it. However, if there is decent CC I may not miss it as much as pools and toddlers. With Sims 2, many people built using beautiful CC and didn't have many of the issues that CC users have had with Sims 3. I have hope that Sims 4 will be a good game... and until I have the game in my hands and there's been a couple of expansion packs, I will hold onto that hope. Hopefully I am not disappointed as Sims 4 progresses.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited June 2014
    I guess you'll have to play it and form your own opinion.
  • Options
    sofie981sofie981 Posts: 486 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hate the dried paint hair "shivers" :shock: but love that hats can go on top of all hairstyles. I kinda like hove the sims look but i can't say that the world is stunning compered to some of the ts3 worlds that can be full of lots, sims, cars ,svimmingpools etc. etc.
    But leaving out toddlers only shows that this game will be about the young adults and how much emotions they will have with each new ep. It does not feel like a sim game at all however nice it looks. I love the family generations wich is why i play the sims game, have legacies that have many ganerations of sims played in the past. Sims born in game that i grow to love and have fun with. Now the sim will lack a warmt and an ah how cute moment i have always enjoyed with the toddlers ever since we got them in 2. But i wish all who will buy and play ts4 the best and hope that your wishes and playstyles will be met by the game :wink: but for me my simexperience will die with 3 and i can't believe how sad i am :cry: