Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something about CaS

---

I stand corrected.

Comments

• Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited June 2014
    there is different swatches for outfits.

its not like the sims 2 where you just have the one outfit.

you have different color choices as well.

and some outfits actually have patterns and colored patterned along with just plain
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited June 2014
    But there is ahm0shinZ!@#!1!XD

And that sounds exactly like the sims 2. One outfit with multiple preset color options....
  • Options
    piccprincesspiccprincess Posts: 650 Member
    edited June 2014
    I haven't been able to find this information
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    While you don't have the option to pick any colour or pattern you choose, it seems the actually give you a fair few colour/pattern options for every item. That red sweater will come in more than red, and so will the bottoms you want to pair it with.

TBH after one of those CAS videos yesterday I'm less bothered by no CASt, still not pleased, but they seem to give us a fair amount of options.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't think people are realizing that CASt is more than just patterns....The way the clothes will work are as follows: Red sweater. No color choices. It's a red sweater. Goes well with that skirt except the color, but you can't change it.

The only color changing things I can see are skin, hair, and eyes, and they're all preset colors.

I'm becoming increasingly confused with this game.

The TS4 is an awful lot like the TS2 CAS in presets. What that means is you get so many preset colors of the same sweater. This is in TS2, too.

A green, a yellow and maybe a funky orange. Etc. But you are right you won't be able to change it to a pattern and change the pattern's color or shape etc. like we can in TS3. It does look like TS4 has more than the three or four presets we got in TS2 but I agree with you CASt is a lot more than just changing a color. I would miss it if I were buying TS4 but not now without toddlers in game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited June 2014

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/24/how-to-create-your-perfect-sim-in-the-sims-4

the video that first plays is like 13minutes long and you can see them change the color of cloths
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014

I think this was the video from yesterday that showed clothing a bit. http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/06/24/how-to-create-your-perfect-sim-in-the-sims-4

Edit: Ooops, beat to it.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited June 2014
    From what I've seen, it won't be quite that bad. You will have 2 or 3 color choices and perhaps a pattern or two. But, you won't be able to adjust the color at all beyond the choices given. Same with skin tones/hair/eyes. I have to say, this doesn't set well with me. I love making sims and adjusting all those things.

I am seriously disappointed in the tack this game is now taking. I tried to look on the bright side, but I'm having real trouble finding the bright side. I know there is amazing new physical adjustments, that should be fun..... But I'm not finding the charm. So, I will wait and hope this is not the disaster it appears to be, even though I'm rapidly losing hope.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    But we have EMOTIONS!
  • Options
    piccprincesspiccprincess Posts: 650 Member
    edited June 2014
    I stand corrected.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    But we have EMOTIONS!

And the sims are so tactile and intuitive, who needs CASt now?