Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A few things you need to get straight(Subject is close mods Please lock and delete this thread)

Hello to all,

About the sims 4 i think we should be grateful that we have lots of info from the sims gurus, but it do not mean we have to be disapointed if for said reason something that was confirm in the game has to be removed. As long as we do not have in or hands from the store or home delivered by eather ups or the regular postal service or downloaded the game via origin ea/maxi is the owner of the game and the developer and they are the one paying the millions to create the game, As a simmer i am grateful for the given info but know to be patient when it comes to waiting for new info. Even do they decided to remove the woohoo skill that was affecting the game rating is no reasons to start some petty arguments. You should apreciate the info that was given out since e3 and by july in 7 day from now i am sure we will get new info as well as by august when its gamescon 2014.

*edit this subject is close moderators please lock and delete this thread thank you
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    ea/maxi is the owner of the game and the developer and they are the one paying the millions to create the game.

Millions we have given them. It's our money, sweet heart.
  • Options
    jbishop122jbishop122 Posts: 42
    edited June 2014
    :thumbup: :thumbup: exactly Memina
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree with you Memina.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    if your only here to post criticts then do not come into my post
    reiserting a quote from another post
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree with this too. We know a lot about the game. EA is not going to release everything at once. We have been getting news almost every day since about two months ago. They are marketing the game to everyone not just the people on this forum. Others need to understand that.

The only problem I have with marketing is that it is so spread out and they neglect their official websites.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2014
    We pay for the game. They will make billions off of us. So it's well within our scope to be disappointed when they remove expected features. They also stand to lose a substantial amount of money if we decide not to buy the game.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    Memina11 wrote:

It's a free forum for discussion... Anyone should be able to post their opinion even if they don't agree with you.
  • Options
    pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree with this too. We know a lot about the game. EA is not going to release everything at once. We have been getting news almost every day since about two months ago. They are marketing the game to everyone not just the people on this forum. Others need to understand that.

The only problem I have with marketing is that it is so spread out and they neglect their official websites.

Think of it as feeding us tasty little tidbits to keep us excited about the game. :)
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sure they were hoping to get that woohoo skill in without raising the rating, and they could only blame Russia's gay propaganda law for so long before they had to face up to the fact that even outside of communist countries, people might not jump for joy about a skill based on sex in a video game for teens*! (*and older, of course)

But if they'd gone ahead and kept the skill, there'd be hundreds of posts every day from the teens who are upset that they can't play the game because a bunch of people insisted the woohoo skill must be replaced :lol: I would seriously laugh at that point, to be honest, because it's ridiculous how far EA will go to try and please everyone, and then in the end they usually don't please anybody at all :roll:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    We pay for the game. They will make billions off of us. So it's well within our scope to be disappointed when they remove expected features. They also stand to lose a substantial amount of money if we decide not to buy the game.
    You can be disappointed but the Gurus were honest from the beginning. They said anything can be added and removed up until the game goes gold. This is a new base game, there are no expected features.

EA is a gaming company. They are not forcing anyone to buy their product. What they sell is not something people need to live. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Most of the stuff people on the forums are disappointed about doesn't bother the average consumer enough not to purchase the game.

The people on the forum are not the majority of players. If all the regulars on the forum decided not to purchase the game, it wouldn't make a large enough dent in their sales for them to even care.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    You can be disappointed but the Gurus were honest from the beginning. They said anything can be added and removed up until the game goes gold. This is a new base game, there are no expected features.

EA is a gaming company. They are not forcing anyone to buy their product. What they sell is not something people need to live. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Most of the stuff people on the forums are disappointed about doesn't bother the average consumer enough not to purchase the game.

The people on the forum are not the majority of players. If all the regulars on the forum decided not to purchase the game, it wouldn't make a large enough dent in their sales for them to even care.

This is exactly what I think.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    I forgot to add this if the gurus saids no comments on the other life stages or pools the only reason they said this is because 1 they are not ready to give out this info yet and 2 they might have been told to wait before giving out this info so no matter how many time they will be ask they will only repeat the same answers

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    Hello to all,

About the sims 4 i think we should be grateful that we have lots of info from the sims gurus, but it do not mean we have to be disapointed if for said reason something that was confirm in the game has to be removed. As long as we do not have in or hands from the store or home delivered by eather ups or the regular postal service or downloaded the game via origin ea/maxi is the owner of the game and the developer and they are the one paying the millions to create the game, As a simmer i am grateful for the given info but know to be patient when it comes to waiting for new info. Even do they decided to remove the woohoo skill that was affecting the game rating is no reasons to start some petty arguments. You should apreciate the info that was given out since e3 and by july in 7 day from now i am sure we will get new info as well as by august when its gamescon 2014.

Memina, Graham didn't say it was affecting the rating. He said
    @SimsVIP For a bit it was changed to a hidden skill, then removed entirely. People weren't comfortable with the implications and our rating.

He was saying that some people weren't comfortable with the skill because of the T rating.

I understand it doesn't bother you because you're happy it's no longer there. I for one am disappointed it's gone. I just hope that they aren't compelled to remove other things that will make the game silly and fun once again. TS3 seems to be more of an E+ game and I'd love to see TS4 stretch it's possibilities.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I understand it doesn't bother you because you're happy it's no longer there. I for one am disappointed it's gone. I just hope that they aren't compelled to remove other things that will make the game silly and fun once again. TS3 seems to be more of an E+ game and I'd love to see TS4 stretch it's possibilities.

It was just hidden is not REALLY a big deal.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014

If you read the Twitter post it does say it was changed to a hidden skill. It did start out as a skill and some people complained. It was changed to a hidden skill and then removed entirely.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    reiserting a quote from another post

It is great that you are grateful to EA, but not everybody feels the same way and is not obligated to feel like you do. I am very cautious in what EA/Maxis says because all is not written in gold until the product is written in gold and being this is EA/Maxis forum you know "Do not come into my post" does not work here. If some people feel that EA/Maxis is not doing a superb job they have a right to post that. However, EA/Maxis is going to do what it wants to do and the way I see it, it can go either way on and after 2 Sep 2014. IMO Sims 4 sounds good and all even if they snatched out some features but something else here is in question, EA/Maxis track record on releasing quality games that works like it should and EA/Maxis sucks on that. Why should I be excited for Sims 4 when they preached the same speech for Sims 3 and where did that lead people and it was no third party that created it like Sims Socities was. Some people just do not trust anything EA/Maxis puts out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2014
    thanks for the laugh memina
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited June 2014
    Something that you need to get straight.....

you mean something some people need to get straight

and you can get this straight...

Those millions that they spend are millions that they got from their customers. We have the right to criticize anyone who provides us with goods or services that we pay for.

I don't really care for all this doom and gloom in the forums lately, but hey I paid for my game in full already and I've bought expansions for the sims 3, and sims 2, worlds and store content.

I'm a paying customer I'll ask a question if I get the flyin feel to ask one.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

If you read the Twitter post it does say it was changed to a hidden skill. It did start out as a skill and some people complained. It was changed to a hidden skill and then removed entirely.

I don't know I don't really care. Sims wohoo under sheet covers I don't know what difference a wohoo skill could do XD learn the kama sutra positions? That would completely change the rating lol I guess I never thought it was a possible thing in the game to start with so...
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kail16 wrote:

Those millions that they spend are millions that they got from their customers. We have the right to criticize anyone who provides us with goods or services that we pay for.

I don't really care for all this doom and gloom in the forums lately, but hey I paid for my game in full already and I've bought expansions for the sims 3, and sims 2, worlds and store content.

Agreed.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:

:thumbup:
    Kail16 wrote:

Nobody forced you to pre-order. Pre-ordering a game doesn't mean it gives you any rights on what the result is going to look like.
    I spent a lot of money on Sims 3 but that was my own choice. Had I not liked the game I wouldn't have done that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kail16 wrote:

• Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:

THANK YOU. So many people here are acting like they are being forced to buy the game. If they don't like what they see that's fine. Just don't buy it then! But don't come here complaining about every little thing that hasn't been confirmed. Even if you buy it an don't like it you can always return it. People are forgetting that it's just a game, not a way of life.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited June 2014
    I guess I don't really believe in the concept of consumer gratitude. EA is company with a product. They want me to buy the product. It is up to them to sell it to me. Convince me to buy it. If gratitude comes into the equation at all, they owe it to me.
  • Options
    Timitu9Timitu9 Posts: 96 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would hate to wake up tomorrow and learn everything about the game. That would suck. I enjoy waiting for information. And I hope I do not know everything the moment I am buying the game. Two months of already knowing everything and just waiting for the game. That would suck. I want to know major things yes. But they have two months. I won't freak out till much closer to the release date. Then if there is a reason to freak out it will be obvious to everyone. Right now it is just a waste of energy in my eyes.
    CanadaDaySig.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top