Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maternity Wear Sims 3 Store Set Petition Updated* 110 & Counting!!

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    JWgirl28JWgirl28 Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2014
    sign me up too, we need better maternity wear!
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited June 2014
    Bumping with images of more Store content that could be converted ;)

Thumbnail_128x128.png Thumbnail_128x128.png
    Stylistically similar to the top half of the trench coat outfit from Seasons, which is maternity-enabled. Also, the first one is Steampunk! So that would make the Steampunk requesters happy :)

Thumbnail_128x128.png
    It's even got 'baby' in the name! :lol:

Thumbnail_128x128.png Thumbnail_128x128.png Thumbnail_128x128.png
    Three lovely long dresses that somewhat-resemble the Maxi Dress from Generations. The third picture above is even called 'Maxi Dress'! :lol:

I've actually seen expecting ladies in my town wear something like these. Would be really cute to see :D
    Also, I swear I've seen the second one as maternity wear on a person's Simblr :shock: If I ever find the blog again, I'll be sure to post a picture.

Because I'm pretty sure fairies get pregnant too! :wink: :P

Because mommies-to-be need more swimwear options. Desperately. :shock:

And sleepwear options. :shock: :shock: If I see that default nightgown one more time...
    On a related note, pregnant Sims in TS2 wore pajamas when pregnant. I'm very surprised that option was never given in TS3. :hunf:

Thumbnail_128x128.png Thumbnail_128x128.png Thumbnail_128x128.png Thumbnail_128x128.png Thumbnail_128x128.png
    AND Outerwear! :shock: :shock: :shock: For all the assets we get for YA/A women in the Store, why are pregnant women so neglected???
    Not to mention, those would look really cute! :wink:

Stopping here because I don't want to break the thread with so many pictures. PLEASE DON'T QUOTE THIS POST!
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    PearlDiva2PearlDiva2 Posts: 370 New Member
    edited June 2014

I don't either

I know the last creations have been talked about for a long time though... but so have maternat wear and kids items and long hair.... so have most things....

in reality I think it is about catching the creators eye and inspire them...

so yes a siggy helps
    tweeting could help
    mention it could help
    even makeing creations for maternaty wear using what we got could help
    talking about it in the official thread for ideas could help
    posting pictures here could help

but in the end I think it is luck[/quote]

I agree with you. It all helps and it's more of a waiting game. We will wait and see.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Naley22 wrote:
    I have twitter! what should i write in my tweet?

edit. hows this? but only to the sims or the gurus too?

tweet.jpg

Lol thank you very much N a l e y 22!! lol.
    If you want I think it would be cool to tweet the gurus a link to our petition.

Maybe if you lovely simmers want we can post more pics(that don't break the thread) of cute maternity wear we'd like to see.

@nyosim Thank you for making a banner!! Yes I banner would be nice. I'd love to include some sims in maternity wear too. But Ive never tried making a banner before.

@pixiegamer I love that you're posting pics for cute clothes in the store that could possibly be enabled for maternity wear. Thank you for posting!
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited June 2014
    Here are a few more current store outfits that would be adorable if enabled as Maternity.

Thumbnail_200x200.pngThumbnail_200x200.pngThumbnail_200x200.png

I'm sure there are many others.

I'd love to see some tops and things that are far better than the drab oversized tshirts, like these:
    sell-maternity-clothes-extra-cash-800x800.jpg
    maternity-clothesmaternity-latest-news-photos-and-videos-lilsugar-lilsugar-page-2-zvxqcivq.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2012-09-01-at-3.37.36-PM.png41GeSrlGZzL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg
  • Options
    Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited June 2014
    those shirts are soooo nice SeriphinaFyie!
  • Options
    owlcityfan4evaowlcityfan4eva Posts: 279 Member
    edited June 2014
    I totally am signing this. There are a lot of cute outfits from the store that could easily be maternity ware. I love playing with families but I always have the same outfits on. I really would love maternity clothes.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    yea a few tops could go a long way with the pants we already got....

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    artist1028artist1028 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Add me! New maternity wear is desperately needed, especially for those of us without generations installed! Thanks for starting this thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    artist1028 wrote:
    Add me! New maternity wear is desperately needed, especially for those of us without generations installed! Thanks for starting this thread.

oh yes that EP alone almost double the maternaty wear.... I feel sorry for you if you don't have it
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @owlcityfan4eva and artist1028
    Woohoo!! Thank you for signing and showing your support! :) And thank you for all the other simmers out there you have signed. We are already at 110 Signatures! Which I think is pretty outstanding. Great job everyone!

@SeriphinaFyie Ooo nice! Those tops are adorable. Thank you for sharing and supporting. :)

Happy simming everyone Congrats on 110 siggies!! ♥
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hey PearlDiva2,

SimGuruCopeland posted this over in the August Speculation Thread a few pages ago:
    Player feedback is an important part of the design process, but I think people are overthinking how much petitions factor into how we make new content for the Sims 3 Store. With very few exceptions, petition don’t carry any more weight than when people post an idea in the new ideas sticky I have at the top of the forums. Cool ideas are cool ideas, it doesn’t matter how many people type “signed”. As a matter of fact, having someone just say, “signed” actually muddies up things because it doesn’t give me any usable context for what they like about the idea. Even if they used Cinderella’s 1-10 “WANT” rating that gives me some track-able data. When people articulately and constructively express what they don’t like about an idea, I can find that really helpful too.

And don’t be offended if your petition with hundreds of signatures doesn’t get made. There are lots of different factors that go into each set and player feedback is only a facet of it.

Other factors include (but aren’t limited too):
    • How well can the Sims 3 Store deliver on this item? Can we knock it out of the park?
    • What are the technical limitations?
    • How popular is the theme?
    • Have we done anything like that recently?
    • What is the overall impact on the game?

I think it might be helpful to go through the points he brings up towards the end and see how new maternity wear could apply to them. I've attempted a start below, but it would really help if all/most of the people who signed this petition could add to it :)

• How well can the Sims 3 Store deliver on this item? Can we knock it out of the park?
    --Can't really comment on this point as, to my knowledge, the only maternity outfit currently on the store is this one. However, the Sims 3 Store team have given us amazing CAS assets since the Store's inception, so it couldn't be too much of a stretch to say that the Store could give us some amazing maternity outfits :thumbup:

--I'm not too familiar with how the programming/graphics for maternity in TS3 works, but I believe it would require a mesh. :? SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG ON THIS.
    --Theoretically, the CAS assets would need to be (re)programmed to accommodate pregnancy - for example, a Sim should be wear this outfit throughout her pregnancy; the game shouldn't default to an established maternity outfit if a certain outfit was to be maternity-enabled.

And of course, there are pros and cons of enabling vs making new content:
    --Enabling already-existing content would lend more variety, but would require reprogramming of multiple outfits. However, assuming the programming for CASt and the sliders are all in place, I imagine this would involve adding a chunk of programming to an already-existing body of code. Computer graphics-wise, the clothes would need to be rendered and bump-mapped to not look 'stretched' over a Sim's belly (for example, if a dress had a polka-dot pattern, then the pattern should remain intact as the belly grows; the dots shouldn't expand with the belly).
    --New content would require much the same, but may be easier/harder to make depending on how much time it takes to create a new CAS outfit and incorporate the maternity wear programming. However, in both cases, the basic programming for maternity wear and the pregnancy cycle should already exist via the base game.

Please note the above is mostly theoretical. I've had minimal experience with computer graphics and 3D models, so I'm taking as educated a guess as I can.

--I know SGCopeland said the number of sigs is irrelevant in context, but 110 is pretty high :thumbup: If nothing else, it shows how many people would be interested in buying this kind of set if it came out.

--No. The last (and only, to my knowledge) Store item that was maternity-enabled came out in April 2013, over a year ago.

--This is hard to quantify as 'impact' is subjective to one's own experiences. Pregnancy has been around since the base game, and regardless of how many clothes we get, the dynamics of it are not going to change*. However, it's worth noting that, at least by account of this thread, we only have 21 TOTAL maternity options for pregnant ladies in our game, or fewer if one doesn't have the expansion packs or store dress that add to the 7 that came with the base game. Variety is severely lacking, and maternity wear is, without some extremely creative interpretations, restricted largely to one "theme" (ex., no Steampunk maternity wear, no cultural maternity wear, no futuristic maternity wear, etc). The Store team could easily double the number of maternity options with a single store set, while simultaneously addressing these themes as they have previously done with numerous other sets in the Store.

*This of course could also change if we get some sort of premium content that would add to the dynamics of pregnancy in the game. A suggestion is a special kind of cake, which, when selected, could change an existing house party into a baby shower as suggested by PearlDiva2 in the original post of this thread. This could have similar dynamics to the already-existing Partaeus Maximus statue that came with the Limited Edition of University Life.

Also, if you're really looking for a scale of 1-10 on how much I would want this, with 1 being 'not at all' and 10 being 'shut up and take my money', my rating would be a 9.3 :P
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I just realized the Store team has done enabling before, with select pieces incorporated as Outerwear. Granted, it isn't as complicated as enabling for maternity (what with adjusting the clothes so they would work with the bump), but if it has happened before...
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited June 2014
    pixiegamer wrote:
    Hey PearlDiva2,

SimGuruCopeland posted this over in the August Speculation Thread a few pages ago:
    Player feedback is an important part of the design process, but I think people are overthinking how much petitions factor into how we make new content for the Sims 3 Store. With very few exceptions, petition don’t carry any more weight than when people post an idea in the new ideas sticky I have at the top of the forums. Cool ideas are cool ideas, it doesn’t matter how many people type “signed”. As a matter of fact, having someone just say, “signed” actually muddies up things because it doesn’t give me any usable context for what they like about the idea. Even if they used Cinderella’s 1-10 “WANT” rating that gives me some track-able data. When people articulately and constructively express what they don’t like about an idea, I can find that really helpful too.

And don’t be offended if your petition with hundreds of signatures doesn’t get made. There are lots of different factors that go into each set and player feedback is only a facet of it.

Other factors include (but aren’t limited too):

I think it might be helpful to go through the points he brings up towards the end and see how new maternity wear could apply to them. I've attempted a start below, but it would really help if all/most of the people who signed this petition could add to it :)

--Can't really comment on this point as, to my knowledge, the only maternity outfit currently on the store is this one. However, the Sims 3 Store team have given us amazing CAS assets since the Store's inception, so it couldn't be too much of a stretch to say that the Store could give us some amazing maternity outfits :thumbup:

--I'm not too familiar with how the programming/graphics for maternity in TS3 works, but I believe it would require a mesh. :? SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG ON THIS.
    --Theoretically, the CAS assets would need to be (re)programmed to accommodate pregnancy - for example, a Sim should be wear this outfit throughout her pregnancy; the game shouldn't default to an established maternity outfit if a certain outfit was to be maternity-enabled.

And of course, there are pros and cons of enabling vs making new content:
    --Enabling already-existing content would lend more variety, but would require reprogramming of multiple outfits. However, assuming the programming for CASt and the sliders are all in place, I imagine this would involve adding a chunk of programming to an already-existing body of code. Computer graphics-wise, the clothes would need to be rendered and bump-mapped to not look 'stretched' over a Sim's belly (for example, if a dress had a polka-dot pattern, then the pattern should remain intact as the belly grows; the dots shouldn't expand with the belly).
    --New content would require much the same, but may be easier/harder to make depending on how much time it takes to create a new CAS outfit and incorporate the maternity wear programming. However, in both cases, the basic programming for maternity wear and the pregnancy cycle should already exist via the base game.

Please note the above is mostly theoretical. I've had minimal experience with computer graphics and 3D models, so I'm taking as educated a guess as I can.

--I know SGCopeland said the number of sigs is irrelevant in context, but 110 is pretty high :thumbup: If nothing else, it shows how many people would be interested in buying this kind of set if it came out.

--No. The last (and only, to my knowledge) Store item that was maternity-enabled came out in April 2013, over a year ago.

--This is hard to quantify as 'impact' is subjective to one's own experiences. Pregnancy has been around since the base game, and regardless of how many clothes we get, the dynamics of it are not going to change*. However, it's worth noting that, at least by account of this thread, we only have 21 TOTAL maternity options for pregnant ladies in our game, or fewer if one doesn't have the expansion packs or store dress that add to the 7 that came with the base game. Variety is severely lacking, and maternity wear is, without some extremely creative interpretations, restricted largely to one "theme" (ex., no Steampunk maternity wear, no cultural maternity wear, no futuristic maternity wear, etc). The Store team could easily double the number of maternity options with a single store set, while simultaneously addressing these themes as they have previously done with numerous other sets in the Store.

*This of course could also change if we get some sort of premium content that would add to the dynamics of pregnancy in the game. A suggestion is a special kind of cake, which, when selected, could change an existing house party into a baby shower as suggested by PearlDiva2 in the original post of this thread. This could have similar dynamics to the already-existing Partaeus Maximus statue that came with the Limited Edition of University Life.

Also, if you're really looking for a scale of 1-10 on how much I would want this, with 1 being 'not at all' and 10 being 'shut up and take my money', my rating would be a 9.3 :P

VERY well stated! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    well said pixiegamer

though I'm on a 10 in wanting it....
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited June 2014
    I LOVE the pink Sweatshirt dress with the WIDE band at the bottom. That she wears over black leggings. I also LOVE the blue skirt, white shirt, yellow belt combo
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @pixiegamer Thank you so much for adding that quote. I would love if the other signers would answer the following questions as well so that we can create this amazing spectacle. this was some helpful information that we can put into practice and incorporate in the petition. So without further a due let's get those creative juices flowing.

What does your ideal maternity wear set from the sims 3 store look like?
    My Ideal Maternity Wear Set:
    Theme Words: holistic, earthy, form fitting, feminine, flowy, whimsical, girly, modern, nurturing, warm,
    All outfits are maternity enabled but can also be worn by females in game that are not pregnant. Possible ages for clothes Teen to Elder.

♥Include one new maternity enabled bikini swimsuit.
    ♥One full outfit the kind with a short dress and jacket. Which can be used for day time wear, formal wear and outerwear.
    ♥One full outfit which is a cute short sleeve top with a form fitted floor length skirt. Which can be used for day time wear and formal wear.
    ♥Two beautiful floor length form fitted dresses one short sleeved, one no sleeves, which could be recolored for day time wear and formal wear or a wedding dress.
    ♥One full outfit similar to the one in generations with a top, leggings and maybe a jacket or scarf. All form fitting. Can be used for day time, formal, night, outerwear, athletic
    ♥Two new form fitted maternity tops
    ♥One maternity floor length form fitted skirt.
    ♥One pair of leggings to be used as bottoms.
    ♥Two new hairs:
    One bra length wavy (ethnic) hair with lots of body with a side part.
    Another long looser wave hair that falls past bra length with a possible hair accessory.
    Premium Content Item: Yoga Mat (which can be used by Children to Elder ages).
    Mommies can do Prenatal yoga and get a moodlet "relaxing baby and me" +20
    The moodlet can help alleviate the back ache moodlet.

What are the disadvantages towards having a sims 3 set or having a patch upgrade to enable existing store clothes (technical limitations)?

The disadvantages towards having a patch to enable maternity wear with all of the store's female clothing items is that I have to update all my mods that make my game awesome and some modders might not be willing to do another patch update.

How popular is this theme or how can it be incorporated with another popular theme?
    I find this theme quite popular. It has been a complaint with the lack of maternity wear and the crazy outfits pregnant women wear with high heels in game since the beginning of sims 3. Simmers might not have argued for it enough in the beginning when we were getting new expansion packs etc, but now that things are coming to an end quickly our voices are coming louder in hopes that yes this is still a desire and something we wish to have. It never left and it's not new.
    100 plus signatures and counting means we have a voice. And even though they say regardless of the signatures it's something that matters and is worth thinking more about.
    Even though if one just has the base game sans mods maternity lasts three days. Those are some horrible three days when one has a theme or story telling that is completely ruined by some messed up maternity wear.

This theme can be incorporated with other wants and desires such as THE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE PETITION ;) or include Ethnic Hairstyles, Long Hair, Long Curly Hair.
    Can you dig it?

Has the sims 3 store done a set like this or similar to it?
    The sims 3 store has NEVER done a maternity set.
    A similar theme to family would be the awesome Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes we had. Which blindsides me that they wouldn't include maternity wear in that set.

What is the overall impact for the game? Or in other words what will it do for you and your game play? please be specific, include details and other information.

I play my game to create families, to do story telling and to simulate real life.
    By having a variety of cute maternity options I get to live out a more real life simulation of my game play and story telling.
    This will help when taking pictures in game of families, and having maternity photo shoots to hang around the house in the family home.
    What it does is help my game come alive. Pregnancy and family is a huge part of my personal life. To have it ignored in my game play leaves me feeling angry and aggravated because then I am forced to choose between keeping my game from crashing or installing more CC that enables how I wish to play my game.

I also DO NOT plan on purchasing the sims 4. I enjoy sims 3 and have spent a lot of money to enhance my game play with expansion packs and store content. I do not wish to continue spending more money on future expansion packs and store content for the sims 4 while I still enjoy playing the sims 3 and do not plan to stop once sims 4 comes out. I also do not want to update my computer to allow the reccomendations that are needed to run the sims 4.

Basically to upgrade to the sims 4 is a waste of time, energy and money for me especially when I have a wonderful game that I have yet discovered all of it's gems and have already invested so much time, money and attention to it. I mean amazing that we can create our own sims 3 worlds, amazing that we can build elaborate houses, amazing with so many expansion packs and store content and just everything that's in the game all the possibilites and story lines I can create.
    Therefore having the maternity set for the sims 3 helps me to continue play the game that I love the way that I love and enjoy playing it.

How much is my desire for this set on a scale of 1-10?
    10!

Happy Simming everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Questions to answer

Why do you want or what do you like about a maternity wear set?

What does your ideal maternity wear set look like?

How can the sims 3 store team knock this set out of the park?

What will a maternity wear set do for your gameplay or impact overall?

What would be some technical issues of a maternity wear set or enabled maternity wear?

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not so much and 10 being ABSOLUTE MUST, where do you fall in your desire to have a maternity wear set?

What are some pros and cons to a maternity wear set?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Friendly bump :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Why do you want or what do you like about a maternity wear set?
    Nice every day comfy looking out fits, with great recolor options, some swimsuit and outdoor wear + maybe a formal outfit and some sleepwear... a little vararity...

What does your ideal maternity wear set look like?

the casual everyday and the bohemianset... and the rusian set (for outwear) and the hibster set

How can the sims 3 store team knock this set out of the park?
    well they don't need to make new outfits... if they could just patch the old ones to be maternaty wear...
    but thats likely not posible... and as they have no cas artis at this time... I don't know... but I know that they have made a few things maternaty enabled in the past...

What will a maternity wear set do for your gameplay or impact overall?
    playing a legacy I see my sim pregnant a lot... it be nice if more of the clothes was useful in that state of life...

What would be some technical issues of a maternity wear set or enabled maternity wear?
    I don't know, but I'm guesing it is posible... atleast on new items

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not so much and 10 being ABSOLUTE MUST, where do you fall in your desire to have a maternity wear set?

What are some pros and cons to a maternity wear set?
    pro; diversity on pregnant sims
    con: I have enough clothes for female YA/adult.... so would prefere it in a patch...

• Options
    Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited July 2014
    love the new outfits Nyosim

i want this!! :(
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Count me in!
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg