Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone sticking to the Sims 3 for a while?

Comments

• Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited June 2014
    I will be sticking with sims 3 for a while too. There are so many things to do in it still and I have invested too much in it.Besides nowadays I do not have the time to play as much as I did before.

I am also not saying I wont ever buy sims 4 but not for a long long time.
  • Options
    tyleytyley Posts: 83 Member
    edited June 2014
    I want TS4, but not for several months after release. That being said, I still love TS3 and play it often. I have all the EPs and lots of store content. My game is still so much fun to play. I won't be giving up on TS3 any time soon!
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    I will almost certainly buy the Sims 4 but not when it first comes out. Like most new games the Sims 4 will probably have issues. I think by Christmas, patches will have been released and the game will go on sale, so I'll probably get it then.

I do intend to watch YouTube "Let's Plays" so if it really impresses me, then I'll get it earlier.
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited June 2014
    I like what I've seen of TS4 so far, but nothing so good as to convince me to pay the asking price for it. :shock: I'll probably wait until a sale, or at least a proper business expansion. :lol:

I'll be staying with TS3, but I've found myself bored by it whenever I go in to play families. I think I'll actually go back to TS2 - expansions are relatively cheap now if I want to flesh out my game, and I haven't really fully explored it anyway ;)
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    megan2000megan2000 Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2014
    No, I've pretty much lost all interest in Sims 3. I might play Sims 2 for a while before I move on to Sims 4.
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes, if for no other reason than after all the money I have invested in Sims3 I will be playing for the foreseeable future, there is still loads of stuff I have not even tried out yet.

Sims4 can wait, might snap it up at the end of its run.....

Sims4....Loading screens for everything.....even lots! No thanks!
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited June 2014
    Absolutely sticking with Sims 3. Love this game with it's open world and the ability to customise everything ... exactly what they removed from Sims 4.
    I just can't go back to loading screens and furniture in just one colour!
    Not to mention it looks like a childrens movie, the plastic lumpy hair was probably the last straw for me. And don't even get me started on those ridiculous "perky" walks!
  • Options
    GeorgiePlopsyGeorgiePlopsy Posts: 7
    edited June 2014
    I'm definitely sticking with the sims 3 for the foreseeable future.
    I was interested in the idea of ts4 but since it is less than a few months until release and there are still no computer specs released, it worried me I have to say. Now I'm thinking that it will be a definite no-no until I've seen players reviews (honest ones, not those that give it a fab review just because it is a Sims game) and even then I won't be completely giving up ts3 (I still play both 1 and 2 as well haha)

Plus I'm currently building my first world for sims 3 so I want to be able to play that for a while too haha :)
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2014
    Me. The Sims 4 has some amazing features, but at the moment there are too many compromises for me to see it as a step forward. I was still struggling with the idea of losing CASt, a tool I use every single time I play, when the news came about the mostly-closed neighborhoods and now I'm not even on the fence any more. TS4 looks better in terms of gameplay, but I can't move on because I'm too used to Sims 3's worlds and customisation to accept what is, on these fronts imo, regression. I may yet be convinced, but I'll have to be really impressed before I part with my money this time. Come on EA, win me over.
  • Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll be sticking with Sims 3 for a lot longer than a while.

Sims 4 from what I've seen, looks like a cartoon. The new build features look nice, but not enough to compensate for Sims stuck with shiny plastic hair.

I won't be buying it.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2014
    Despite my reservations I did pre-order TS4 some time ago. However I have been seriously unimpressed with the news coming out of E3. I remain particularly upset over the loss of CAS and whilst others might want a throw back to TS2 with closed worlds I don't.

So it looks like I am sticking with TS3 for now. And I am happy to given the friends I have here and all the things I have yet to do with TS3 :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll be sticking with the sims 3 for a long while. I have all of the EPs/Sps and 1 world (Hidden Springs) and i'm currently only playing the base game. The price of the game seems very high to me so I'll be waiting until the price drops significantly. I'm loving the sims 3 and am really enjoying having a well running, fast base game that allows me to play with multiple sims in 1 town. I'm also having my sims get into collecting and the skill challenges which is something that I've never done before. I'm also enjoying using CASt and trying out new patterns that I've never used before.

There is so much stuff that I haven't done in the sims 3 (including just in the base game), that I'll be playing it for a long while. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    I can't wait for TS4. I'm so tired of robotic Sims. I want goofy, crazy, emotional Sims. It's gotten to the point where I'll open TS3, build a little and close the game again. I'm more likely to play TS2 than 3.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    stapeliadstapeliad Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm staying with Sims 3 (and 2) until Sims 4 offers something that I can get excited about. So far it hasn't.

Additionally, I think the building capabilities will be pretty limited and it's kind of silly for sims to get depressed over the color blue, for example...
  • Options
    MartuniMartuni Posts: 702 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, I'm in the minority but I LOVE something new and I've pre-ordered Sims 4. The day it arrives I plan to dive in and see what it has to offer.

I am heavily into CAS and building in Sims 3, so I'm a little afraid I'll be disappointed in Sims 4, but I still couldn't stand NOT to see for myself what it's like.

I don't even know if it's possible, but my dream is that EA will offer a Sims 4 EP with create-a-style at some point. Then I will be in heaven. :-)

To answer your question, I will leave Sims 3 on my computer until I decide if Sims 4 is right for me or not.

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2014
    I will be playing Sims 3 for some time to come. Currently I am in the midst of building my world world, and learning how at the same time. Should work out well, no?

I have a lot of content for Sims 3, much of it I haven't yet utilized. Life states I haven't played, careers I haven't even tried, just a ton of things left to do.

I don't find problems with lagging and crashing, aside from the occasional one - it is really very rare. My lots are sufficiently busy and my sims don't act like robots - so I guess I am happy with all of that.

I will get Sims 4 and play that, too. But it lacks a lot of what I have come to love about Sims 3. There's room in my life for both.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll be getting sims 4 for, if nothing else, the personalities. I get so tired of the sims basically all doing the same thing. In the sims 2, it was very cute but got boring to me after 3 was announced. Now I'm almost at the same spot. The sims 3 is becoming boring simply for the fact that I'm still getting lots of lag and freezing, even with cutting back on cc and Twallan's OW. I love all my simmies in sims 3 and hopefully, plan on still playing, especially with CASt still there.

I am excited about sims 4 and can't wait until they show "live" gameplay.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sticking with it. Was a little impressed at first with Sims 4, but seeing more of it and the trailer has made me completely uninterested. So no Sims 4 for me, just 1, 2 & 3
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited June 2014
    The sims 4 does have an open world...it's like you can live in Bridgeport but take a train to vist friends in sunset valley
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2014
    bshag4lv wrote:
    I'll be getting sims 4 for, if nothing else, the personalities. I get so tired of the sims basically all doing the same thing. In the sims 2, it was very cute but got boring to me after 3 was announced. Now I'm almost at the same spot. The sims 3 is becoming boring simply for the fact that I'm still getting lots of lag and freezing, even with cutting back on cc and Twallan's OW. I love all my simmies in sims 3 and hopefully, plan on still playing, especially with CASt still there.

I am excited about sims 4 and can't wait until they show "live" gameplay.

I am pretty excited to see the possibility of a true successor to Sims 2. I will gladly put up with a few loading screens (as long as they are not ridiculous) to get back to where we were. All the open world really got us was an unstable game. I am confident that CasT will be back soon and we will be able to customize as much as we want.

The whole moodlet system was such a step backwards. Reading about how they feel instead of seeing it basically gave us robotic Sims.

But I will be playing both and probably mostly TS3 for the first couple of years.
  • Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited June 2014
    fatbat21 wrote:
    The sims 4 does have an open world...it's like you can live in Bridgeport but take a train to vist friends in sunset valley
    That's incorrect.
    How TS4 is setup is there is only one world with five districts and only five open lots within each district at a time. Anytime you leave a district you're hit with a loading screen.

What you described was a completely open world with no districts and well over 25 lots traveling to another completely open world with over 25 lots. That's not what ts4 is going to be like at all.
  • Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am going to be playing TS3 for the foreseeable future. I'm wholly unimpressed with TS4, though I'm sure once some cc comes out it will looks pretty nice. Still, when I remember there is no CASt, I get sad. Sometime when I'm not in the mood to play, I will just decorate a room and recolor everything. Spending time getting my sims looking just right is enjoyable too, and lots of the fun is in recoloring everything. It's a huge part of the game for me.

So yeah, I'll be here. :)
  • Options
    SarahE_IsMeSarahE_IsMe Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know I'll eventually get TS4, but I'm not sure when. There are still things I can do in TS3 and I've never been bored with it. At the same time, TS4 looks good (except the semi-closed world and the thought of returning to loading screens).

TL;DR - I don't know.
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2014
    The more I hear about the game, the less and less I like it. No create-a-style was a big blow. And then the art style is a little too cartoonish and sim behaviors a little too goofy. They went overboard on the humor aspect.

I was willing to accept that for the sake of more interesting sims, but now I find out that we are back to a closed world, or at least a semi-closed world and these neighborhoods only have 5 lots in them. 5!

No. I can't buy into this, not day 1. :P
    If I get The Sims 4, it will be if and when...

*There are 3-4 EPs, and one of them is a Seasons EP, and one of the EPs is combined with the base game.

*The CC community is firmly established, because I am going to need CC to tone down that overly cartoonish art style

*EA offers Towns with neighborhoods that have 10-20 lots in them. I will not buy this game if there are only 5 lots per neighborhood. Period!

*The game supports 64-bit systems. Get with the times EA, nearly everyone has a 64 bit hardware and operating system these days.

*There are tools for retexturing content and creating your own world. CASt was one of my favorite features and I want to edit my content. I want to create my own towns because EA is obsessed with making this game work for low end computers. I will go large if I can.

I am sticking with TS3. My sims maybe robotic, and their faces will not be as diverse, but the game is paid for and I have a lot of content that I have yet to use and features that I have only used once or twice since so many EPs, SPs, and store content was constantly rolling out. I have an open world. I have create-a-style, and I have a heck of a lot of content.

I have not gotten my moneys worth out of the game yet. :D There is still a lot to do.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm definitely getting Sims 4, just, I don't know when or how, if my computer can take it and what not.

It's worth getting, if it turns out it sucks, then I will go back to Sims 3 (not like I am leaving Sims 3 anyway), but none of us know if it's going to suck, and who can resist getting it?