Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Aug 16 - Small Park* CC Free Hidden Springs Reno

Comments

• Options
    WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited September 2013
    What a lovely chateau! :D I love the color you used, and the way you did the garden! I also am in love with interior design, so luxurious!

Rec'd! :thumbup:
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited September 2013
    25 Frames Cinema
    1 Lake View Way

25Frames01.jpg

Catch all the latest, greatest movies on 25 beautiful, state-of-the-art screens. Please excuse our construction noise! New shopping and office spaces will be available for lease soon.

Roof
    25FramesFloorplan.jpg

Parking - A generous parking lot in front of the cinema means no more waiting for a parking space and being late to a movie.
    25Frames02.jpg
    25Frames03.jpg

Alley & Construction - An alley in the back of the building allows easy access for employees, construction trucks, and deliveries. The construction zone is fenced off but that won't necessarily stop curious teens or aspiring photographers from sneaking in to make some trouble or catch the great shadows from all of the scaffolding. Developers envision this construction site turning into glamorous lakeside apartments and shops but all the locals know is that the crane never seems to disappear from their skyline views.
    25Frames04.jpg
    25Frames05.jpg
    25Frames06.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Shadow Heights Townhomes
    16 Poplar Dr.

ShadowHeights01.jpg

This two bed, two bath townhome is spacious and practical with unparalleled views of the lake. A tandem garage has space for two cars and a workbench. The perfect starter home for a young couple or a pair of roommates.

Ground Floor/Garage
    ShadowHeightsFloorplan1.jpg

First Floor
    ShadowHeightsFloorplan2.jpg

Second Floor
    ShadowHeightsFloorplan3.jpg

Roof
    ShadowHeightsFloorplan4.jpg

Front Entrance - The available unit is the second unit from the right. The outdoor space is primarily intended for parking but there is a generous green space out back, a lake nearby, and each unit comes with a private balcony.
    ShadowHeights02.jpg
    ShadowHeights03.jpg

Garage - The garage is rather bare but roomy. It will hold two cars and a work bench. Tenants with one car can use the extra space for storage or as a rec room. The door leads directly to the staircase to the main living floor.
    ShadowHeights04.jpg

Kitchen - The kitchen is at the very top of the stairs - very convenient for carrying groceries. The sturdy formica countertops, white appliances, and honey oak cabinets may not be the height of modern style but it's an affordable alternative for people just starting out. As a bonus, the windows above the kitchen sink have a great view of the lake.
    ShadowHeights05.jpg

Living & Dining Room - There is plenty of space for a dining table and generous seating in the living room. This particular apartment is furnished for more of the casual, party-heavy lifestyle favored by two male YA roommates. Who needs a dining table when you have bar stools at the counter and a juice pong table? The 80s fireplace was charming when these townhomes were first constructed but it's lost it's place as the focal point of the living room to a hand-me-down TV.
    ShadowHeights06.jpg
    ShadowHeights07.jpg

Bedrooms - Both bedrooms are generously sized. Each has room for a full bed, a desk, and a dressing area. Each bedroom also has a dedicated bathroom, though one is also open to the hall for guest use. Like the rest of the house, decoration is bare-bones; sports-themed; and, if it's built in to the townhome, heavily influenced by 80s style. Luckily, the proximity to downtown and the lake, generous space for partying and exercising, and a heavy helping of juice make it easy to overlook the dated aesthetics.
    ShadowHeights08.jpg
    ShadowHeights09.jpg
    ShadowHeights10.jpg
    ShadowHeights11.jpg
    ShadowHeights12.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    What a lovely chateau! :D I love the color you used, and the way you did the garden! I also am in love with interior design, so luxurious!

Rec'd! :thumbup:

Thank you, Wildeatheart! It's inspired by a mix of a local winery and photos from a French chateau rental site.
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cool townhomes and I love the movie theatre- the construction zone is a nice touch! Gives me some great ideas! As usual, inspiring!
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2013
    jennytru wrote:
    Cool townhomes and I love the movie theatre- the construction zone is a nice touch! Gives me some great ideas! As usual, inspiring!

Thanks! Just so you know, I had to download this mod to unlock the crane.
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited September 2013
    jennytru wrote:

Thanks! Just so you know, I had to download this mod to unlock the crane.

Cool, thanks!
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Wow! I followed your siggy here and I must say, all of your builds are very impressive. Your style of building really is eye-catching; to me it stands out from other builds. You've really got a knack for this type of thing! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Wow! I followed your siggy here and I must say, all of your builds are very impressive. Your style of building really is eye-catching; to me it stands out from other builds. You've really got a knack for this type of thing! :thumbup:

Thank you! I'm glad you like my builds!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    I followed a link here... curius as I'm redoing HS aswell...

I'm actually hosting a hunt with little prizes to the builders of lots that fit my needs... so if you got an old lot, feel free to post it in my hunt.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    KatSoloKatSolo Posts: 456 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Hello! I know I have commented before, but I am grabbing lots again as I need to edit Hidden Springs yet again due to a computer upset.

Just wanted to say how much I adore and am thankful for your builds. Hidden Springs is my faveourite EA town, & am grateful for your work as I am a terrible builder.

*Edited to add* Do you plan to do a beach lot at some stage? And an 'alpine' resort? Haven't seen either around for Hidden Springs, am hoping you want them and plan on building them too ;). Or that you take general requests!
  • Options
    Tori-Alice-8DTori-Alice-8D Posts: 114 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey, I was wondering if you ever completed and uploaded the world? Thanks. :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2014
    Lovely movie theatre and townhouse! Looks so realistic! Great job! Recommended both. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited March 2014
    I just found this post and I am in love with all your creations :) LOVE LOVE LOVE your Builds :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    edited March 2014
    Just found your thread also and am amazed at your builds. I will have to go through your builds to recommend them, great job!! Have bookmarked this thread and may consider remaking my Hidden Springs now!!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hi everyone! Thank you for the compliments! I'm not dead, I promise! I've just been really busy - I got a new job and bought a house so I've been doing my own real-life simming. I finally found some time to play again! I need to update all of my patches and mods but I should be able to start playing and building again this evening!
    KatSolo wrote:
    Hello! I know I have commented before, but I am grabbing lots again as I need to edit Hidden Springs yet again due to a computer upset.

Just wanted to say how much I adore and am thankful for your builds. Hidden Springs is my faveourite EA town, & am grateful for your work as I am a terrible builder.

*Edited to add* Do you plan to do a beach lot at some stage? And an 'alpine' resort? Haven't seen either around for Hidden Springs, am hoping you want them and plan on building them too ;). Or that you take general requests!

And KatSolo: I have a resort in progress (think modern urban boutique hotel) and a beach or two planned. I don't exactly take requests - I've got a long-term plan for all of the lots that should accommodate most expansion features in a way that makes sense - but I do sometimes move the priority level of a lot up based on comments here.
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited April 2014
    Pardom me if youve already answered this, But are you willing to share your save file with all of these lovely lots in it? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Pardom me if youve already answered this, But are you willing to share your save file with all of these lovely lots in it? :)

I will when I'm done! Right now my save file has half a dozen unfinished lots and a bunch of totally demolished ones so it's a bit of a mess to play.
  • Options
    DarkMimiDarkMimi Posts: 80 Member
    edited May 2014
    I am so happy you're still re-doing Hidden Springs! I've been missing out on playing Sims 3 ever since my main rig went ka-put early last year so I've been on hiatus until now. Lurking on the forums until I get my new gaming rig in a few weeks! :D Which will handle Sims 3 with no issues this time.

And congrats on buying a new home IRL, I know the struggle of moving. We just moved houses not long ago and I'm only now getting settled in.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Shadow Heights Townhomes
    15 Poplar Dr.

ShadowHeightsDen01.jpg

This two bed, two and a half bath townhome with den is spacious and practical with unparalleled views of the lake. The garage has space for one car and a workbench. The perfect starter home for four or more.

Ground Floor/Garage
    ShadowHeightsDenFloorplan1.jpg

First Floor
    ShadowHeightsDenFloorplan2.jpg

Second Floor
    ShadowHeightsDenFloorplan3.jpg

Roof
    ShadowHeightsDenFloorplan4.jpg

Outdoor Space & Garage - The available unit is the end unit on the right. The outdoor space is primarily intended for parking but there is a generous green space out back, a community playground, a lake nearby, and each unit comes with a private balcony. The garage is on the smaller end. It will fit one car and a work space or bike storage. A door leads to the ground floor den and the stairs to the main living area.
    ShadowHeightsDen02.jpg
    ShadowHeightsDen12.jpg

Den - The den is a large room, perfect for an office, a studio, a home gym, or even a guest room. There is a small half bath just down the hall as well.
    ShadowHeightsDen03.jpg

Living Room & Balcony - At the top of the stairs is a living room with a fireplace and sliding glass doors out onto a balcony that is large enough for a grill. This is the end unit of this town home complex, so the living space is flooded with light.
    ShadowHeightsDen04.jpg
    ShadowHeightsDen05.jpg

Kitchen & Dining - This unit may be a little outdated but the open floorplan is ideal for modern entertaining. The sturdy formica countertops, white appliances, and honey oak cabinets are functional if not stylish but it's an affordable alternative for people just starting out.
    ShadowHeightsDen06.jpg

Bedrooms - Both bedrooms are generously sized. Each has room for a full bed, a dressing area, and a reading nook. Each bedroom also has a dedicated bathroom, though one is also open to the hall for guest use. Like the rest of the house, the built-in fixtures are a little dated but the stylish furnishings help you forget all the beige and brass.
    ShadowHeightsDen07.jpg
    ShadowHeightsDen08.jpg
    ShadowHeightsDen09.jpg
    ShadowHeightsDen10.jpg
    ShadowHeightsDen11.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hamburg Institute for Medical Research
    2 Lake View Way

HamburgInstitute01.jpg

The Hamburg Institute for Medical Research was established with the lofty goals of improving the PR of the Hamburg family, providing the Hamburg family with a generous tax break, and spreading the good word about pickle-based homeopathy to the masses.

Upper Floor
    HamburgInstituteFloorplan.jpg

Entrance & Reflecting Pool - As visitors to the Hamburg Institute approach the site, they are welcomed by a reflecting pool. The Hamburgs highly value meditation and the quiet burbling of the fountains and swaying of the grasses makes this the perfect spot for that. There is underground parking for employees. Visitors on foot may take the stairs to the front entrance.
    HamburgInstitute02.jpg
    HamburgInstitute04.jpg
    HamburgInstitute03.jpg

Founder's Garden - Tucked away a short distance from the main entrance is The Founder's Garden, a shaded, private space in honor of donors and the Hamburgs, the original funders of the Institute.
    HamburgInstitute05.jpg

The Green Roof - A lush garden interspersed with solar domes covers much of the parking garage. The roof adds to the Institute's eco-friendly image but it's also crucial to some of the experimental treatments being developed inside.
    HamburgInstitute06.jpg

The Lakeside Terrace - Employees are treated to expansive views of the nearby lake and mountains thanks to the large windows and sprawling terrace. It's a very peaceful spot to eat lunch, take a break, or do research.
    HamburgInstitute07.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Reserved
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Reserved
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Gou Pao Park at Tian Village
    54 Subalpine Blvd.

GouPaoParkCover.jpg

Gou Pao Park is the heart of NeDo. The ornate gazebo honors the area's Asian immigrant community and their history while the attached park embraces the city's dog-loving side. The shaded benches and tables are the perfect place to stop for lunch, a game of chess, a rally, or just to watch the dogs play.

First Floor
    GouPaoParkFloorplan1.jpg

Roof
    GouPaoParkFloorplan2.jpg

Gazebo - The small gazebo provides shade for park-goers. A few tables and a chess board make it a great place to rest, relax, and keep an eye on your playing dogs.
    GouPaoPark1.jpg

Dog Park - The park is well-shaded and full of amenities. Take your dog on a stroll around the path, play chase on the hills, or sit on a bench while your dog plays with the provided toys or grabs a drink from the dragon fountain.
    GouPaoPark2.jpg
    GouPaoPark3.jpg
    GouPaoPark4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Reserved