The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I edited some aliens into the renders, just to see what they would look like in TS4.

10257130_10203767331326741_1751847652899731123_o.jpg

Hopefully Aliens do return to the game, and hopefully they have a light green skin tone as in TS2.

Comments

• Options
    raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited June 2014
    That looks awesome :thumbup:
  • Options
    raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited June 2014
    double post :oops:
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow great job! :shock:

If the aliens look like that, I'm all for it. :D
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    They look so realistic for the game. :P I hope you get your aliens. The male pregnancy always adds in a good bit of humor in my games.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Holy Cow Plant~~~ I love these!!! These are just perfect ♡♡♡
    It's 4am and I just fed my kitties, I decided to check the forum and I see these wonders *sooo excited* I know you edited them but they look sooo realistic that I just can't contain myself!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited June 2014
    Woah! These look like they would be official. Great job! :D
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks all! Hopefully they are in the game and look similar to this, lol.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited June 2014
    The one with the rose now makes me think of Chloe Singles ;p I always made her go to the mirror and get the hair with fun colors because she seemed like a part animal ;D
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,378 Member
    edited June 2014
    They are really cute! Great job!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nce job, but I hope they will have that real alien glance they do in Sims 3 (I don't know what they looked like in 2).
    They were green in 3 as well by the way weren't they? Because you specifically mention them being green in 2, I'm a bit confused :wink:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nce job, but I hope they will have that real alien glance they do in Sims 3 (I don't know what they looked like in 2).
    They were green in 3 as well by the way weren't they? Because you specifically mention them being green in 2, I'm a bit confused :wink:

I never played TS3 aliens, but they are kind of a green-gray color. Also, not sure if any of them have the cool black eyes (the ones on The Exchange don't seem to.)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    That's right, a bit green-grey. I think that's better though, aliens shouldn't look like candy imo :oops:
    Their eyes are black.

Eacuteowyn_406_zps51459f60.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BlairAKifyBlairAKify Posts: 45
    edited June 2014
    Your aliens look perfect; I love them! I totally agree with you that the skin in TS2 was better. I hope that they go back to that, since they seem to be leaning toward a more cartoonish look, already.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Is this what they looked like?

MTS2_Widget97s_807620_Default_PTs_-_group_numbered.jpg

I mean... yeah, well. No, I prefer them real alienated. As if they just stepped out of a space ship, not a candy jar.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well I make Aliens with the light green skin in TS3 all the time, based on the ones from TS2. That's why I edited them to look like that in particular lol

Here's an alien I made named Verena.

Screenshot-7101.jpg

AND Verena's daughter Annabelle shares the same skin tone, she doesn't look too terrible.

1956962_600735136669953_606636379_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I guess it's a matter of preference, the green color just looks too Katy Perry-ish to me :lol:
    And I like it how the alien skins in 3 aren't completely plain color.

I do like Verena's daughter by the way, she's beautiful and I like the purple in combination with her skin. But she doesn't look alien anymore.
    This is alien offspring from my game. Dusty, daughter of a genie and an alien. She's a genie herself but it's clear there's something not human about her:

Silas_247_zpse28d4b25.png

I like that :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I guess it's a matter of preference, the green color just looks too Katy Perry-ish to me :lol:
    And I like it how the alien skins in 3 aren't completely plain color.

I do like Verena's daughter by the way, she's beautiful and I like the purple in combination with her skin. But she doesn't look alien anymore.
    This is alien offspring from my game. Dusty, daughter of a genie and an alien. She's a genie herself but it's clear there's something not human about her:

Silas_247_zpse28d4b25.png

I like that :wink:

Well that's kinda the point actually XD

Annabelle is supposed to look a bit more human than alien, because she's a hybrid, kinda like how the Alien-Human Hybrids looked in TS2.

Heck, the really "alien" thing about her is her skin and ears. I have a story that explains it all. :P

Screenshot-803.jpg

ANYWAY back to the topic, I think the aliens in TS4 SHOULD have a bright green tone like my aliens I edited and the aliens I've shown, because I believe that would translate well into the "Stylized Realism" graphics they're going for much better than the skin tone from 3.

Don't get me wrong though, when I make non-story aliens in my game, they have the skin tone from TS3, but that muted skin tone would just look awkward in the bright, cartoony graphics of TS4.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, the OP ALiens look way better than the ones we got in TS4 skintone-wise. I will aways miss those deep-green aliens from TS2.

249980_1244596633625_full.jpg

When i used to play TS3 i even used a custom skin only to make my alien have the same (Or a similar) colour of TS2 ones.

original.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited June 2014
    Looks amazing! Good job! :thumbup:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited June 2014
    Uh!

I'd so post some pics' of my alien guy, JJ- right about now, but, The Sims 3 has been un-installed since Christmas.
    Anyway; really, really, really nice edits Advent! They look really real, well done dude, well done!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love it! I sure hope we get aliens in the base game. 8) As for the skin tone, I think Sims 4 could do with 2 alien skins--one bright and one that is a little more greyish, not quite as muted as Sims 3 but about half way between your skintone and the Sims 3 one. I don't want my aliens to be mint green so much, but I know they'd need a little more colour than Sims 3 aliens had.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This time I edited a Sim from the CAS trailer :p

10402777_10203774845554592_5472147912232328124_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I just can't get over how amazing your edits are! They look so professional, like EA put them there all along! I love it! I really hope Sims 2 style aliens are in the game now :mrgreen:
  • Options
    abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I LOVE this. I really hope we get aliens in the base game
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wooow!!! Cosmic Bella :mrgreen: me like~~~! ♡♡♡
    Amazing job~ :thumbup:
    I want an Alien Maid to work for my Sim when he gets rich~