Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Wonder What June Brings, Updated Tuesday June 3, 2014

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm probably in the minority about this set, I hate circuses ever since I saw a man mistreat some dogs in the dog act...I also hate clowns. But, I really, really like carnivals and mostly the rides, carousel and tilt-a-whirl were my most favorites.

I almost caved when I saw the popcorn and cotton candy machines but it was all over when I saw the merry-go-round and that it actually is supposed to work in game like they do in rl...now I can't wait. The rest of the stuff, meh. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    ^ ^

Can toddlers use the spring riders? I've never tried it. I'm a bad Sim dad. All my toddlers spend all their time in the playpen.

Yes.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    ^ ^

Can toddlers use the spring riders? I've never tried it. I'm a bad Sim dad. All my toddlers spend all their time in the playpen.

Toddlers can ride the spring riders with a teen and up's help; children can ride the spring riders on their own.

When I play in Sunset Valley (Special Edition) and have toddlers, I make sure they get to go to the Toddler Playground that came with Generations; if it's close enough they go in the stroller, otherwise it's drive or taxi.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CHimechAngaCHimechAnga Posts: 290 Member
    edited June 2014
    OMG this set is getting better and better! I do love we are getting new games...kinda bummed they are all whack a games and no prizes awarded but wow that sandbox for the kiddos looks awesome! :D
  • Options
    poshiepie89poshiepie89 Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2014
    has it been asked and/or answered about whether or not there is going to be some kind of bigger PC item or some kind of entertainment thing that comes with this venue besides the merry go round for underneath the Big Top Tent? totally getting the venue regardless, but I just wanted to know.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nighttime carousel added to page 1. :D:wink:

carouselnight.jpg
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    ^ ^

:lol::lol: I love my sim toddlers and I can spend a long while of my game time taking them for walks in their strollers, it is also a good way to see the neighbourhood and meet other sims :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nighttime carousel added to page 1. :D:wink:

carouselnight.jpg
    Ooooooooh good spotting Cat! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
    Very pretty! :D:D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2014
    Recolored balloons and picnic tables too? Those balloons look like the new year balloons recolored.

I also noticed new columns and some sort of ceiling framework inside the tent with the wacka games. I'm assuming they are part of the tent set.

Maybe we can add a flat roof on top of those columns to make it weatherproof. It remains to be seen.

It may never be weather proof but could possibly be made weather resistant with the addition of a roof. When I made my Rolling Thunder roller coaster there are several indoor areas of it that have missing external walls. The rain and snow don't get inside but the Sims will put their umbrellas up when in those areas so they obviously think they are outdoors.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really am curious about it, but I am also hoping that whenever it finally is revealed, it will exceed my expectations.

(I would be disappointed if the big tent inside is empty...).
    I too shall be a wee bit sad if the tent is empty :(

Note: The fact that we have a new sandpit for toddlers indicates to me that the carousel will only be for ages child and upwards, not toddlers :( I would like to see our toddlers ride the carousel :) I used to join my son on it and stand beside him so he did not fall when he was a toddler, he loved going on the carousel it was his favourite ride :D

Yep we'll probebly need to place some springriders on the lot for toddlers.
    That would be disappointing Cat :( I truly want my toddler to be able to ride the carousel, I really would like to see more interactions for our toddlers :)
    Hi kate, * Waves *.
    Toddlers can't ride the carousel, well that bites. :( I want more interaction with our toddlers too. Especially the children, and teens. Since they have no interaction with infants, and toddlers at all in the game. :D
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Right there with ya! LOL Okay so I'm totally buying this set to get the tents (that I'm still unsure about due to the insane lack of weatherproofing!) and the pretty carousel. All the other stuff is cute but not anything I can't live without so far. I may actually wait for a sale on this one. Unless, of course, they are sneaking in some long hairstyles with this one. Have we heard if there will be any CAS as part of this set???

Unfortunately, SimGuruCopeland has already ruled out any CAS for this venue. It's buried on some page of this thread when we were discussing the likelihood of clown costumes.

(Yeah, I wanted long hair, too, but I'm actually happy we are NOT getting a clown costume, as I don't think I really need that... :lol: ).

Also, amjoie had a nice idea of how to weatherproof most of the tent, but using columns to create an interior ceiling and then just deleting the columns afterwards. That was the gist of it, but that too, is buried in this thread someplace... Did we receive see-through floor/ceiling tiles with a patch? I think amjoie was referring to that?

:mrgreen:

Yeah I remember what Amjoie said and yes, we got see-through floor tiles with ITF. Believe me, I'll think of SOME way to make this work as a dwelling! LOL I did, however, miss that CAS had definitely been ruled out on this one as well. For the first time I am disappointed but I get it and I'm usually one who wants CAS and Build/But sets to be completely separate. This does make me hope for a cool CAS set for next month though! There have been soooo many good suggestions and no matter what CAS set they make, LONG HAIR would go with it! Anyway, guess this means the "things Amara will like" definitely refers to the tents...and not my longed for LONG HAIR.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The thing that has the balloons attached looks like a lion or elephant when you enlarge it.

carouselnight.jpg
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2014
    carouselnight.jpg

I think that I am going to replace the forever used community grills in this pic with the new community grills that came with the Boardwalk. I think they would perfectly fit in the eating area.
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited June 2014
    Aw, I'm starting to get a little worried now. I mean, is that carousel the only "carnivale" thing we're gonna get? Will there be other rides or games? I've already got a few "whack a games" from Seasons and Supernatural. And I already got a self-serve snow cone machine. Sure, the cotton candy and popcorn is amazing, but I dunno if I'm willing to pay 1900 simpoints for a carousel and self serve cottoncandy/popcorn.

The tents I have absolutely no use for in my mental map of a carnivale lot. Especially since they're not weatherproof anyway.

A sand-pit for kids, non-weatherproof tents and a dresser? Uhhm. Not really what I think of when I want my sims to go to a carnivale. I was hoping for those dart-balloon games, spraying water in clown-face thingy, all these stands where you can win prices! Huuuge teddybears or tickets or something. And a vendor that sells greasy snacks. Loads of carousels! A proper "rollercoaster tycoon" lot if you will. :)

If the carousel is the only PC item, I hope it'll be for individual sale right away. :-s

But who knows, maybe they will surprise us and bring out the "big guns" haha :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    I really am curious about it, but I am also hoping that whenever it finally is revealed, it will exceed my expectations.

Note: The fact that we have a new sandpit for toddlers indicates to me that the carousel will only be for ages child and upwards, not toddlers :( I would like to see our toddlers ride the carousel :) I used to join my son on it and stand beside him so he did not fall when he was a toddler, he loved going on the carousel it was his favourite ride :D

That would be disappointing Cat :( I truly want my toddler to be able to ride the carousel, I really would like to see more interactions for our toddlers :)
    Hi kate, * Waves *.
    Toddlers can't ride the carousel, well that bites. :( I want more interaction with our toddlers too. Especially the children, and teens. Since they have no interaction with infants, and toddlers at all in the game. :D
    Hello sunman (^.^)/ *waves* You are back! \(^o^)/ *Yay!* Sorry, I perhaps misled you, I do not know for certain that toddlers cannot ride the carousel, I am simply guessing. This opinion is solely based on the fact they have added a sandpit for toddlers. I may [I most often am :lol: ] be wrong. I hope I am wrong :)
    Note. I have replied to your post >----(^_^)----< *huge hugs*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm still hoping for live animals if this is a circus give us the live animals already.It's like the commercial that asks where's the beef for the hamburger,well I'm asking for lions,elephants and maybe monkeys so we can have a real circus not just a bunch of statues in their place,so please EA give us live animals for the circus which would really make this an amazing set.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I was just thinking... This might be a nice lot to place the hot air balloon on.

The only problem is, is it's size. I'm going to have to remember to check on this when I finally get the venue.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    SuttiPutt wrote:
    I'm still hoping for live animals if this is a circus give us the live animals already.It's like the commercial that asks where's the beef for the hamburger,well I'm asking for lions,elephants and maybe monkeys so we can have a real circus not just a bunch of statues in their place,so please EA give us live animals for the circus which would really make this an amazing set.
    Hello Sutti (^.^)/ *waves* :)
    I am beginning to wonder if there may not be any more new content coming with this venue. It seems rather unlikely to me now that we shall indeed see some 'live' animals :( I would truly love some. It would add an sense of realism to our circus for sure :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I was just thinking... This might be a nice lot to place the hot air balloon on.

The only problem is, is it's size. I'm going to have to remember to check on this when I finally get the venue.
    Good idea Mistletoe :thumbup: I always add the HAB to my festival grounds :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sunman502 wrote:

Hi kate, * Waves *.
    Hello sunman (^.^)/ *waves* You are back! \(^o^)/ *Yay!* Sorry, I perhaps misled you, I do not know for certain that toddlers cannot ride the carousel, I am simply guessing. This opinion is solely based on the fact they have added a sandpit for toddlers. I may [I most often am :lol: ] be wrong. I hope I am wrong :)
    Note. I have replied to your post >----(^_^)----< *huge hugs*
    Sorry Dear, I was out of town all day yesterday and didn't get in until 9 PM last night.
    No worries about if you had misled me in your post or not. You are more than likely right, since they haven't done much with what toddler's can do in the game. The last new interaction that the toddlers got in the game was playing in the wave break with a parent, in IP. LOVE, AND BIG SQUISHY HUGS, AND LITTLE KISSES TO YOUR FOREHEAD! :wink::D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    SuttiPutt wrote:

You might get lucky.

SimGuruCopeland has already indicated his dislike of perceived animal abuse.

I think if we were to get live animal type circus acts it would be more likely to come in a separate set where sales of other items in the set wouldn't be negatively impacted by including the circus animals.

I think this new venue is more carnival oriented than circus. But I am not the designer. And I'm more than happy to continue to passively see what comes next.

I'm expecting a few more decor items to add to the atmosphere of the venue.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Aw, I'm starting to get a little worried now. I mean, is that carousel the only "carnivale" thing we're gonna get? Will there be other rides or games? I've already got a few "whack a games" from Seasons and Supernatural. And I already got a self-serve snow cone machine. Sure, the cotton candy and popcorn is amazing, but I dunno if I'm willing to pay 1900 simpoints for a carousel and self serve cottoncandy/popcorn.

The tents I have absolutely no use for in my mental map of a carnivale lot. Especially since they're not weatherproof anyway.

A sand-pit for kids, non-weatherproof tents and a dresser? Uhhm. Not really what I think of when I want my sims to go to a carnivale. I was hoping for those dart-balloon games, spraying water in clown-face thingy, all these stands where you can win prices! Huuuge teddybears or tickets or something. And a vendor that sells greasy snacks. Loads of carousels! A proper "rollercoaster tycoon" lot if you will. :)

If the carousel is the only PC item, I hope it'll be for individual sale right away. :-s

I'm one of the fans that is in favor of a bunch of silly carny games and a prize booth. But, I do realize that it would need a lot of animation to make it work and I don't think we are getting them in this venue.

I am hopeful, though, that we will get a re-skinned CLAW machine, which I would love to have in my game.

Yes, I think the Carousel, while very pretty, may have little gameplay associated with it beyond sitting on an animal and having it go up and down and around in circles to organ music.

So, I'm really hoping for an awesome 4th PC object to be in that big tent. Something that would be more interactive than a Carousel. I prefer more interactive PC objects, like the dance floor, etc.

So, I'm patiently waiting to see if there is anything else with this set.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    We need a circus ring or a high-wire act to go inside the tent. Otherwise, it's not really a Big Top. :?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I'm one of the fans that is in favor of a bunch of silly carny games and a prize booth. But, I do realize that it would need a lot of animation to make it work and I don't think we are getting them in this venue.

I am hopeful, though, that we will get a re-skinned CLAW machine, which I would love to have in my game.

Yes, I think the Carousel, while very pretty, may have little gameplay associated with it beyond sitting on an animal and having it go up and down and around in circles to organ music.

So, I'm really hoping for an awesome 4th PC object to be in that big tent. Something that would be more interactive than a Carousel. I prefer more interactive PC objects, like the dance floor, etc.

So, I'm patiently waiting to see if there is anything else with this set.
    I had just now noticed that you had changed your avi's looks :oops: Your avi's new look looks good. But then again, so did your avi's previous looks.
    It would have been great if we had gotten some carnival games like: Hoops, ring toss, darts, air gun, bean bag, baseball, water gun, and every kid's favorite. The gold fish in a bowl. :wink::D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    We need a circus ring or a high-wire act to go inside the tent. Otherwise, it's not really a Big Top. :?

Is it really a Big Top? Or just a big tent?

I can think of lots of things to put in there.

I must admit when I first saw it I imagined we'd be getting some sort of high wire act instead of the carousel.

And I was a little disappointed.

And then I changed my mind and hoped we'd get a high wire act after all.

Then we saw the carousel.

And they said 3 PC items for this venue so I was happy and a little disappointed at the same time.

Maybe we'll get something for the Big Top in another set/venue later on?

They do seem a bit stretched for resources and they are also fleshing out sets as we requested in the threads SimGuruCopeland made asking us what we wanted to see from the store.

I'm in 'wait and see' mode these days.:)