Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Won't be buying sims 4, Glad graphics are so bad, I'll actually have to break an addiction

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2014
    Jenzup wrote:
    Normally I would agree with you on that but this thread never was really about anything other than personal life events of the OP so when others post on it just goofing off they're not being any different than the OP was. Again if you don't like it find another thread to post on.
    Well, agree with me then, because I wasn't talking just about this topic :wink: I read Anthono's remark and recognize it as something that happens frequently on this forum. I don't care how old this topic is, it was on the top of my screen.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited May 2014
    I imagine as the dates for release for new information on the game and the actual game release draw closer we're going to see more and more of this type of thing. Me, myself, I plan to grin and bear it and/or possibly live by the old adage, "if you can't beat them, join them".
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    CallaCantDiscoCallaCantDisco Posts: 113 Member
    edited May 2014
    Actually astonished at how condescending some of you are, though I didn't read the entire thread. I remember how friendly, and awesome TS2 bbs was.. this is just sad. OP is entitled to her opinion, as we all are as paying customers. Saying nobody cares or that her opinion is irrelevant is just flat out rude, I for one care about what she had to say. Whats the point of circling the OP like a bunch of vultures and attacking her mercilessly? The same concept some of you are preaching should be applied to yourselves. "Don't like the game, don't buy it" = "Don't like these kind of posts as clearly outlined in the title, don't click on it".

Anyways, what I initially entered the [very outdated but ressurected] thread for.. to offer my two cents. Which are that graphics aren't the redeeming factor in games for me. So long as the gameplay is up to par or surpassing that, then I'll at least give it a try. If not, back to my tried and true TS1.
    dqknjq.png
    You are free to break the chains of fate that bind you. Simmer since est. 2002.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well I hope everyone that does not like TS4 for whatever reason(s) have the water off a duck's back mentality. Some are always going to be disrespectful and immature because they do not agree and therefore feel their own opinion(s) must be shared by everyone and their opinion is the only valid one.

Even so this topic is old and has been so-called resurrected...so what. I notice the only ones saying that are usually those with intolerant views and cannot maturely discuss nor handle a mature discussion with varying opinions. Their tactic seems to gather other immature persons to join in as well in order to hush the opinion(s) they do not like. Eh...whatever.

I will say though TS4 graphics are decent and even the art style, however it is the art style I wish were different for the next gen Sims game. Because I want more realism both visually and gameplay wise, TS4 will be the first I could care less about. Of course it is not entirely just the art style but other things I just do not like, such as changing the foundation of what TS was originally about. I mean real shopping and real dining should always be a feature because is this not a life simulation? Family life should always be included and not minimal. Focus on YA's/A's primarily female is beyond an annoyance.

Basically TS3 was good enough to stick with because of the freedom that previous games were lacking (open world/visiting family & friends, etc) and the creative freedom to really match or mismatch colors/patterns however you like. Of course TS3 could have been much more and this is one reason why TS3 frustrates me and actually makes me not likely to care about TS4 and probably not any other future games. Also for all the money TS series make, glitches should be fixed pronto, not months or years later. Definitely had the potential for a really great game but TS3 did not succeed to me but nonetheless is still an alright game. TS4 I am not going through all that I had, a lot of disappointments, in TS3. I see EA continues to change the foundation of TS and it is not stable. I do not like that in video games. I would strongly prefer to have the same foundation but constant improvement and constant new additions than completely getting rid of something that was unique, fun and creative. TS/TS2/TS3 are the games I will stick with.

You know playing Assassin's Creed then playing AC:Revelations is exactly what I'm talking about. Both games have the same foundation but Revelations improved upon it and also added new features which made the game even more fun and unique. They didn't take anything away and if they did it was because it was not popular by many players. Same with Space Channel 5, improvements. Same with Batman Arkham Series. TS series is all over the place starting with TS3 and it is silly for me to continue a series that I no longer have any interest in.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    rACH080 wrote:
    Alexandria I am certified R.T. and about to be R.T(T) and I have a science degree..
    I am very proud of my achievements.
    I am also certified in phlebotomy.

I am not worried about money, but as a conservative buyer I like saving money.

A person can make a million dollars a year and still be broke if they don't spend conservatively. I also want to have kids that can all go to universities and still be able to retire young.

SAVING MONEY IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING HUN!

Good riddance. Now that your leaving , dear , we have one ,less ignorant ***** hogging forum space.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited May 2014
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Well I hope everyone that does not like TS4 for whatever reason(s) have the water off a duck's back mentality. Some are always going to be disrespectful and immature because they do not agree and therefore feel their own opinion(s) must be shared by everyone and their opinion is the only valid one.

Even so this topic is old and has been so-called resurrected...so what. I notice the only ones saying that are usually those with intolerant views and cannot maturely discuss nor handle a mature discussion with varying opinions. Their tactic seems to gather other immature persons to join in as well in order to hush the opinion(s) they do not like. Eh...whatever.

I will say though TS4 graphics are decent and even the art style, however it is the art style I wish were different for the next gen Sims game. Because I want more realism both visually and gameplay wise, TS4 will be the first I could care less about. Of course it is not entirely just the art style but other things I just do not like, such as changing the foundation of what TS was originally about. I mean real shopping and real dining should always be a feature because is this not a life simulation? Family life should always be included and not minimal. Focus on YA's/A's primarily female is beyond an annoyance.

Basically TS3 was good enough to stick with because of the freedom that previous games were lacking (open world/visiting family & friends, etc) and the creative freedom to really match or mismatch colors/patterns however you like. Of course TS3 could have been much more and this is one reason why TS3 frustrates me and actually makes me not likely to care about TS4 and probably not any other future games. Also for all the money TS series make, glitches should be fixed pronto, not months or years later. Definitely had the potential for a really great game but TS3 did not succeed to me but nonetheless is still an alright game. TS4 I am not going through all that I had, a lot of disappointments, in TS3. I see EA continues to change the foundation of TS and it is not stable. I do not like that in video games. I would strongly prefer to have the same foundation but constant improvement and constant new additions than completely getting rid of something that was unique, fun and creative. TS/TS2/TS3 are the games I will stick with.

I do agree with you that they shouldn't be taking away the things us fans love but stick with what they had and add on. I think I'll wait for customer reviews before I totally write it off though. I'm hoping that they get 4 right.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    warriorcatz242warriorcatz242 Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2014
    It's not the graphics for me, I like them. But what ticks me off is the very little changes they made and the PRICE! Like holy crap, $70!!!??? :shock: I also spent so much money on Ts3, just no. Until the price goes down at least 30 bucks, I'm not buying it. Click and drag, better looks, emotions, different walks, ooh, ahh, NOT! :thumbdown:

Bye! *FANGIRLS & FANBOYS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RAGE AT ME, OR I WILL RAGE BACK!) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    warriorcatz242warriorcatz242 Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2014
    It's not the graphics for me, I like them. But what ticks me off is the very little changes they made and the PRICE! Like holy crap, $70!!!??? :shock: I also spent so much money on Ts3, just no. Until the price goes down at least 30 bucks, I'm not buying it. Click and drag, better looks, emotions, different walks, ooh, ahh, NOT! :thumbdown:

Bye! *FANGIRLS & FANBOYS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RAGE AT ME, OR I WILL RAGE BACK!) :mrgreen:

Correction: Just found out it's $85 without prime on amazon. Sims 4 is gonna be like Sims 2. Not alot of EPs and just a money grabber. :roll:
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited May 2014
    Correction: Just found out it's $85 without prime on amazon. Sims 4 is gonna be like Sims 2. Not alot of EPs and just a money grabber. :roll:

On thesims.com, the Limited Edition is $60, and the Digital Deluxe is $70. Even when I went on Amazon, there were only two products that came up for Sims 4. The most expensive one was about $80, but that's a Premium Edition. It's probably safe to assume that the different titles mean more content might be added, so it seems right for the price to be higher (but, it's still a lot of money).
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    edited May 2014
    (peeks around the corner)

...is it safe to come into this room??
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    Something tells me the OP will eventually come around and buy Sims 4. We've all done it. Heck, I have with Sims 3. A decision I've later come to regret, but with Sims 4 promising to be better, we'll just have to wait and see.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    LdarkharteLdarkharte Posts: 10
    edited July 2014
    Don't worry I know how you feel, I bought an expansion pack on origin that promised a free stuff pack, and they said it wasn't available in my country AFTER I bought it.

They've took autonomous deaths off The Sims 4, And toddlers.

EA doesn't care about their customers unless their is a load of stuff online about how bad EA Is and then because of bad reviews they change it to look good, also EA tries to make loads of money on low budget games.

Sims 1-3 was the best and Sims 4 had destroyed the franchise in my opinion.
  • Options
    LdarkharteLdarkharte Posts: 10
    edited July 2014
    Another thing EA does is charge an extra £10-£15 for "limited edition" content with like some extra furniture and clothes, when you could zip down to Asda and get it for the actual non limited edition price...