Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Bromance" (and genetics)

See this blog http://www.thesims.com/en-us/the-sims-4#/the-sims-community-blog and particularly:
We’ve added in some new traits to the game, such as my personal favorite, the “Bro” trait. This trait combined with emotional states can spark a new “bromance” for your Sim.

So there's a gay trait?

I was hoping for global settings for that, EA.

EDIT: How embarrassing :oops: I thought that meant... :lol: I'm not up to date on American slang :oops:

Oh, but genetics too!!
Speaking of bringing things to life, we’ve greatly improved our genetics system. As before, you can create two Sims and try for a baby. Their baby would splice their DNA together and their baby would grow up to have features representative of both their Mother or Father’s looks. Now, right in Create A Sim, you are able to mash-up the looks of two Sims to preview what their child will look like. Better yet, you can then manipulate the look of the child if you aren’t satisfied with the results. You can also create family members based off of just one of your Sims’ genetics! Want to give one of your Sims a brother, done! Or provide them with a kid sister, check! The improved genetic functions are dynamic, open ended and really fun to play with.
OriginID Starwing6
my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2014
    *o* *o* *o*

The remarks about genetics sound amazing!!!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited May 2014
    AFAIK, "bromance" is when two guys are the best friends ever. It is not really a romantic relationship, but they can't live without each other and they do everything together. It is more than regular friendship, but it is not a gay relationship.

About genetics, I hope that they will mark traits as "recessive" and "dominant" so we can have something closer to real life.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2014
    *o* *o* *o*

The remarks about genetics sound amazing!!!

I know right?!! OMG, I'm still reeling, in a good way :lol:
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited May 2014
    A bromance is a close non-romantic relationship between two (or more) men, a form of affectional or h.omosocial intimacy.

But determining Sims' orientation in CAS would be a neat idea. My guess is that this trait will allow male Sims to interact better with other male Sims, giving them more social options (possibly fratboy-esque ones, such as chest bumps, high-fives or noogies).
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2014
    where i come from a "bromance" means 2 guys who have such a good friendship they are more like brothers. It's nothing to do with being gay.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited May 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    See this blog http://www.thesims.com/en-us/the-sims-4#/the-sims-community-blog and particularly:
    We’ve added in some new traits to the game, such as my personal favorite, the “Bro” trait. This trait combined with emotional states can spark a new “bromance” for your Sim.

So there's a gay trait?

I was hoping for global settings for that, EA.

Oh, but genetics too!!
    Speaking of bringing things to life, we’ve greatly improved our genetics system. As before, you can create two Sims and try for a baby. Their baby would splice their DNA together and their baby would grow up to have features representative of both their Mother or Father’s looks. Now, right in Create A Sim, you are able to mash-up the looks of two Sims to preview what their child will look like. Better yet, you can then manipulate the look of the child if you aren’t satisfied with the results. You can also create family members based off of just one of your Sims’ genetics! Want to give one of your Sims a brother, done! Or provide them with a kid sister, check! The improved genetic functions are dynamic, open ended and really fun to play with.

Bromance does not equal gay. It's a term some guys use to speak about a close bond they have with another male, kinda like a BFF. But it doesn't mean they have to be gay.
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited May 2014
    Bromance does not directly imply gayness :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    okester wrote:
    A bromance is a close non-romantic relationship between two (or more) men, a form of affectional or ********** intimacy.

But determining Sims' orientation in CAS would be a neat idea. My guess is that this trait will allow male Sims to interact better with other male Sims, giving them more social options (possibly fratboy-esque ones, such as chest bumps, high-fives or noogies).

Oh, is that so? Forgive me, I'm not in America and I thought this meant a gay trait has been added. :oops:

My bad.
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2014
    Bromance

JerrySeinfield and George Castanza. :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Bromance

JerrySeinfield and George Castanza. :wink:

Oh really? "Not that there's anything wrong with that" LOL

I get it. :oops:
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2014
    I know you updated your post .... but one more example of a bromance that I'm surprised no one else mentioned ... Adam Levine and Blake Shelton ... those two crack me up! It's adorable. Those two will definitely make an appearance in my game.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I know you updated your post .... but one more example of a bromance that I'm surprised no one else mentioned ... Adam Levine and Blake Shelton ... those two crack me up! It's adorable. Those two will definitely make an appearance in my game.

Who are they? I've never heard their names. I updated my post because I didn't want to cause any misunderstandings with my own misunderstanding!
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2014
    I love the traits and maybe a new genetics system? IM ALL ABOUT GENETICS!!!
    I love making different sims and seeing how the legacy plays out and everything!

Sometimes I feel like the whole bromance phrase/thing is a whole "no *****" exclamation but this isn't the right forum to talk about that.
  • Options
    girlformergirlformer Posts: 231 New Member
    edited May 2014
    HAHA OH MY GOD A 'GAY' TRAIT they REALLY could have used a better term other than 'bro'. wow.

but, yeah. bro probably implies that chestbumping stuff. to be honest i wouldn't like that in the game since those people tend to make me feel irritated (see: my middle school), but whatever.
    Also...we can manipulate newborn baby features? Wow. That sure is playing powerful.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2014
    I hope there is a female version of the Bro trait.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    girlformergirlformer Posts: 231 New Member
    edited May 2014
    oh yeah i was gonna say this
    bc if they don't have like a 'ladybro' trait for lady sims im gonna be so mad. thatll be hilarious
    and then there should be a household where a bro and ladybro get married and get multiple bro/ladybro children itll be the bro ladybro apocalypse
  • Options
    Innuendo21Innuendo21 Posts: 655 Member
    edited May 2014
    I guess TS4 is going down the homophobic route?
  • Options
    Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited May 2014
    girlformer wrote:
    bc if they don't have like a 'ladybro' trait for lady sims im gonna be so mad. thatll be hilarious
    and then there should be a household where a bro and ladybro get married and get multiple bro/ladybro children itll be the bro ladybro apocalypse

That would be awesome. I love the new genetics idea, though I'm sort of worried that means there'll be no try for baby.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    Innuendo21 wrote:
    I guess TS4 is going down the homophobic route?

You REALEY had to say that?

:roll:

Let us watch as yet another thread has a 4 page fight....
  • Options
    SilentDancerSilentDancer Posts: 862 Member
    edited May 2014
    Graceey_72 wrote:
    girlformer wrote:

That would be awesome. I love the new genetics idea, though I'm sort of worried that means there'll be no try for baby.

I wouldn't worry about that. They mentioned that trying for a baby is still there. They just noted that you are able to preview what the baby would look like in CAS. I don't think that means we can't still let them have the babies the old fashioned way.
    ...As before, you can create two Sims and try for a baby. Their baby would splice their DNA together and their baby would grow up to have features representative of both their Mother or Father’s looks. Now, right in Create A Sim, you are able to mash-up the looks of two Sims to preview what their child will look like.
    ezgifcom-gif-maker3.gif
    ezgifcom-gif-maker4.gif
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited May 2014

I was thinking the same thing. It would be hilarious if sims with the bro trait could chest bump each other too. :lol:
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited May 2014

I was thinking the same thing. It would be hilarious if sims with the bro trait could chest bump each other too. :lol:

It would be awesome, but I hope that the female version of this is something less painfull than a chest bump:lol:
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    Bromance is going to be FUN!!! :mrgreen:

7x5_JD_Turk_give_thumbs_up.jpg

Hope there are some pre-mades like JD and Turk!!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This thread got confusing very quickly.

Yeah, sims will still be able to try for a baby normally, and we'll have a better genetics system (presumably).

I don't think there'll be a lady bro trait. I have never used the word bro before and I am not going to start now. :roll:
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited May 2014
    unfortunately your lack of insight into what "bromance" is derailed the thread. but that's ok because like you said, you are unfamiliar with the term; it's not a part of your everyday vernacular. They finally put a "name to it" if you will here in the states I'd say about 6 years ago when guys are like BEST friends and all they want to do is hang out and spend time together non-romantically.

The word is most likely not used anywhere else other than the states and Canada. so I'm not surprised that others don't know what it means and quickly jump to the conclusion that it means "h.omosexual".

I just hope it doesn't cause yet another ranting thread about h.omosexuality being forced on players that don't want it. blah blah blah. you know how they get