Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley Updated?

axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
Hi!

So i'm looking for a Sunset valley thats updated through Island Paradise, I have beem looking around...But i just cant seem to find any. I know there are some around, But i was wondering if anyone knew of some that have resorts and dive lots and things like that.

Thanks!
FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Anyone?
  • Options
    jojobe71jojobe71 Posts: 365 Member
    edited May 2014
    I like Sunset valley as well.
  • Options
    mocheetahmocheetah Posts: 93 New Member
    edited May 2014
    i haven't heard anything about sunset valley updating
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    No, I'm asking for an updated one that a simmer did. Im not saying its being officially updated, im asking if anyone knew of a redone/updated sunset valley to download from the exchange or mediafire.
  • Options
    MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member
    edited May 2014
    Use search on the Exchange Lots/Worlds. There are several remakes. Sunset Island 2 is one I remember, and someone is doing another city type. I haven't downloaded them but I've seen them posted.
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited May 2014
    I know of a couple that were updated, this one is updated to IP http://simfans.de/specials/newsunsetvalley2013/index2.php

An this one is updated as well http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/582680.page
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I had the first one and didn't like it because every family's houses were moved around and they were in different houses, and the second one has a weird city out in the ocean, i searched Sunset valley on the exchange and didn't find anything. Does anyone have anything else?
  • Options
    nnedixnnedix Posts: 94 New Member
    edited May 2014
    axel1015 wrote:
    I had the first one and didn't like it because every family's houses were moved around and they were in different houses, and the second one has a weird city out in the ocean, i searched Sunset valley on the exchange and didn't find anything. Does anyone have anything else?

Eww never download stuff from the Exchange. It is not safe.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    nnedix wrote:
    axel1015 wrote:

I know, Someone told me to search it for something and i did. I never have and never will download anything from the extchange
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2014
    nnedix wrote:
    axel1015 wrote:

I beg to differ. :shock:
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited May 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    nnedix wrote:
    axel1015 wrote:

I beg to differ. :shock:

Me too
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited May 2014
    nnedix wrote:
    axel1015 wrote:

The Exchange can be dangerous, but it is safe if you use Delphy's Custard to weed out bad CC.

To answer the original poster - EA did release the map for Sunset Valley so it can be modified fairly easily. The problem is placing the Distant Terrain that surround the neighborhood - it is VERY difficult to get to match up. That may be why you found a Sunset Valley island.

Another problem is that the ocean isn't deep enough to make Dive Lots - I have tried. It is also hard to place Ports - there are only a few places where the ocean gets deep enough to hold a houseboat while close to shore.

I checked MTS and My Sims 3 Blog and did not find a version of Sunset Valley that was 1) updated to all EPs and 2) did not use Custom Content.

Sorry. It looks like if you want an updated Sunset Valley you will have to do it yourself.