The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Single Parent Familes, Please.

I don't know about TS3, I usually play single adults in TS3. Kids were just too boring.

But in TS2 in CAS we can't create a single mom with kids. Or even a single dad.

I guess because TS2 was all about mixing genes? and this was done by clicking the pacifier in CAS. I hope I can have these type of households in my game, created in CAS. Single mom with kids, and maybe her mom or dad, too. (Maybe she had to move back home or whatever) Or a single dad and kids with his dad or mom in the household, also.

I hope we get to make different families or households like an aunt..the mom's sister or whomever she is, and mark what relationship she is to the mom and the mom be able to have kids right in CAS.

Does TS3 allow us to have single parents in CAS. I hope TS4 allows us to create sinlge parent households in CAS. Or maybe no relation at all.

It would also be nice if teens could be created in CAS without adults, but I guess that is asking too much. At least allow us to have an aunt or someone like that in CAS with them instead of having to be a parent or grandma or someone.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,571 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yeah it did, it made things more interesting. It makes me think creating a pregnant sim in CAS won't work becuase of this, if you want to make a pregnant single mother where are the other genetics coming from.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2014
    I made single parents in CAS in TS2. :shock:

I agree with a lot of what you said though.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2014
    I hope we can adjust family ties in game this time btw.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014
    I wish I could create grandparents and grandchildren without them having parents.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'd like the option to make ancestors of my sims that won't count to the maximum of 8 in a household and will already be dead.
  • Options
    samuel695samuel695 Posts: 221 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yeah it did, it made things more interesting. It makes me think creating a pregnant sim in CAS won't work becuase of this, if you want to make a pregnant single mother where are the other genetics coming from.

I had posted about this too. I thought that choosing a random male sim to be the father just for the genetics but not actually be forced to play with him. Or make a male sim, make the female pregnant and not have to play with him because you simply wanted certain genetics. I din't think that would be too difficult.
  • Options
    samuel695samuel695 Posts: 221 Member
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    I wish I could create grandparents and grandchildren without them having parents.

Yes. It sucks having to kill off a parent if you want just a granparent/grandchild household. Because then all the sims are in grieving and have a bad mood
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014
    Also, I want to be able to create adults with child sibilings.

Like Party of Five.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited May 2014
    I Agree that there should be more familiar relationship options to choose in CAS
    Aside from these that people has mentioned, i would also like to create Adopted Sims in CAS. I would not like to just pretend they are adopted but let they know or something among these lines.
    In TS2 you could make Single parents with a child, but in their memories still stated the child is theirs with the infamous Mystery Sim but not actually adopted.

Might be a good feature to create Stories too. :-)
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2014
    the console game let you pick parents and grandparents for your sim's family tree. When you got in game it they were greyed out meaning they died. It would be cool if you could do this with any other family tie in CAS, that way you could have all the families we are talking about.
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2014
    As a single mother of one son, I think this is a great idea, I always end up making my couples break up after my female gets pregnant anyway, dunno if its a sub-conscience thing, but I find playing a couple and a baby or two, boring in Sims 3, its not as challenging as it was in Sims 2, so yeah, I'm all for being able to create single families in Sims 4, it would certainly be a hug3e step up from previous games!!! :D
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2014
    Can't see why they can't do it. Allow you to genetically create your sim and it's family, and then decide which one's you actually set and import alive. I love this idea.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited May 2014
    I made single parents in CAS in 3 I would have a male and female take their genetics from each other make a baby then they would either not be married and just housemates or make them brother and sister. In the family relationship mode I would have kid be related to only one of them. (whichever one the kid favored more).

The other method I used for making single parents was for my sims having affairs and not getting married. My male sims could do this in a full house of 8 and his love interest would get pregnant and then have the kid. My female sims could only do this if there was only 7 or less in the household.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ummmm you can already do that. I do it all the time. Just make a mom and add kids. You don't have to have both parents.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    Agree! I'd like for Single Parents too~ So you can make them in CAS but with both connected to the child (or whatever age) rather then having to tie them up with marriage~ :wink:
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited May 2014
    Kail16 wrote:
    Ummmm you can already do that. I do it all the time. Just make a mom and add kids. You don't have to have both parents.

I was thinking the same thing. I play that way a lot. I usually have a mom and a couple of kids. Works for me.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited May 2014
    I was able to make single parents in cas in the sims 2. I had to make both parents to get the child, and then I deleted the parent that I didn't want.
  • Options
    Twilight1984Twilight1984 Posts: 95 Member
    edited May 2014
    Step families in CAS would be great, too. I know they'll have to draw the line somewhere, but it would be lovely to be able to start a game with a remarried parent, teens or kids from both previous relationships and a baby or child from the new relationship. The game has become upset with me about having my families' relationships anything other than the standard and not all real world families fit the picture of mother - father - son - daughter. It seems a shame as the game is capable of coping with step parents/children, nieces, nephews and great-grandparents 'in world' so being able to create them in CAS would make me happy :mrgreen:

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2014
    What would be cool is if you could tie a child sim to two sims from different household so you don't have to go through all the aggravation of creating the couple and child, moving them in together only to then go back to the neighbourhood screen and move one of them out to another house.

For the sake of my family tree I do like my child sims to have two identified parents rather than just a blank portrait where one of the parents is supposed to be but I also don't always want one of those parents to be living on the same lot. Sure, it only takes 5 minutes but it's 5 minutes I could be utilizing to wreck some virtual lives! :D