The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are you guys complaining about the graphics and the new style?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Butters7Butters7 Posts: 17
    edited May 2014
    Because people are spoiled by the Sims 3 graphics and not all can be pleased?

Personally, I thought the Sims 3 was just eye candy with a handfuls of bugs and errors. It had its moments, but I haven't played in 2 months.

Sims 3 seems more promising, especially with the fact that a lot of people with lower-end computers can now play and enjoy without tweaking with the graphic settings so much. Not a lot of people are that tech savvy.

The hair doesn't bother me, even though people say it's blocky. I think it suits the Sims better than from the Sims 3. Sims 3 hair looked all frizzy and frazzled and a lot of CC hair didn't fit at all.

Correct me if Im wrong, sims 3 is 5 years old, and sims 4 is it successor. Shall not the successor be better, isnt that the point with releasing a new one?

You are right, sims 3 lack in gameplay, but why make the graphics worse because of that? They could just keep the graphics or just slightly improving them, and just focus on the gameplay, instead of turning the game to a cartoon game.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited May 2014
    Butters7 wrote:

Personally, I thought the Sims 3 was just eye candy with a handfuls of bugs and errors. It had its moments, but I haven't played in 2 months.

Sims 3 seems more promising, especially with the fact that a lot of people with lower-end computers can now play and enjoy without tweaking with the graphic settings so much. Not a lot of people are that tech savvy.

The hair doesn't bother me, even though people say it's blocky. I think it suits the Sims better than from the Sims 3. Sims 3 hair looked all frizzy and frazzled and a lot of CC hair didn't fit at all.

Correct me if Im wrong, sims 3 is 5 years old, and sims 4 is it successor. Shall not the successor be better, isnt that the point with releasing a new one?

You are right, sims 3 lack in gameplay, but why make the graphics worse because of that? They could just keep the graphics or just slightly improving them, and just focus on the gameplay, instead of turning the game to a cartoon game.

This ^
    I think the sims 4 sims are definitely much better looking than the Sims 3 sims, i cannot say that i like the hair though, it looks like a bunch of clay stuck on the sims head.
  • Options
    mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited May 2014
    Butters7 wrote:

TS4 graphics are not worse than TS3 ones; far from it in fact. TS4 graphics have definitely improved over TS3 ones.

Things in TS4 look simpler because of the chosen art style, but that doesn't mean the quality is isn't good. Although TS4 looks simpler than TS3, due to the art style, the quality of the graphics is higher than in TS3.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2014
    Edit: Nevermind. Misinterpreted post. My apologies.
    Post edited by Unknown User on