Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited May 2014
    kazza54

I cannot see your my media page via this website, it is for your use only, please can you tun it into a story, or upload it to a site such as photobucket or flickr, to enable me to judge your entry...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Suzieqz420 wrote:
    Oooh! This looks awesome Suzie! Can't wait to see more!
  • Options
    ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    edited May 2014
    At long last...

Megami Market Pt 2 Intermediate Results are up!

Thanks for your patience everyone.
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited May 2014
    Congrats to all the intermediate winners and the hard work that all of us put in :D

• Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited May 2014
    The advanced results for challenge #244-245 A Distinctly Asian Theme pt 1 are up!

Find out who won here
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited May 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: A DISTINCTLY ASIAN THEME PT2 #246-247

NAME: folala

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8213353

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Folalas/library/Shell Sushi

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, built in Sunset Valley-not sure of address but its on top of where the Wolfes house was. cost 149,753

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Modern 3-storey restaurant/bar with mezzanine level. It was supposed to look a little bit like a fish, with the gills at the front, a tapered body and the statue at the back as a tail but when it was finished it reminded me more of a shell.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:n/a
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited May 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: A Distinctly Asian Theme Pt2 #246-247

NAME: gmcrozier

LINK TO LOT: Will not upload

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/slideshow/360 Sushi

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, address unknown, Riverview $196,707

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

360 Sushi is a modern Japanese eatery, that reigns over a small hilll overlooking the river. With it's unique architecture it is quickly becoming a Riverview landmark. It features a synchronized water fountain zen garden and a roof top terrace for outdoor dining. The 360 Lounge has a spectacular 360 degree view of the surrounding country side.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:

TSR:
    FantasticSims
    Simcredible
    Ung999
    Cyclonesue
    Lulu265
    ziggy28
    Mutske
    Angela
    riccinumbers

Kitkat's Simporium:
    KitKat7147

I hope I didn't miss anyone.
  • Options
    Suzieqz420Suzieqz420 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited May 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM A Distinctly Asian Theme Pt. 2 #246-247

NAME: Suzieqz420

LINK TO LOT: N/A

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Suzieq_420/library/Asian/Sushi?sort=6&page=1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: included with above and also this link
    http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Suzieq_420/library/Asian/Sushi/Sushi Optional?sort=9&page=1

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 $199,999 Right across street from Last Build

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I made a "modern" style with different angels to show different sides of the building. Large amount of parking. Large Indoor Family Dining, Bar with Band stage and dance floor, 2 bathrooms one for each sex, and a cleaning room for the maid. There is also a small outside patio connecting to the Family Dining. The Kitchen is visible from the Dining room through the fish tank. Tons of room for the staff to move around this huge kitchen. The kitchen and restaurant is separated by the waitress station. This is to store plates and such to serve to guests. Its a nice way to stay organized in the kitchen with the servers.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    Everything is EA The Sims 3 content and TSR.
    Kitchen- MINA- Cabinet, food, IrishStar Mina Winerack, Cookerhood, steamer, wok, fridge, saucepans, stockpot, sink, Cabinet Delf, Wine For Two, Mina Islands, Counter, Cabinet, Larder Food.
    Tokaj Noble Extra wine glasses/bottles
    Lulu decor Vase Cream Living 3107 -centerpiece on family dining tables
    Contemperanto Paintingx4- Credo Por Pilar Para Sims3
    ShinoKCRCaribbean Towelestacked, modern japan cookerhood and painting bathroom.
    Asianinspiredoutdoorfountain2 and Deco Bridge Large by Riccinumbers Srs Tsraa
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited May 2014
    Beginner Results for A Distinctly Asian Theme

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/735/279926.page#12015044
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Congrats to Dducknbelle! :) Lovely build!

• Options
    dducknbelledducknbelle Posts: 126 Member
    edited May 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    Congrats to Dducknbelle! :) Lovely build!

Thanks for the double congrats!! lol!! :lol: Thanks again everybody, I love being here and it is great to challenge myself with new builds... Can't wait for you to see the Sushi restaurant lol..I love it but I am bias!! lol :mrgreen:
    I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs~
  • Options
    dducknbelledducknbelle Posts: 126 Member
    edited May 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Distinctly Asian Theme Part Two

NAME: Dducknbelle

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8214196
    LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/dducknbelle77/library/Build and Share/Distinctly Asian theme part two-Sushi Resturant?sort=3&page=1

LEVEL: Beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Lot size:40x40, address: 500 Sunny-side Blvd, Sunset Valley, Final cost approx: 198K

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

This Sushi restaurant has something for everyone. Its best feature other then its incredible food is its view. Its 360 view of the ocean to be exact. Large windows bring with there light an incredible sight the vast and beautiful ocean. In the entry there is eating for the folks that what there sushi to go, or others just waiting for a seat on a busy weekend.

Separate family dinning with booth seating available w/ kids toys, also a game area for the the teens. Formal Dinning area close to kitchen and grill. Numerous tables for two. Plenty of room for all. For the adults and the performers A Lounge/Bar area, with Karaoke stage. Ample seating indoors and outdoors when weather is nice, and two extra sitting outdoor areas for a bit of quiet time too. Also one of its great features is the Teppanyaki grill; were you or our chef can prepare those original dishes with flare and even fire too!

There is a separate picnic area just for employees and towards the back of building there is special employee parking as well.

I used the large fountains to bring the water indoors and create a beautiful moving focal point.

I used the California sushi color palette with, Yellow Orange, Orange, White, Lime green, Yellow, and Black. I really customized the patterns and the walls, even the fountains bricks and tiles all in this color theme it is very bold and very fun.. Hope its not over the top for you all..lol. enjoy. =) Jess

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: none used

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs~
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Suzieqz420 wrote:

How come I only now saw this?!
    Love that you made a little video of it! hihi it cheered me up :) Looks great!

• Options
    glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    edited May 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Build-n-Share Challenge #246-247 A Distinctly Asian Theme Pt2

NAME: glen1974

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8216593

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/gpmcnally1974/library/

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 lot created in Bridgeport on Sterling Parkway opposite Beckett Theater. Final cost $122,030

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Simmin'Sushi is the hippest restaurant in town! Stylish minimalist décor using the relaxing and yet vibrant Sushi and Sake palette.
    On entering the restaurant you will have the option to have a pre dinner drink in our Orange Room Bar. The bar is styled with dark wood panelling with flashes of orange. Rest rooms are located on the first floor.
    The restaurant uses a calm palette of colours as we believe it creates a positive atmosphere to eat and digest. We have enough tables to cater for up to 40 people and the restaurant is fully air conditioned.
    There is also outside seating in our stylishly less is more garden the centre of which is a fountain. Listen to the sound of the water as you eat, drink, relax.
    Simmin'Sushi. Always stylish. Never pretentious.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please! :) My first build ever submitted for a challenge. I have been building for years but am by no means an expert!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC used.
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2014
    ISHTARJMD wrote:
    At long last...

Megami Market Pt 2 Intermediate Results are up!

Thanks for your patience everyone.

-happydance-
    Thank you!! Very exciting =] I can't wait to start working on the next challenges!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    Suzieqz420 wrote:

How come I only now saw this?!
    Love that you made a little video of it! hihi it cheered me up :) Looks great!

Its cool :) It was getting so quiet I fig. I would post something small..great site for a quick free 30sec video, Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm starting to get burnt out on Sims 3. I am getting the 4th when it comes out..Will this type of group still be around for the new game this Fall?
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2014
    Challenge #246-247 is now closed!!

Good luck everyone. Keep your eyes peeled for the next challenge, it will be up shortly...
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2014
    Spring Designer Showdown 2014

“Slow, deep breaths.” You say to yourself.

“Slow, deep breaths.” You repeat.

You are sat waiting for a friend in a small boutique café.

“It's such a shame that Laura doesn't eat fish.” You think to yourself, as you try and calm your nerves. You don't know why this meeting has made you into a nervous wreck, oh, wait, yes you do, it's that time of year, time for the Spring Designer Showdown.

You see a glimpse of colour through the window and wonder if this could be her now. The little bell over the door tinkles as your companion struggle through the door loaded with shopping bags.

“Laura.” You exclaim as she drops her bags and rushes to envelop you in a warm hug.

“How lovely to see you again! Doesn't time fly?” She asks you.

“It surely does, how are you?”

“Oh, you know me, busy, busy, busy, speaking of which, I hope you won't be too busy to participate in this years' Spring Designer Showdown.”

“Me, too busy to take part, you are joking aren't' you?” Giving her a friendly pat on the arm. You sit and both of you start talking at once.

Laughing, Laura reaches into her monstrous handbag and pulls out her tablet.

“I can see your eager to get started, so let;' take a look at what we have in store for you this season.”

Screenshot-21_zps7fc8869f.jpg~original

“Wow.” You say with feeling, as a hundred different possibilities run through your mind.

“I take it it's the same rules as normal?”

Laura smiles and nodes, “Of course, we can't change them after all this time!”

As the waitress brings over your drinks, you scroll across and look at the inspiration items. That is those pieces/items that you can chose to use as your basis for the theme of the home.

Screenshot-20_zps1b77715e.jpg~original

“Oh, what an interesting collection”

“Yep, we thought we'd try something a little more unusual for this round.

You settle in with your coffee and have a good old chin wag with Laura.

Requirements

* Here is the link to the shell: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8205274
    * You cannot change the foundation, walls, and roofing.
    * Yes, all walls, foundation, and roof must remain the same.
    * You can replace doors, windows and stairs, but they have to remain in the same position (meaning if it's a 2 tile window, you have to replace it with a 2 tile window or 2 single tile windows, etc.)
    * You can designate the rooms however you like, but your outcome should be a bedroom house with at least 1.5 bathrooms (a 1/2 bath is one with a toilet and sink)
    * You can (and should) CAStyle any and all doors, archways, walkways, windows, etc included in the shell.
    * You can't change the roof shape, but you can change the texture and colour.
    * You can add structural elements for landscaping purposes, such as a greenhouse, gazebo, or a carport (no garages), but they cannot be attached to the main house.
    * You CAN change, add or delete any fencing.
    * This must be on a 40x40 lot in Sunset Valley.
    * THERE IS NO BUDGET!
    * The theme is completely up to you. It does not have to be Spring themed, but your house should reflect your inspirational object. (It should be pretty clear to the judges from just viewing your pictures which object you were inspired by.
    * Your inspirational object must be included in your final lot.
    * You can only have ONE inspirational object.
    * You do not need any expansion packs to compete. The house was built with only base game elements.
    * CC is allowed, but please list/link/credit them when you submit so that down-loaders can find them!
    * Entry must be fully landscaped and decorated.

Optional Challenge

Cover Shot Challenge: Enter ONE screenshot of your lot that best represents what your lot is about. It can be a shot of anything from your build. There will be ONE optional challenge winner for the challenge .
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ATTENTION INTERMEDIATE ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE 244-245

At long last your results are now available here.

Apologies for the delay.
  • Options
    DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    edited May 2014
    For the Spring Designer Showdown, the inspiration has to be one of the four items shown? What is the third item (between the espresso thing and the flower bucket)?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Suzieqz420 wrote:
    I'm starting to get burnt out on Sims 3. I am getting the 4th when it comes out..Will this type of group still be around for the new game this Fall?

I have no clue if it will continue for the Sims 4. Maybe we should discuss that :) Not everyone will get Sims 4. I think it would be nice though :)

• Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited May 2014
    For the Spring Designer Showdown, the inspiration has to be one of the four items shown? What is the third item (between the espresso thing and the flower bucket)?

It's the video game goggles.

How many bedrooms is this supposed to have? The number is omitted in the brief.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    edited May 2014
    This looks lots of fun and NO budget .. what a treat! It says existing walls are to remain, but can we add new walls inside the house? :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited May 2014
    Okay, so I have placed the shell for the new challenge and there is a roof wall on the 2nd floor, that doesn't even line up with any of the rooves. May we remove this odd wall? it is obviously not meant to be there. Also if we could get clarification on the number of bedrooms, it would be helpful.

Also there is no door to the room on the left on the second floor. Are we permitted to add interior doors or archways?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top