Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Water Sports in Aurora Skies (Picture Spam) :)

Hey everyone! :)

I have discovered that the thermal lake at Aurora Skies is AWESOME for water sports. I put a few ports around the lake which allowed other townies to boat in the lake as well. I also saw some townies autonomously swimming in the lake when I took my sim to Basalt Beach.

Here is an example of a port I created:

Screenshot-76.jpg

Here are some pictures of my sim windsurfing and doing tricks on the thermal lake. Seeing the steam rise from the water was really a sight to see. It just made the experience a lot more fun to watch:

Screenshot-80.jpg

Screenshot-81.jpg

Screenshot-82.jpg

Screenshot-79.jpg

Screenshot-83.jpg

Screenshot-86.jpg

I also created a 35x25 "beach" lot over the land and much of the water in the area in front of the middle waterfalls of the thermal lake. This allowed me to place the surfing PC object practically under the waterfalls. It created some great pics:

Screenshot-78.jpg

Screenshot-88.jpg

Screenshot-89.jpg

Screenshot-92.jpg

Screenshot-91.jpg

Screenshot-90.jpg

Screenshot-96.jpg

Screenshot-94.jpg

Screenshot-95.jpg

Finally, here is a pic of my sim towards the end of the day returning home. I hope you enjoyed the pics! :mrgreen: 8)

Screenshot-97.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited May 2014
    Interesting. I love you picture spam.

I'm playing in Aurora Skies at the moment so I might try doing something with the lake too. I was planning to let my Sims do a bit of boating.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited May 2014
    The pictures of your sim wind surfing and using the wave machine in Aurora Skies are very nice ! :) It is great seeing them. Thanks for posting them and sharing them with us. :)
  • Options
    MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    edited May 2014
    I really like where you placed the surfing machine. I play in Aurora Skies quite a lot so I will have to give your idea a try.
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited May 2014
    Lovely pics :) Thank you for sharing them. Love the one where the board is up in the air; nice shot :shock: :)
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello Mistletoe :) I am AS now, and I tried windsurfing there yesterday after you shared a post about how much fun it was, and I agree, yes, it is very cool :D
    Thank you for posting these awesome images :thumbup:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited May 2014
    Great pics & awesome idea! Thank you for sharing them with us, Mistletoe! :D
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    Brrrr... I imagine it's a bit cold though! :lol:

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!!! :D

Oh... and don't forget the dive lots!
  • Options
    DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh that looks like so much fun, Mistletoe!
    Great pics!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2014
    Very nice! :-)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited May 2014
    Bravo. :)
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2014
    :-o Very nice..I cant use world editor in my games to place lots it always messes up my games. :cry::cry:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you, everyone, for your comments. I'm glad that I've given some ideas for you all to use and you all enjoyed the pics.

Also, Cinderelli, the water is not that bad. It's hot water and it's summertime, so my sim should be ok (at least for now). ;)

Also, I'm going to try dive lots next, but I've attempted them before and it didn't work out... So, I really need to study better the tutorials out there, because I definitely want to create dive lots in worlds where it is possible. Thank you, Cinderelli, for the link! *Must put on my thinking cap!*

And Craven, I'm sorry to hear that you can't use the world editor! That must be frustrating, because I know I am always using it to squeeze in lots here and there in my worlds. I hope you are able to figure it out! *hugs*
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'll be watching out for picture spam round 2 then! I followed Bet Bet's (Weealbet's) tutorial and found it super helpful! Especially the bit about the fog emitter effects. I keep going back to that bit! :D
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2014
    That looks like so much fun, thanks for the pictures! Just started playing in AS recently so I'll have to try that out :D
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited May 2014
    Awesome!!

I don't have AS yet, but I'm sure I'll get it someday. And I will add some water sports there too. Great idea! :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey everyone! :)

I have discovered that the thermal lake at Aurora Skies is AWESOME for water sports. I put a few ports around the lake which allowed other townies to boat in the lake as well. I also saw some townies autonomously swimming in the lake when I took my sim to Basalt Beach.

Here is an example of a port I created:

Here are some pictures of my sim windsurfing and doing tricks on the thermal lake. Seeing the steam rise from the water was really a sight to see. It just made the experience a lot more fun to watch:

I also created a 35x25 "beach" lot over the land and much of the water in the area in front of the middle waterfalls of the thermal lake. This allowed me to place the surfing PC object practically under the waterfalls. It created some great pics:

It's been such a long time since I played in Aurora Skies, which is a shame because it's one of my favourite worlds lol. I love what you did! The big, luxury pool area is a great lot to convert into a resort too! I added an extra floor and spa items to the lot, it was epic!!

I love what you've done! :D
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you to all the additional responders and a very special thank you to lucyvp86. I appreciate all the links!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Happy Simming! :)