Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Classic NPCs that NEED to return!!

I miss some of the memorable NPC Sims that were in the first 2 games. It felt that they were just pushed aside in Sims 3.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Lucille
The palm reader and fortune teller From Unleashed! She was awesome. Would be an awesome edition in the New Orleans-esque town we saw in Sims 4. She even revived the dead too!

The Pet Trainer from Unleashed. For a fee, could train your pets while your Sims had other things to do. He was only in Olde Town, but it'd be neat to call him over to train our pets (hopefully a future EP)

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ_matchmaker
The Matchmaker!
I found it dumb and frustrating how every Sim in Sims 3 was attracted to each other, whether they were single or in a relationship! The Online Dating in Sims 3 was neat, but became a flop. Not to mention, the dates were boring. There was no way to tell if they were having a good time for sure or not.

Tragic Clown, the Penguin from Sims 2 Seasons was so freaking adorable... here's a list of the NPCs from all the Sims games if any of you are curious.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Category:NPCs

I know there's like huge time gaps in the Sims plot line, like these NPCs might be dead, or not even born yet, but I just think it would be an awesome edition of similar NPCs had a cameo in Sims 4.
TTOVikb.png
Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

Comments

• Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited May 2014
    Kaylynn_Langeraks_Original_Appearance_in_TS2.jpg
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2014
    I miss the male townie that was a maid in the base game. He actually worked really hard. It was really funny when he would sit to eat with my Sims if they served a meal to the table.

I bet some of you do miss the maids asking your Sims if you want to hang out with them after they get done with their work. The first time I saw that I was like 'what?'...LOL.

I just loved the Unsavory Charlatan. Reminded me of the evil guy in Dudley Do-Right cartoons. I think some of you may be too young to make the connection. His snicker was great when he found a mark. :P

Some of the funniest times in my game were when the Sim would punch the social bunny or he/she would make fun of my Sims and get them all riled up.

And I really enjoyed the therapist because no one else could see him but look at the crashed Sim and make those hand signals saying the Sim had went nuts. Or when the hobbie NPC would walk into my karaoke sessions and do that because they thought my Sims were nuts for trying to sing karaoke (with others playing insturments) while I pretended they were a band.

I like the mime showing up at dull parties in TS1, too.

And I don't feel it's the Sims without old grumy Mrs. Crumplebottom slapping around my Sims for wearing swim wear in public. After all she was a real prude.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited May 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    I miss the male townie that was a maid in the base game. He actually worked really hard. It was really funny when he would sit to eat with my Sims if they served a meal to the table.

I bet some of you do miss the maids asking your Sims if you want to hang out with them after they get done with their work. The first time I saw that I was like 'what?'...LOL.

I just loved the Unsavory Charlatan. Reminded me of the evil guy in Dudley Do-Right cartoons. I think some of you may be too young to make the connection. His snicker was great when he found a mark. :P

Some of the funniest times in my game were when the Sim would punch the social bunny or he/she would make fun of my Sims and get them all riled up.

And I really enjoyed the therapist because no one else could see him but look at the crashed Sim and make those hand signals saying the Sim had went nuts. Or when the hobbie NPC would walk into my karaoke sessions and do that because they thought my Sims were nuts for trying to sing karaoke (with others playing insturments) while I pretended they were a band.

I like the mime showing up at dull parties in TS1, too.

And I don't feel it's the Sims without old grumy Mrs. Crumplebottom slapping around my Sims for wearing swim wear in public. After all she was a real prude.

This though :mrgreen:
    I loved the Social Bunny. NPC's were a lot more dynamic in TS2 let's hope they're shown at E3.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm with you guys on the maids (from TS1 & TS2, males & females) and Mrs. Crumplebottom, the social bunny & the therapist, and the matchmaker & the palm reader.

I'm also going to add the cameo appearances from stars from Superstar (I loved how Drew Carey would show up to my parties!) and the Count/Contessa from TS2 Nightlife. I also miss Alfred, the TS1 butler. He'd give a nice smack across that obsessed fan's face! Expansions aside, Grimmy really needs to make a return. I'm debating about the nannies. I loved the position and idea, but they always set my house on fire. Never failed at burning the stinkin' microwave :evil:
  • Options
    AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited May 2014
    Mrs. Crumplebottom and her infamous purse-o-rocks :P
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited May 2014
    I wonder if they will ever include the cow mascot at the University EP in TS4..
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm with everyone on the Mrs. Crumplebottom NPC ... I loved her reactions to romantic interactions between unmarried sims in public LOL
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2014
    Azarinop2 wrote:
    Kaylynn_Langeraks_Original_Appearance_in_TS2.jpg

Yep! This was who I was thinking about too! :lol:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    The social bunny was hilarious , except I couldn't hold him hostage.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2014
    :) I've only played Sims 3.

I hope Santa NPC comes back in Sims 4. Nearly every country benefits from the presents bought in the holiday season, so there shouldn't be a problem with having him in a game. I really wanted this in Sims 3; so hoping it comes back in Sims 4.

I really liked the looks of:

Vicki Vampiress
    Father time
    Wise old man
    Someone's mummy
    Calista Desprit(nanny)
    Jimmy Two Shoes

I wanted a gardner-for-hire and live in nanny for the Sims 3, but alas... Hopefully, they will be in the Sims 4.

Thanks for showing these. I haven't seen this before and love it when people share like this. :P
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    I definitely want the gardener to return for sure, hopefully she/he can access all the plants we'll grow an won't have to complain about "obstacles" like in Sims 2... not having the gardener in Sims 3 was frustrating because I had so many harvestables that kept dying on me and my Sims were usually too busy to tend to them.
    TTOVikb.png

• Options
    Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would like the small old lady that cleaned and repaired everything in the Downtown in, The Sims One.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    edited May 2014
    ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Matchmaker

Gardener

The Cake Dancer from TS1

Goopi

Jill Smith

Santa Clause
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2014
    Claire the bear from the sims 1
    the cage dancers from the sims 1
    the mimes from the sims 1
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2014
    I still want the Gardener back, together with proper functioning gardens.
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited May 2014
    Nancy the paper girl from sims 1.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014
    NPCs need to be EXTINCT. There. I said it.

Give sims living in town the jobs! Say no to aliens!
  • Options
    Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited May 2014

OMG. I LOVE CLAIRE THE BEAR. SHE IS SO ADORABLE AND I ALWAYS FEEL BAD FOR HER.

And the party dancers were pretty interesting, so they can come :wink:.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Claire was my favorite! I got a kick out of her, especially when she tried to get some honey (Makin' Magic) and got chased by bees. Poor bear!

I really loved the dancers popping out of that cake. I miss that quirkiness that made the Sims different from other simulation games.
    TTOVikb.png

• Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited May 2014

Claire was my favorite! I got a kick out of her, especially when she tried to get some honey (Makin' Magic) and got chased by bees. Poor bear!

I really loved the dancers popping out of that cake. I miss that quirkiness that made the Sims different from other simulation games.

Yes, Thumbs up for the return of Bunny the Dancer and Clairie :thumbup:
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    Aliens!!!
    235px-ALIENS%21.jpg

Sunny - The Tragic Clown
    250px-Tragic_Clawn.png

The Social Bunny~
    250px-Social_Bunny.jpg

Brigit - The Maid
    180px-Maid_making_bed.PNG

Kaylynn Langerak
    250px-Kaylynn_Langerak_%28The_Sims_2%29.jpg

Chip and Bunny - The Entertainers
    235px-Entertainers.PNG

[img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120815124642/sims/images/thumb/8/82/๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ_Matchmaker.png/235px-๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ_Matchmaker.png[/img]

Grand Vampires!!!
    235px-Count_Armando_Roennigke.png

Hula Zombies!
    250px-Hula_Zombie%27s_Original_Appearance.jpg

The Nanny
    250px-SophieMiguelN.png

The Gardener
    235px-Gardener.jpg

I miss these people!!!
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited May 2014
    Kaylynn Langerak was in 3 as well as her family. She was either a teen to YA depending on which game you played. I never played her because I had already done her story in 2. Daniel Pleasant seduced her got divorced from his wife moved out moved in with Kaylyn got her pregnant and then cheated on her with someone younger and not pregnant and then moved out with her. Boy what a jerk Daniel!!! I eventually was able to get her married to a guy who actually appreciated her and they had a couple of children, together.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    Aliens!!!
    235px-ALIENS%21.jpg

Sunny - The Tragic Clown
    250px-Tragic_Clawn.png

The Social Bunny~
    250px-Social_Bunny.jpg

Brigit - The Maid
    180px-Maid_making_bed.PNG

Kaylynn Langerak
    250px-Kaylynn_Langerak_%28The_Sims_2%29.jpg

Chip and Bunny - The Entertainers
    235px-Entertainers.PNG

[img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120815124642/sims/images/thumb/8/82/๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ_Matchmaker.png/235px-๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ_Matchmaker.png[/img]

Grand Vampires!!!
    235px-Count_Armando_Roennigke.png

Hula Zombies!
    250px-Hula_Zombie%27s_Original_Appearance.jpg

The Nanny
    250px-SophieMiguelN.png

The Gardener
    235px-Gardener.jpg

I miss these people!!!

Aliens aren't necessarily NPCs. They can be added to the family either through birth or inviting them to join the family once they've become close friends, but they're not really as memorable or unique as the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Matchmaker, or the Social Bunny.
    TTOVikb.png

• Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited May 2014
    The therapist must make a comeback! There is a big emphasis on emotions, and if my sims gets depressed, I'm gonna need a therapist to help console them. :lol:
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2014
    I miss the gardeners, the nannies, the butlers, also the broke family, I forget their names as I haven't played that game in years now, but I do remember how busy they kept me when I played that family, by the time she had a teenage son, a baby son and pregnant with her 3rd, it was so much fun. I miss Bigfoot as well from the holiday EP. :D