Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

Comments

• Options
    Innuendo21Innuendo21 Posts: 655 Member
    edited May 2014
    This set looks amazing! Unfortunately I don't have the money this month but I'm loving seeing everyone's pictures. :XD:
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited May 2014
    Curved%2520Stairs%25201.jpg
    I've search the curved stairchase ingame where i can find it?

I believe they are under misc décor and look like 'eyelashes'. :lol:

You place a normal staircase and the curved sides are décor pieces.
    Someone else said that they are indeed in Misc. Decor and are priced at 100 Simoleans. That should narrow down the search.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited May 2014
    Innuendo21 wrote:
    This set looks amazing! Unfortunately I don't have the money this month but I'm loving seeing everyone's pictures. :XD:

Pictures, Where?
  • Options
    Innuendo21Innuendo21 Posts: 655 Member
    edited May 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    Innuendo21 wrote:

Pictures, Where?
    Well, there aren't many in this thread but there's a lot around the forum. :D
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited May 2014
    I just caught myself up on this fast moving thread and I am laughing so hard I can't breathe :lol::lol: I should be ashamed of myself :shock: ......anyway I love this set everything about it I was so pleased to buy it..soooo happy and I can't wait to check out these pics from others...I know it will be amazing...time to click some links
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited May 2014
    Haven't done anything w/ set yet.
    I'm just messing around until I get an idea HOW to do waterpark that doesn't come out all wrong :lol:
    This might be a good sign I need a nap. :oops:
    1st was this...but no good...
    5bb48k.jpg
    Then this...
    21jro1j.jpg
    Then tried to make an "all-weather" outdoor area :lol:
    20hk6x1.jpg
    I hear that bulldozer revving it's engine in the background! :lol:
    I should start getting more sleep so I can actually get ideas not so lame :lol::lol:
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been playing with my new toys. I really wanted the tower to be a part of the house that I could use and not just décor, but they gave us all those nifty roof bits, so I made my own. You will notice my homemade stained glass windows, too (they are Sim-taken photos laid on top of a regular window). I just got that idea so there are still a few kinks to work out.

4ba32b66-549e-4ced-8e16-cdebe06392ad.jpg"width=700"

Here is a view inside the tower (since I am going to tear this down, I didn't paint the walls or try to camouflage the edges of my stained glass frames at all_.

30ac1c86-5dfd-4c09-aa2f-471b4921abd0.jpg"width=700"

I also played some with using patterns and not just colors to recolor our new stained glass windows. Here is metal, a pattern, and tile. I kinda like the tile one. :D

bc366ec6-faf4-4482-a85c-9c932194c43a.jpg"height=700"

97f8139d-e3fd-4b1a-832f-70addd7d1bce.jpg"height=700"

33e17f60-8fe4-4226-a30d-88730cbc81b9.jpg"height=700"
    oow785m
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    Zoo

interesting

I really wish the tower was useable too... and that the windows in teh roof would let in light... and let a floor to them (even if it was a 1x2 area that can hardly be used) it would just make better attics...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    Haven't done anything w/ set yet.
    I'm just messing around until I get an idea HOW to do waterpark that doesn't come out all wrong :lol:
    This might be a good sign I need a nap. :oops:
    1st was this...but no good...
    5bb48k.jpg
    Then this...
    21jro1j.jpg
    Then tried to make an "all-weather" outdoor area :lol:
    20hk6x1.jpg
    I hear that bulldozer revving it's engine in the background! :lol:
    I should start getting more sleep so I can actually get ideas not so lame :lol::lol:

Wow! I love this idea!!! :shock:

I just tried to build a cheap starter home using the broken stuff but it came in at over 20,000 simoleans. :? There's nothing in it except spiders! How is it so expensive!? :XD: Oh, and I got a challenge and Cinderelli-sim is sharing her tiny broken empty house with three creepy ghosts! I never place with ghosts (except the occasional graveyard visit) so I'm properly creeped out right now! :shock:

I just sold all Cinderelli-sims stuff though and set her family funds to 10 simoleans! I'm going to save the game and do my own little survival challenge! :D
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    yea would have been nice if the broken stuff was cheep
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited May 2014
    Blythelyre wrote:
    Copeland...Alan - may I call you Alan? - since you never responded to my earlier question, I have a compromise...how about you adopt ME?!? :shock: :?:

Well, my wife just said "no" to another puppy... but sure! What the heck? :lol:

Listen sir, I'm much better than a dog! I have a steady paying job, I can cook and clean...you wouldn't even be obligated to shelter me (for long). So when can I move in...

Wait, would I have to move to California?! I'm an east coast girl. hmmm. We shall overcome! Make sure you pass all this along to the Missus...I want her to like me! (Does she like turtles?)

Now all I have to do is figure out how to break the news to my mommy...

14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited May 2014
    I just really want the broken stuff...
    You're too late.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been playing with my new toys. I really wanted the tower to be a part of the house that I could use and not just décor, but they gave us all those nifty roof bits, so I made my own. You will notice my homemade stained glass windows, too (they are Sim-taken photos laid on top of a regular window). I just got that idea so there are still a few kinks to work out.

Here is a view inside the tower (since I am going to tear this down, I didn't paint the walls or try to camouflage the edges of my stained glass frames at all_.

30ac1c86-5dfd-4c09-aa2f-471b4921abd0.jpg"width=700"

I also played some with using patterns and not just colors to recolor our new stained glass windows. Here is metal, a pattern, and tile. I kinda like the tile one. :D

bc366ec6-faf4-4482-a85c-9c932194c43a.jpg"height=700"

97f8139d-e3fd-4b1a-832f-70addd7d1bce.jpg"height=700"

33e17f60-8fe4-4226-a30d-88730cbc81b9.jpg"height=700"

Zoo, that is a great idea... building your own tower, and it looks just like the "fake" one! I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" :lol: that idea from you!? It would be so much better if it was useable space. Also really like how you re-colored the stained glass windows!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited May 2014
    @ZooProfessor3

You always find the coolest ways to make use of stuff! <3 what you did there! :mrgreen:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited May 2014
    i so want those Mansard roof decorations so bad lol
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Tiki5872,

You absolutely should "borrow" anything you saw in my post! I am loving the stuff like the porch swing I saw using the new chain, so I will be borrowing some ideas myself. We shall call it "research". :mrgreen:

exotickitten,

Thanks! I have to say that my mind is racing thinking of new ways to do "homemade" stained glass patterns, I really like how my fake stained glass windows turned out. My favorite thing is to use something in a new or unexpected way. I have a build right now that is going to have a secret door INSIDE a fireplace.

Thanks to both of you for posting,
    Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited May 2014
    Tiki5872,

You absolutely should "borrow" anything you saw in my post! I am loving the stuff like the porch swing I saw using the new chain, so I will be borrowing some ideas myself. We shall call it "research". :mrgreen:

exotickitten,

Thanks! I have to say that my mind is racing thinking of new ways to do "homemade" stained glass patterns, I really like how my fake stained glass windows turned out. My favorite thing is to use something in a new or unexpected way. I have a build right now that is going to have a secret door INSIDE a fireplace.

Zoo

I'm not sure how you did those stained glass items but I love them!

And to be honest- when I saw how the roof comes in pieces it intimidated me just a little lol Don't think I've ever used anything but the regular ol' roof stuff in build. Going to have to gather some courage & see how they work. :oops:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Tiki5872,

exotickitten,

Zoo

And to be honest- when I saw how the roof comes in pieces it intimidated me just a little lol Don't think I've ever used anything but the regular ol' roof stuff in build. Going to have to gather some courage & see how they work. :oops:

The homemade stained glass windows are Sim-taken photographs of a pattern I made in CAP where I used a photo of real stained glass windows. Then I colored the frames of the photos to match the window I was using and I put the photos inside and outside so that your view from both sides shows stained glass.

It won't show light through it, but other than that, it is a really good effect (and I might be able to use some of the hidden lights in a tricky way to give the appearance that light is showing through).

The great news for me, since I build for other people, is that this will not put any pattern or CC into the downloader's game, just a Sim-taken photo. :D

I am taking suggestions right now on a different thread about building courses people would like to see using Store content and one of the suggestions is a course on using the roof pieces from the Store (like from the greenhouse and the dance studio). I think that would include the mansard roof pieces, too.

Here is that thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/750152.page

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    LolixchanLolixchan Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    So I've never actually posted on the forums until this venue came out... and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but does anyone else see the striking resemblance to Rose Red from Stephen King's "Rose Red" and "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" that this venue displays? Not that I'd ever, ever, EVER complain about that -- those are two of my favorite horror films. I actually mean it as a compliment, especially if it's actually supposed to look like Rose Red and if it is, my only minor complaint is that the Rose Tower doesn't have the window, but then, that'd probably get y'all in trouble, huh? Either way, it makes me happy and when I get the money, this venue will definitely be in my game. :D
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited May 2014

I love the idea of the usable tower, and the stained glass windows are beautiful!

I wasn't going to buy the new set right away, but I've already caved in and bought it - no will power at all. :lol: It's really a great set, so I don't feel too bad about being such a pushover. :P
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    LittleLeotaLittleLeota Posts: 680 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well, silly me. I'd made quotes from 4 people over 5 pages of thread, and then accidentally closed the wrong window. :oops: :-(

So, to kateoverend, brsy, Cinderellimouse and AmaraRena, thank you for your cheer! I'm feeling better still today, and it means so much to me that you all are so kind. :)

brsy - I have two Sim versions of my family in game. One is when my kids were still little, and the other is when they're a bit older and we're all Supernaturals! :lol: I'll try to get some pics up soon. :)

AmaraRena - I love the new set! The tower and roof pieces are much bigger than I'd imagined, so I'm going to have to redo/rethink some of my Addams Family house. I'm nowhere near as close as I wanted to be on it by now; I'm also doing the current Zoo U coursework, and I've been having a blast chatting here on the forums, and then I wasn't feeling well, so yeah. Whew!

Anyway, I took a few pics of some of the pieces I had ideas for right away.

These first two pics are my Addams build. Both are in the Foyer, so that should give you some idea as to how far behind I am. I have a lot planned, but not a lot built.

In this pic of the Foyer you see the lace curtains (I don't remember the actual name of them, but they're in the new set.) I used MOO to add the single panel Manor curtains (I think that's what they're called) over the top of them, much like in the t.v. show. One of the things that makes this build difficult is the outside of the house doesn't match the interior scenes on the show. Example: the outside shows two windows, the inside shows one. I went with two because it just looks better, plus with the larger Tower/Roof pieces, I'm going to have to make this entire area bigger anyway.
    Screenshot-457.jpg

This picture shows the "now" version of one of the two paintings. With my Gomez sim sitting on the loveseat beneath it, you get an idea of how big this painting is!
    Screenshot-458.jpg

These next two pics are from my Dracula's Castle WIP.

This first one is in the children's playroom. It's an attic room, btw. :twisted: I haven't finished with the decor, but I knew right away these webs were going up with the spider!
    Screenshot-459.jpg

This pic is of the musicians' platform in the Grand Ballroom. I put up the awesome portrait of Countess Bathory :wink: in this area. Although you can't tell from the pic, this room is very large so it gives the illusion that the portrait isn't that big, but it is!
    Screenshot-460.jpg

That's it for now until I get the tower/roofs the way I want them. :D
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited May 2014
    Lolixchan wrote:
    So I've never actually posted on the forums until this venue came out... and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but does anyone else see the striking resemblance to Rose Red from Stephen King's "Rose Red" and "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" that this venue displays? Not that I'd ever, ever, EVER complain about that -- those are two of my favorite horror films. I actually mean it as a compliment, especially if it's actually supposed to look like Rose Red and if it is, my only minor complaint is that the Rose Tower doesn't have the window, but then, that'd probably get y'all in trouble, huh? Either way, it makes me happy and when I get the money, this venue will definitely be in my game. :D

Awesome welcome to the forums I love those movies to.

Eveebella
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Tiki5872,

exotickitten,

Zoo

The homemade stained glass windows are Sim-taken photographs of a pattern I made in CAP where I used a photo of real stained glass windows. Then I colored the frames of the photos to match the window I was using and I put the photos inside and outside so that your view from both sides shows stained glass.

It won't show light through it, but other than that, it is a really good effect (and I might be able to use some of the hidden lights in a tricky way to give the appearance that light is showing through).

The great news for me, since I build for other people, is that this will not put any pattern or CC into the downloader's game, just a Sim-taken photo. :D

I am taking suggestions right now on a different thread about building courses people would like to see using Store content and one of the suggestions is a course on using the roof pieces from the Store (like from the greenhouse and the dance studio). I think that would include the mansard roof pieces, too.

Here is that thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/750152.page

Zoo

Thank you for the link & info Zoo!

I have worked with the greenhouse roof- forgot about that one- but could definitely use some pointers as I usually struggle a little. I tried once to use a small piece of the studio roof & gave up lol
    Am going to check out the thread you mentioned-
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    LttleLeota

Nice pics! Looks like you have a great start on your build- love your Adams family! And great idea with layering the curtains. I had wondered if that would be possible with some of them & you answered that question!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Lolixchan wrote:

Welcome to the forums Lolixchan!
    I haven't seen either movie but I do love the venues! I actually placed the 'now' version in a game & am trying to 'fix it up'. Not as easy as one might think. But taking it apart is showing me some 'tricks' that have been used for effects etc so I'm learning stuff as I go!