Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

Comments

• Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited May 2014
    BTW folks, if you're wondering who the amazing artist is who put those venues together, it's the wonderfully talented SimGuruKitty!

(Can you tell that I'm one of her biggest fans?)

Love the floor patterns and the garden, the entire build is beautifully done. Oh and a pet peeve of mine; not a single routing error! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited May 2014
    All great ideas!

You could add a cellar for the dance floor perhaps, its a bit tricky to do with foundations that are already preplaced, however I know some of the talented builders have pulled it off.

ps. simgurucopeland builds amazing stuff and I'm his biggest fan. His rollercoaster venue dazzles me and some of the store items he has planned for you all coming up are looking pretty awesome.

(edited for bad grammar)

Hello!! I absolutely adore your lots! They look amazing! So much detail goes into them and I have picked up some neat little tricks from you!

I can't wait to see what you will do next :D
  • Options
    SimGuruKittySimGuruKitty Posts: 10 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for all the kind complements and of course kitties. One can never have too many kitties. Hmm, I take that back, some people can definitely have too many kitties.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you, SimGuruKitty! I can't wait to get home from work and download this set! Moonlight Falls, here I come!

kitty_and_goldfish.jpg
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited May 2014
    One can never have too many kitties. Hmm, I take that back, some people can definitely have too many kitties.
    Thank YOU for greatly improving the quality of the Sims homes!

This is the best home/lot set, besides the Villa Paraíso (FL), that I am keeping in my town! :thumbup:

I can't build very well at all :oops:

So its really appreciated to see this set.
    The broke roof pieces on floor below? I never thought of that :oops:
    Quite funny! I will never look at the platform the same way again! :mrgreen:
    Many other nice touches to the builds!

Look forward to what you have "in Store" for us next time! :lol:

PS, I miss my cats! :cry:
    (reason? in My Page "about me")
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited May 2014
    BTW folks, if you're wondering who the amazing artist is who put those venues together, it's the wonderfully talented SimGuruKitty!

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, really creative on what you did with both lots and how you made the theme work well as a home from "Then" to a home "Now".

Keep up the good work on future venues. :thumbup:
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited May 2014
    I am not inpressed,

Sorry.
    wasn't the guru's talking about some kind of premium content in these two venues?

Not even remotely. In fact, we said the exact opposite.

I can swear that they did,

Still no.
    and here the venue is, with no premium content and all these leftover objects.

You mean the fence that's recreated from Sims 1 that's never been released before and is actually called "Forgotten Ironwork Fence"?
    Milk milk milk

Consider this: http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:68675&categoryId=13062&scategoryId=13177

Have a wonderful day and Happy Simming!
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited May 2014

#GetSimGuruKittyOnTwitter :D

I fully support this Tag!
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited May 2014

SimplySimazing, I'm so sorry about your cats.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited May 2014
    I am not inpressed,
    Milk milk milk

Consider this: http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:68675&categoryId=13062&scategoryId=13177

Have a wonderful day and Happy Simming!
    NOW I'm going to have to stop having iced coffee while reading forums here! :lol:
    I almost chocked on my iced coffee - 2nd one today! :shock:
    (maybe shouldn't be having a over quart of it in one day either :oops: )
    dizzydee wrote:

SimplySimazing, I'm so sorry about your cats.
    Thanks! I feel worse cuz my kids miss them too...esp older son that will be 20 next month. The cat acted like he was hers! :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    CHimechAngaCHimechAnga Posts: 290 Member
    edited May 2014
    hehehehe Kudos to the Gurus and store team!! WOOT!! This is an excellent venue...er venues. I snapped it right up. Was so glad it was on sale too! I had just enough sim points and so this made my day. Can't wait to see all this incredible stuff in game. I'm especially excited about the busted up stuff. I really do love the idea of creating a fixer upper house and way to go Nik with the idea of using Classically Fixer Upper Car in the Now venue ;)

Anyway I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with using all these great new items!
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ooh, this looks stunning! :mrgreen:

The mere fact that it has a sale tag currently is almost enough to make me splurge on points. Almost, but not quite :lol: I guess I'll try to save up for this at some point.

I think I love the look of the paintings the most :D

For now, I'm going to go hunting for pictures ^_^
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited May 2014
    I love these venues!!!! I am so so so happy happy happy!!!!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited May 2014
    I am not simming, because we are going to play a story. Sometimes we do that. The last one was Called "Trouble in Lunar Lakes" - very complicated. It involved a Private Investigator, an Evil Alchemist, a Lonely Simbot (not Plumbbot), and a Beautiful Witch. This one is going to be based (very, very loosely) on the Asylum Challenge* but first we need a title and plot (of sorts - it is The Sims). So... I am reading the forums while I wait for the Authors to come up with a draft. :wink:

tumblr_m6rrifwdRw1qer6i8o1_500.gif

*http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t89-asylum-challenge
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited May 2014
    I replaced the door in the attic with the grim door *LIFE OR DEATH DOOR*....open it if you dare :twisted: ...it's creepy and funny at the same time ..I sent my sim to test and open it and when the reaper came out I jumped in rl and my sim smiled <lol> I wanted to place it somewhere and the best place for me was the side door in the attic with the empty crates ...I really think gurukitty left the litle door spot for me just do that :oops: :oops: I MEAN FOR US...YES for US TO DO JUST THAT :lol::lol: now on to other creative ideas :twisted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited May 2014
    and here the venue is, with no premium content and all these leftover objects.

You mean the fence that's recreated from Sims 1 that's never been released before and is actually called "Forgotten Ironwork Fence"?

That actually made me laugh out loud :lol: Well played, sir.

@Tiki, both sets of your pictures are gorgeous! I was just talking about how I am on the fence about getting this because I'm not a builder, but I came over to this thread and now your photos of the "then" venue in particular are swaying me toward buying it. I don't normally play in big houses, but I might have to have this one.

@SimGuruKitty, Looks like you did a beautiful job. I love the coloring in the house, and am smitten with the kitchen.
  • Options
    simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited May 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    I am not simming, because we are going to play a story. Sometimes we do that. The last one was Called "Trouble in Lunar Lakes" - very complicated. It involved a Private Investigator, an Evil Alchemist, a Lonely Simbot (not Plumbbot), and a Beautiful Witch. This one is going to be based (very, very loosely) on the Asylum Challenge* but first we need a title and plot (of sorts - it is The Sims). So... I am reading the forums while I wait for the Authors to come up with a draft. :wink:

I've seen quite a few of your posts around here, and I just want to say I think it's awesome that you play together with your granddaughters. :mrgreen: What a nice way to bond and help them develop their creativity.

edit: I hope that's not odd. I lurk A LOT :P
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    The "now" version is gonna get a fixer-upper car from Roaring Heights. I think I'll keep it in disrepair. :P
    Great idea! :thumbup:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

HUZZAH FOR SIMGURUKITTY! I LOVE HER WORK!
    This! :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    brsy wrote:
    I replaced the door in the attic with the grim door....open it if you dare :twisted: ...it's creepy and funny at the same time ..I sent my sim to test and open it and when the reaper came out I jumped in rl and my sim smiled <lol> I wanted to place it somewhere and the best place for me was the side door in the attic with the empty crates ...I really think gurukitty left the liitle door spot for me just do that :oops: :oops: I MEAN FOR US...YES for US TO DO JUST THAT :lol::lol: now on to other creative ideas :twisted:

♥♥♥♥ (¯`*•.¸♥♫ ♫ t░h░a░n░k░-░y░o░u ♫♫ ♥¸.•*´¯) ♥♥♥♥

brsy, thank you for your caring and generous gift *huge big squishy hugs* I am deeply touched by your kindness :) (◕‿◕) *love and hugs*

Note: Did you see my thank you post here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/2145/748109.page on page 144
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited May 2014
    Really like the two venues and all the build items in between! Oh also like that the price was reduced for the first few days of it being out. :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    :( must be a glitch beacuse it's not working now :(:(

awwwww you are so welcomed Kate hugs and enjoy:-) :)
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2014
    The venues look amazing in those photos! I am definitely going to get this set next time I am able to purchase simpoints.

SGKitty- wonderful job on the lots. I would so love to see more of your work in the future.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2014
    First off wanted to publicly thank Nik :mrgreen: for this venue I went to look at the objects earlier and got the download button took me a while to figure it out..Again Thank you nik.Havent gotten to play it yet I blew up my photobucket which ruined my sims 3 custom t-shirt tutorial and am scrambling to fix this.And to Brsy I love your twisted mind you and AmaraRena should have been my sisters in real life. :shock: And I am stealing your idea for grims door.HI KATE!!! and be sure to tell simgurukitty I said MEOW.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    yay i got it working again I didn't have it placed properly now when someone take a vist to the attic and open the "life death door" on the side guess who's coming to dinner?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Hi craven (looking very hard at his signature) hmmm head blown off or bust wide open...yea ok WE are the sick ones lol :mrgreen: ...