Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    edited April 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [A Distinctly Asian Theme 244-245]

NAME: masajo

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8190030

Picture1_zps0b708aba.jpg

LINK TO MEDIA:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/A Distinctly Asian Theme

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/A Distinctly Asian Theme

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: no

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 77 Subalpine Blvd, Hidden Springs, 113,943 simoleons

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Enter Shanghai Surprise by walking across the decking over the tranquil stream. A waterfall to the right and a small courtyard with a seated bar area is on the left. One door leads to the home gym, the other to the house. Foyer with corridor to bathroom, doors to 'his and hers' offices and another to kitchen, which leads to outdoor dining area overlooking the stream. Two bedrooms upstairs with en-suite bathroom. Private patio at the rear perfect for bbqs or sunlounging. Fully landscaped.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2014
    gmcrozier wrote:
    @kazza54

The media tab is only available to whomever the profile belongs to.

For example when you go to your "my studio" the media tab is there, but if you go to anyone else's "my studio" the media tab will not be there. So when you leave a link to your "my studio" anyone that goes there will NOT have access to the media tab.

Boy do I feel stupid--I keep telling people to look on my media page for more pics of my builds. :oops: I am sooooo very glad you mentioned that!
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2014
    masajo wrote:

NAME: masajo
    No CC.

WOW! *picks chin up off floor*
    That is beautiful!
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2014
    Howdy folks, I am trying to get in the habit of not turning my PC on before I have all my chores done, so I thought I would let you all have an extra evening to work on your next builds, if you want. Worry not 244-245 is still open until Midnight Central tonight...

A Distinctly Asian Theme Pt2

As you pull into the drive way of your previous commission, you can't hep but feel a little pride in a job well done. Ruairi and a woman, who you can only imagine to be Eve are stood at their brand new front door awaiting you. You spare them a small wave as you park the car. Ruairi comes to greet you. opens the door and pulls you into a warm embrace that you can't help but reciprocate. When you pull away, you notice how his eyes linger over the woman at the door.

“Hmmm, only has eyes for her, that's nice.” You think as he leads you towards her.

“This is my darling wife, Eve.” She gives you a cool look and you can't help but think, “Yes, a cops eyes.”

“It's such a pleasure to meet you Chief Ryan.” You say as she takes your hand in a firm grip.

“Chief Ryan?” She looks confused.

“Oh, I thought Ruairi mentioned something about you becoming our newest Chief of Police, apologies, it's a pleasure to meet you Mrs Ryan.” Wondering what on earth is going on behind Eve's baffled expression, you notice that the two of you are still in the midst of the handshake, at a loss, you continue holding the other woman's hand.

You see a wicked glint in Ruari's eye as comprehension dawns on Eve's face. Giving her husband a steely glare she says. “I may be the newest Chief of Police, but unless you have the misfortune to be on the wrong side of the law, my name is Eve.”

“Of course, Eve, well it really is lovely to finally meet you, I hope you are happy with the house?”

Realising that the two of you are still gripping each others hands, Eve blushes and extricates herself from the handshake and turns to her husband. “Please don't tell me you've told everyone in town to greet me as The Chief?”

“Of course not darling.”

Turning to you he adds, “I apologise, I should have warned you that my wife doesn't respond well to the title... Yet.”

You notice a faint smirk on his lips as he quietens any reaction from his wife with a kiss.

“Now, please, come in, we are simply delighted with how the place has turned out, and, I have another business proposition for you.”

As you enter the house, you notice how it now feels more like a home, with the owner's personalities and tastes on display.

Entering the kitchen, Ruairi offers you a chair at the table, and then heads towards to refrigerator. You wonder what delights he is going to offer you, and think that you should have made more effort to get to the gym in the preceding two weeks.

“So, thank you for driving out to us, our schedules are a little hectic at the moment.”

“It's no problem.” You say, eyeing up the yummy looking tray of food he is bringing back from the refrigerator.

He places the tray in the centre of the table and advises you to dig in before his wife snags all the prawn rolls. He takes the seat next to Eve and places a hand on her leg.

“I'll get straight to the point, I've decided I want to open a sushi restaurant.”

'Wow' you think to yourself, grateful for the prawn roll you are munching on, it gives you a moment to gather your thoughts.

“OK, a sushi restaurant, here in town?” You ask, thinking of the locals and what their reactions would be to the idea.

“Yep, that's right, I want to make Sushi more accessible to the average citizen, make it less scary if you will.”

“OK, a sushi restaurant.” You repeat without realising.

This time you notice humour in Eve's eyes.

“I told you what the locals would think of the idea.” She says to Ruairi with a grin.

“No, wait.” You say quickly, “I just wasn't expecting it that's all. I think it's a wonderful idea, actually.”

This time it's Ruairi's turn to grin, while his wife scowls at you.

“Yes, a sushi restaurant, but I don't want one of those modern monstrosities with the conveyor going round the room, I want an elegant and tasteful Indo-Japanese dining experience.”

'Thank goodness for that' you say to yourself, you really can't imagine Mrs Crumplebottom sat at a conveyor belt, but sat in a comfortable chair at a tasteful Indo-Japanese style table, that you can see.

Noticing only one of those delightful prawn rolls left on the tray, you reach your hand to it and savour the taste, just heavenly.

“I take it you want modern Japanese-style architecture for this?”

“Absolutely!” He grins, he looks delighted that you have caught up so quickly.

“Any central theme/decor/palette?”

“Well, I do love this palette, Eve thinks it might be a bit bland though, don't you darling.”

“Mmmmm?” Is her response, as she has just taken a mouthful of Futomaki. She swallows and says “I just wonder if it should be more bold, considering the modern take on the architecture. I was thinking more along these lines.

“Well, they both look promising to me.” You say, hoping to keep the peace. “Do you have a definitive preference, or can I work with either?”

“Well, considering the job you did for us here, I think we'll leave that decision in your very capable hands.” He says and smiles. “I think we've taken up enough of your precious day off, the specifics are very much up to you, I'm sure you know by now what any successful restaurant needs.”

“Thank you Ruairi, but there is one thing I need, a budget...”

“Of course, how could I forget?? Eve, what do you think?”

Scowling at her husband Eve responds, “I think $200,000 should cover it, don't you?”

Shaking hands with both of them as you head out of the door, you think to yourself 'Yes, 200,000 should just about do this project justice.'

Requirements
    • Budget $200,000
    • 40x40 lot
    • Parking
    • Restrooms
    • Bar/Lounge area
    • Tables for at least 10 groups of 4
    • Modern Japanese-style architecture
    • Must use one of the two palettes given

Due Date: Weds May 14th, Midnight Central
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    edited April 2014
    All of the builds so far have been stunning! I tried three times to make a build for this, wasn't happy with any of them and just demolished them all. I am loving you guys' stuff!!

I would like to clarify the architecture style asked for in the restaurant. The house was done in traditional styling. But the instructions for the restaurant asks for 'modern japanese style'. These are two completely different styles. Modern style in Japan is an architectural wonder; blocky, angles, open-work glass. I was able to visit Japan during my service in the Navy and it was gorgeous!!

Please confirm that you due, indeed, want a 'modern japanese' style.
  • Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited May 2014
    Official Entry For Build-N-Share Challenge (244-245) A Distinctly Asian Theme

NAME: MrzNSmith

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8189970

LINK TO MEDIA: A Distinctly Asian Theme

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Ruari's traits are Flirty,Charismatic,Natural Cook,Friendly,and Good
    Eve's traits are Commitment Issues,Athletic,Hot Headed,Brave,and Perceptive
    More pic's at the end of album.

Screenshot.jpg

LEVEL:Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 , 455 Sunnyside Blvd. 149,792

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The Hidekazu House is a Japanese inspired 2br, 2.5ba house with a professionally upgraded kitchen, a gym, office space for two and a nicely landscaped yard.
    The Pronunciation: (hee DEH kah zoo) , the meaning: Excellent harmony

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:

Mirror Floors by Murano @ Murano@TSR

Going Asian Outdoor by RicciNumbers @ RicciNumbers @TSR

Macau Dining Set, Tokyo Windows, Candle Set by Mutske @ Mutske@TSR

Japanese Modern Décor, Patterns, Rugs, Floors & Walls by Devirose @ Devirose @TSR

Asian Nook Set, Verbena Living room Set, Body Language Set, Moon Mist bedroom, Patterns,and Funny Kitchen items by SIMcredible @ SIMcredible @TSR

Zen Bedroom by Gosik @ Gosik @TSR

Eastern Picture Set by Arelien@ Arelien @TSR

Kanto & Latis Bathroom Sets by Angela @ Angela @TSR

Décor & Rugs by Orange Mittens (original site is not working but there are some DL’s @ MTS)

EDIT added link to lot
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    edited April 2014

NAME: Mary Kup

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8190871

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s870.photobucket.com/user/MaryKup5856/media/Distinctly Asian/Screenshot-73.jpg.html?sort=6&o=3

http://s870.photobucket.com/user/MaryKup5856/slideshow/Distinctly Asian

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Not this time around

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40 x 40, 2100 Pinochle Point, Riverview 150,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a lovely 2 bedroom, 2 bath Asian inspired home. It has a lovely inner garden, his and her's offices, profession kitchen, living room, and dining room all decorated in an Asian theme. There is a pool, hot tub and Zen work out area out back as well as a lovely landscaped yard. Also has a small workout area off the kitchen.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None only game and store items
  • Options
    Suzieqz420Suzieqz420 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited May 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [244/245 A Distinctly Asian Theme]

Requirements
    • Budget $150,000
    • 40x40 Lot
    • At least two bedrooms, one of which must have an en-suite
    • Professionally equipped kitchen
    • Home gymnasium
    • Two separate but conjoined offices
    • Japanese style architecture and interiors

Due date: Wednesday, 1st May, Midnight Central
    NAME: Suzieqz420

LINK TO LOT: N/A

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Suzieq_420/library/Asian?sort=6&page=1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    Ruari's traits are Flirty, Charismatic, Natural Cook, Athletic, Great Kisser
    Eve's traits are Commitment Issues, Athletic, Hot Headed, Workaholic, Great Kisser
    included in the pictures above. Not enough time with my cpu crash to get everything in diff. links this challenge.

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 89 Horseshoe Bend-Midnight Hallow. $149,898

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Going for the unique Japanese style architecture. When you walk up to the house you enter the indoor/outdoor Living room which shows off the natural beauty and noises from the lot. I couldn't find a screen mesh to put around so I left it alone. From the Living room they can easily access the huge kitchen and bathroom leading to both bedrooms. The Master has a huge bookshelf and seating for two with a small tv on the wall. Upstairs from the Living room is the conjoining offices and the 2nd of the homes Bathrooms. Up to the top floor with a square balcony is the gym. Lots of landscape. Path leading to water in front for a nice relaxing fishing spot. The back has a nice garden to harvest peppers and fruits.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:Everything I have used was from the game or expansions including a few items from previous TSR creators that I used in the last couple challenges.Like the White rug. Thanks.
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited May 2014
    masajo - Your architecture is very nice! I love the pond and the waterfall! Your landscape is gorgeous! I love how you mixed the dark brown wood and white shades in the house! I like the wall paper in the office! That orange/red is a nice color! I love the orange in the bedroom and I really like how you put the tree wall art behind the bed! Such a gorgeous build!

Suzieqz420 - Your architecture is lovely! Your interiors are really nice! My favorite part of your build is the landscape! I really like how you did the rocks and lights to light up your walkways! All the fountains are lovely! I just want to hang out in your yard, reading a book and drinking some tea or lemonade!

MaryKup - I like how you MOO'd the panda foliage onto the little water squares! (I'm so technical! HAHA) I like your exterior paint choice! I like how you did the garden/outdoor area in the middle of your build! Very unique! I like the wall paper in the blue bedroom. The pool and hot tub ares is really nice. Your build is really great!

I wish I had the time to compliment everyone BUT it's just about bed time! Such lovely builds everyone!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Fantastic Asian theme builds everyone, really enjoyed looking through them, recd all.

Thank you VannaRed and _Princess_Natasha_ for your lovely comments :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    All of the builds so far have been stunning! I tried three times to make a build for this, wasn't happy with any of them and just demolished them all. I am loving you guys' stuff!!

I would like to clarify the architecture style asked for in the restaurant. The house was done in traditional styling. But the instructions for the restaurant asks for 'modern japanese style'. These are two completely different styles. Modern style in Japan is an architectural wonder; blocky, angles, open-work glass. I was able to visit Japan during my service in the Navy and it was gorgeous!!

Please confirm that you due, indeed, want a 'modern japanese' style.
    Hey Desii, yes the brief specifically asks for a 'modern japanese' style... Enjoy!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Challenge #244 -245 is now offically closed!!

Good luck to all who entered!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    PurpleLotus93PurpleLotus93 Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2014
    I didn't have time to finish :cry: I couldn't get the landscaping right.
  • Options
    ALlewelynJonesALlewelynJones Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well I just spent all day doing part one of the Asian theme build. I thought it closed 4th May. the British way to type the date is dd/mm/yyyy not mm/dd/yyyy and if you haven't guessed already I am Scottish! So I got mixed up! Here is a link to the pictures of the build anyway since I just spent 5 hours on the thing! Probably more! Hah

http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/CalienteDama/library/Asian Inspired Build N Share?sort=3&page=1
    Join me for fun on my YouTube Channel where I create Let's Plays, CAS and build videos.
    Other games may appear from time to time to!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CalienteLlama

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Well I just spent all day doing part one of the Asian theme build. I thought it closed 4th May. the British way to type the date is dd/mm/yyyy not mm/dd/yyyy and if you haven't guessed already I am Scottish! So I got mixed up! Here is a link to the pictures of the build anyway since I just spent 5 hours on the thing! Probably more! Hah

http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/CalienteDama/library/Asian Inspired Build N Share?sort=3&page=1

It is a lovely home!! I am sorry you did not make it in time to post. Good luck on the sushi restaurant!
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2014
    Advanced Results for Megami Market Pt 2
    are up on Winner's Circle!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Many congratulations Faith, a truly superb build by you :D

Thank you very much KittKat7147 for your kind words, suggestions and advice, always much appreciated :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited May 2014

That's to bad :( And Day first is the way in a lot of countries. But a good way to check next time is that most of the times the challenge ends on Wednesday. Which with your time difference comes down on early morning Thursday.
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    ALlewelynJonesALlewelynJones Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2014
    iampes23 wrote:
    It is a lovely home!! I am sorry you did not make it in time to post. Good luck on the sushi restaurant!

Thanks. I have never built a restaurant in the time that I have played the sims so it will be a challenge! I suppose I better get going instead of doing LPs on youtube! Lol
    Join me for fun on my YouTube Channel where I create Let's Plays, CAS and build videos.
    Other games may appear from time to time to!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CalienteLlama

• Options
    edited May 2014
    masajo - Your architecture is very nice! I love the pond and the waterfall! Your landscape is gorgeous! I love how you mixed the dark brown wood and white shades in the house! I like the wall paper in the office! That orange/red is a nice color! I love the orange in the bedroom and I really like how you put the tree wall art behind the bed! Such a gorgeous build!

Suzieqz420 - Your architecture is lovely! Your interiors are really nice! My favorite part of your build is the landscape! I really like how you did the rocks and lights to light up your walkways! All the fountains are lovely! I just want to hang out in your yard, reading a book and drinking some tea or lemonade!

MaryKup - I like how you MOO'd the panda foliage onto the little water squares! (I'm so technical! HAHA) I like your exterior paint choice! I like how you did the garden/outdoor area in the middle of your build! Very unique! I like the wall paper in the blue bedroom. The pool and hot tub ares is really nice. Your build is really great!

I wish I had the time to compliment everyone BUT it's just about bed time! Such lovely builds everyone!

What Kind words! Thanks so much for the compliments :D
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited May 2014
    *hears pin drop*

Seriously, where in the heck is everyone??
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    *hears pin drop*

Seriously, where in the heck is everyone??

I keep checking back for the intermediate results...
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry, there is a little delay on them... They will hopefully be up by the end of the weekend tho ;)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'll be MIA for a bit hubby just had 3rd knee surgery so my days and nites are draining.
    But Ido look forward to popping in to see Pt.2's builds for A Distinctly Asian Theme
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top