Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could we have some blue roofs for our Greek islands?

I'm redoing Sunlit Tides as Greek islands and am making my Sim's main residence the Olympian Gym converted to a mansion. But I'm also redoing EVERY house in the world and I need gorgeous BLUE roofs! The ONE we have is too dark and the lighted ones have a tin texture that just doesn't work either. Please help a girl realize her Grecian paradise dreams Store Team! LOL

lights%20white%20houses%20buildings%20santorini%20church%20greece%20spaceships%20dome%20evening%20cities%20religious%20skies_www.wallpaperhi.com_23.jpg

[img][/img]

Comments

• Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited April 2014
    The only blue roofs I can think of right now, immediately, comes with Aurora Skies
    (or Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center? Forgot which :oops: )

I have tons of Greek pics & CC homes made to look just like that.
    But since we kinda NEED "No CC" ones these days...I say we need a "set" of new roof colors, BADLY!
    I'd love to see what you have made for Greek buildings, when you have finished!
    (I want to visit there in RL soooooooo bad! :cry: )
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,864 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes. Please. I have long wanted there to be a Grecian inspired world made but short of that, having the architecture to be able to style the buildings in such a way would be fantastic.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    JessicaDinozzoJessicaDinozzo Posts: 114 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Oh my I would totally love some roofs like this! I've tried making some greek inspired houses and it never does look quite right!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    would just be amazing if we could ad patterns to roofs our self... but yea new roofs wouldn't hurt... also a better straw roof...

and recolor chimnies....

I would love a greek world in the store...

multiple islands.... hmm but then you would need IP to play it.... hmm maybe a player made world... but then there wouldn't be new items... dilema
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited April 2014
    Makes me wish the Olympian Physique wasn't the first venue released. I bet you if it was released around this late in The Sims 3 Store, it would include those roof pieces, etc.

I hope we get another Greek-Inspired Venue that utilizes these greek roof pieces. :D
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2014
    AznSensei wrote:
    Makes me wish the Olympian Physique wasn't the first venue released. I bet you if it was released around this late in The Sims 3 Store, it would include those roof pieces, etc.

I hope we get another Greek-Inspired Venue that utilizes these greek roof pieces. :D

Yes that would be wonderful! I'd love it if they'd do some Greek domes like the Mother Russia roof decor pieces!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The only blue roofs I can think of right now, immediately, comes with Aurora Skies
    (or Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center? Forgot which :oops: )

I have tons of Greek pics & CC homes made to look just like that.
    But since we kinda NEED "No CC" ones these days...I say we need a "set" of new roof colors, BADLY!
    I'd love to see what you have made for Greek buildings, when you have finished!
    (I want to visit there in RL soooooooo bad! :cry: )

Well a lot of what I'm doing is just taking the roofs OFF as you'll see that many of the roofs are flat. Reskining everything to white plaster and blue doors, window trims, etc. At best it'll have a vaguely Greek "feel."
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,864 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

Yes that would be wonderful! I'd love it if they'd do some Greek domes like the Mother Russia roof decor pieces!

I would absolutely love that!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2014
    Well I am on board for this one as well LOL

Evee
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi :mrgreen:
    i have a blue house with a blue window.
    blue is the colour of all that i wear.
    blue are the streets and all the trees are blue.
    i have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
    blue are the people here that walk around,
    blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.
    blue are the words i say and what i think.
    blue are the feelings that live inside me.

Btw if I was green I would die :P
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited April 2014
    I would love a patch that enables us to re-colour roofs and chimneys :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    Double post liam attack.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Wouldn't that be heavenly? I have always wondered why they are not re-colorable!
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2014

That would just be wonderful

Evee

Craven your a hoot!!
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I'm redoing Sunlit Tides as Greek islands and am making my Sim's main residence the Olympian Gym converted to a mansion. But I'm also redoing EVERY house in the world and I need gorgeous BLUE roofs! The ONE we have is too dark and the lighted ones have a tin texture that just doesn't work either. Please help a girl realize her Grecian paradise dreams Store Team! LOL

lights%20white%20houses%20buildings%20santorini%20church%20greece%20spaceships%20dome%20evening%20cities%20religious%20skies_www.wallpaperhi.com_23.jpg

[img][/img]

If you were to get a Grecian blue, would you want a plain coloured one like the sheet metal ones, or a lighter version of the base game Japanese blue tiled one?

I ask because this is something I'd use and might try making one.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

Wouldn't that be heavenly? I have always wondered why they are not re-colorable!

yea... even if it dosn't lets us ad patterns... jsut recolor... I be trilled
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited April 2014
    *Lurking*

:shock:
    Hi :mrgreen:
    i have a blue house with a blue window.
    blue is the colour of all that i wear.
    blue are the streets and all the trees are blue.
    i have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
    blue are the people here that walk around,
    blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.
    blue are the words i say and what i think.
    blue are the feelings that live inside me.

Btw if I was green I would die :P

:lol: Nice job! :thumbup:

Buuuuuuuuut.....

:hunf: Green's my favorite color, so... :-o :x :evil: :lol: :P

Also, to stay on topic, I agree with this, too.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited April 2014
    I would love the capability to recolor both the roof and the chimney in our builds.

A little over two years ago, building for a Greek world project, I built all of my little houses with flat roofs. I think they are delightful but it would have been nice to have more options. It's discouraging that we have to wait for years to have a few requests honored but we have new CAS content flying out of the factory (at least for YA females) at such a pace that our CAS function is not healthy and our closets are bursting at the seams. :(

screenshot_original.jpg