Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Raising kids in Oasis Landing

If I wanted my sims to stay permanently in the future, and they had a baby, what would happen after it became a child? There is no school there, so I'm wondering if you are forced to go back or what.

Comments

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm not 100% certain of this because I haven't been to OL in a LONG time but I think that you can edit the town and add a school if you wanted. So like you start a new game and then after it's done loading you can go to edit town. In the top left or right corner there should be little symbols for WA destinations, UNI symbol and the OL symbol. You click on the OL one which should look like a time portal and after it's done loading to OL you can pretty much edit OL like that and place a school there so your sims can live happily ever after in the world of tomorrow!
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    xpaintitblack7xxpaintitblack7x Posts: 1,688 Member
    edited April 2014
    EAfan99 wrote:
    I'm not 100% certain of this because I haven't been to OL in a LONG time but I think that you can edit the town and add a school if you wanted. So like you start a new game and then after it's done loading you can go to edit town. In the top left or right corner there should be little symbols for WA destinations, UNI symbol and the OL symbol. You click on the OL one which should look like a time portal and after it's done loading to OL you can pretty much edit OL like that and place a school there so your sims can live happily ever after in the world of tomorrow!

thanks!
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited April 2014
    I added the Lunar Lakes school to my Oasis Landing, where one of my families splits time between Lunar Lakes and Oasis Landing, and all the child- and teen-aged Sims go to the school as normal, there's just no bus to take them, some go on their hover boards and others go in the future cabs...
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited April 2014
    Man I can't wait to get my computer working again I'm missing out on so much!
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited April 2014
    I added the Lunar Lakes school to my Oasis Landing, where one of my families splits time between Lunar Lakes and Oasis Landing, and all the child- and teen-aged Sims go to the school as normal, there's just no bus to take them, some go on their hover boards and others go in the future cabs...

I also did this when I played in OL. I placed that school on a lot, then added a playground. My kid sim went to school and eventually, she graduated like normal. I think she took the cab to school. :) I'm sure you could place ANY school and it would work fine (though I tend to shy away from any of the schools combined with something else as sometimes they cause issues). :)

@ esperonza16 - I understand! I hate it when my computer is down and I know I'm missing out on the fun. :( Hopefully, you'll get it back very soon. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited April 2014
    I've added a school to OL and played with a kid there. There doesn't seem to a bus but the future taxi came to drive to them school and they went like normal. :)