Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

Comments

• Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    This set is really looking spectacular. My birthday is in May, too! Can't wait!

Me too! Welcome to the awesome May Baby club! LOL Oh I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this! Makes having another birthday almost worth it! LOL WHEN in May is this coming out????

I'm also hoping there will be some awesome and elaborate new rugs as well, along the lines of the ones from Grandpa's Grove but in richer, darker colors, deep reds and green versions would be fantastic. And maybe a really over the top spectacular fireplace. And... you know...
    STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
    Ahem. :D
    Heh. Well I've been in that club longer than I'd care to admit, but thanks. :P

I would also really love some new rugs. There's only so much you can do with CAS. I would absolutely spit if we got a larger round rug. But I think this set will mostly be build items. Also, regarding Stained Glass Windows, you know Grim's has those, right? I've been putting them to good use since I got Grim's Ghastly Manor real cheap on Daily Deal last month. :)

I am in the May bday club as well mine is the 2nd and I am loving the screened in porch ideas and pieces this does look like a set I will must have.

Eveebella
  • Options
    heaven1heaven1 Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2014
    :shock: "sits stunned" :shock:

to heck with conning the hubby "breaks the piggy bank"
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2014
    steve7859 wrote:
    The fence is my fave part so far :-o I love it and the detailing of the iron is just amazing.The steps are great and all but the fence is pure awesomeness and goes great with existing things like the grimmy set and also is great for gardens.Almost points to you guys putting out recolorable stained glass windows because iron works and elaborate stained glass = hand in hand. :mrgreen: Amazing job on the fence makes me want to MOO some wisteria vines onto it.

Yea i love wisteria

I live in the south and the wisteria is blooming now and I am in heaven, lets see a screened in porch with a hammock and a little hidden garden with that fence and mansion with those windows and those stairs and and and............. Oh sorry forgot I was posting something.............

Eveebella
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    edited April 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    I edited the rug reply, after you quoted me, to add that we need one the same general size as the Neptunian rug from ITF (but a real rug) as well.

Would you also use that size?

I would say I constantly go into my rugs catalogue and look for the types of rugs you are talking about and then end up not having a rug on the floor.

I'd want to be able to change the colours and patterns to whatever is available in the patterns menu we have. Some new patterns to go with the new rugs would be a nice addition too.

I found one recently that I thought should have been in the default catalog. It is the cherries in the rugs that are in the KPST Cake Dome venue. I searched through all my patterns and couldn't find it. I don't want to put patterns I've made myself into the game as I want a game that has no 3rd party CC in it.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hint #4: Did somebody ask for Re-colorable Stained Glass Windows? How about watching the day go by sitting in a screened porch?

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-2WnXxUeocM0/U1BcZlzL8vI/AAAAAAAAASg/8ZlPAZ-teUM/s1088/Windows.jpg[/img]
    Wow! Those are fab! :D

Looks like you got your wish, AmaraRena. :D

It'd be really nice if there are a few different colour channels in those windows. I will really enjoy having them in my game.
  • Options
    Blu_KennedyBlu_Kennedy Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2014
    This all looks very interesting and I'm really looking forward to it. But,I'm also hoping for ceiling fans that work in various style,doors that are full floor to ceiling and some more garage doors in a couple of withs that mach the other fixtures. I'm still wondering why the double and single with windows don't adjust to angles like the 3 spots do. And why aren't the chimneys recolorable so you can mach the rest of the building design? there are other things,but you guys are trying and I don't want to make this a Beach session. :?
  • Options
    Blu_KennedyBlu_Kennedy Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,459 Member
    edited April 2014
    How are we going to be able to make screened in porches?
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited April 2014
    SCREENED PORCH??!!

384d4ac9-e91b-4d8a-a4a3-00bd53904881_zpse3597ede.jpg
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited April 2014
    :shock: This set is going to be the best building set, ever! I'm pleased with the stained glass, of course -- but the screened in porch/gazebo is amazing. I really, really love it. I have big plans for that. :D

I think I'm going to have to go on a building frenzy. LOL
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Please guru Tater tot or Copeland can we see a pic of the screened in porch?
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited April 2014
    This is looking more exciting all the time love the new screened porches to go with our country houses or mansions as well as the new stained glass windows.Now if they would give us a porch swing for two that hangs from a chain that would also add to this,can't wait to see what they show us next. :D :P
  • Options
    nightvyxennightvyxen Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2014
    The new stair attachments allow for a ton of creativity! Here are some additional examples.

BlRh4f9CMAEcWQt.jpg:large

*starry eyes* oh your sure the Sim god! I can not wait to dabble with this when its out =D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    SuttiPutt wrote:
    This is looking more exciting all the time love the new screened porches to go with our country houses or mansions as well as the new stained glass windows.Now if they would give us a porch swing for two that hangs from a chain that would also add to this,can't wait to see what they show us next. :D :P

Maybe porch swings are in this set. That makes sense that screened in porches could hint to a pc porch swing in this set.

• Options
    jjaammiieejjaammiiee Posts: 169 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I LOVE this all so far from what I can see, the only thing(s) more I could ask for to complete this set would be multi-story windows and roof segments! But very happy with what I see so far! :mrgreen:

2 Story windows like this:
    95_Woodland_front.jpg
    Roof segments like these:
    mansardroof_lilac.jpg
  • Options
    TDC95TDC95 Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm liking what im seeing so far :mrgreen:

But how ornate will the build stuff be? Architecturally speaking of course :P

Anything like this?

Versailles51375217sm.jpgarch5_29.jpgpd1176242.jpgQueluz_Palace_fa%C3%A7ade_and_Triton_fountain.JPG

Ill be waiting for more updates hopefully some really nice Baroque or rococo elements will be included to :)

last+supper.bmp117-Rococo-Revival-interior3.jpgbscap00661.jpg
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    Hint #4: Did somebody ask for Re-colorable Stained Glass Windows? How about watching the day go by sitting in a screened porch?

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-2WnXxUeocM0/U1BcZlzL8vI/AAAAAAAAASg/8ZlPAZ-teUM/s1088/Windows.jpg[/img]
    Wow! Those are fab! :D

Looks like you got your wish, AmaraRena. :D

It'd be really nice if there are a few different colour channels in those windows. I will really enjoy having them in my game.

Oh...my'...stars! I LOVE YOU STORE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snoopy.gif

Are they.... recolorable?????????????? *she asked hopefully*

EDIT: Wait! *re-reads* They ARE recolorable, aren't they???
    I LOVE YOU STORE TEAM!!!!!
  • Options
    DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited April 2014
    I love the stained glass door & window- but Oh my goodness! Never thought I'd get so excited over screened in porch stuff, but I am!! I grew up in an old Victorian home with one so I can't wait! This set is getting better & better!
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2014
    :shock: I love it. Love the stairs, love the farm door, screened look, and when I saw the word fence, didn't think much about it until I scrolled down. Oh my, someone has been feeling inspired and creative. Love it. Know what would look lovely looking out of that screen door? A hammock.

I've never thought of it before, but a cot would be neat as well for the game. You know metal bar with straps strung from one end to the other. Cheap bed for guest or a poor sim. Maybe you can slip it in if you make that rundown house stuff everyone is wanting.

Love what you all are doing. Thanks for the hints and can't wait to see what is next. Greedy and not apologetic. :twisted:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited April 2014
    SuttiPutt wrote:

Maybe porch swings are in this set. That makes sense that screened in porches could hint to a pc porch swing in this set.

Oh I hope so! That would be wonderful! :D A pc 'woo hoo' swing or hammock would be amazing! :mrgreen:
    We need the bear rug too Simguru Copeland. :wink: :P
    Exactly! I agree Cat :D :thumbup:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited April 2014
    :shock:

tumblr_inline_n2ds2mZEiQ1s0u9u5.gif
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    edited April 2014
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Aaaaaaaaaaaah! I know everyone else is excited about the stained glass (which IS really cool I concur) but....Aaaaaaaaaaaah! Screened in porches!?!?!?!?
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

SWOONS....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have never been so excited about a set before. Squeee!!!! Does anyone have a guess as to the price range for this set? I want to make sure I have the points to get it on release day. Class will be out the first week of May and I need a sim fix.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    There is already a floyer blueprint we could add then make a porch out of it with the new Windows and door. Add the warbler windchimes for good measure.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:
    The Forgotten Ironwork Fence is one of the most beautifully intricate fences we’ve ever done. Imagine it wrapping around your mansion or as the entrance to your secret garden.[/i]

iron%2520fence.jpg
    Breathtaking! :shock:
    I am completely in love with this fence! :mrgreen:

This is one of the items I'm looking forward to.