Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(FIXED) Why can't New Zealand, Australia and Sweden buy simpoints (FIXED)

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited March 2014
    KFrith wrote:
    Jaquaine wrote:
    Could we at least get a partial fix for the issue, by adjusting the price on origin to match the usual price here? Why is it more expensive on Origin anyway? It's not a tax issue, NZers get charged GST on both sites, as far as I can tell.

I Second that!!!

I third it lol I think that is a wonderful idea and hope they can come to the party :/
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jaquaine wrote:
    Could we at least get a partial fix for the issue, by adjusting the price on origin to match the usual price here? Why is it more expensive on Origin anyway? It's not a tax issue, NZers get charged GST on both sites, as far as I can tell.

I think that is a very good idea, what do you say Guru's do you think that can be done, or are the prices at Origin set up by Origin? We would appreciate feedback on this matter, would be real nice :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    Jaquaine wrote:

I think that is a very good idea, what do you say Guru's do you think that can be done, or are the prices at Origin set up by Origin? We would appreciate feedback on this matter, would be real nice :mrgreen:
    The Gurus have become very quiet on this thread addressing this issue :( I do hope they have not forgotten about us :(
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    The EA Store site is gonna be down in about 1-1/2 hours from now, so I'm thinking they're installing a fix for this problem. Just a hunch, anyway.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    The EA Store site is gonna be down in about 1-1/2 hours from now, so I'm thinking they're installing a fix for this problem. Just a hunch, anyway.

I hope you are right.
  • Options
    KFrithKFrith Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Fingers crossed! x This is getting ridiculous...
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

That would be nice as it's Tuesday Morning here now and I just tried again and still cannot.
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited April 2014
    Its fixed. EA REALLY chose April Fools Day to fix it? I guess all of AU/NZ and Sweden are regarded as fools then ;]

I half expect a troll message when I go to buy points.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2014
    It's saying it's FIX Here in Aussie Land We will find out when I go to buy points for the Bakery.
  • Options
    gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited April 2014
    Devalaous wrote:

Its fixed. EA REALLY chose April Fools Day to fix it? I guess all of AU/NZ and Sweden are regarded as fools then ;]

LOL, couldn't have said it better than myself

I didn't believe my eyes at first - I can buy simpoints!

I just hope, New Zealand & Sweden has been fixed too.
  • Options
    SimGuruFooLizSimGuruFooLiz Posts: 5 SimGuru
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for your patience, everyone. We are now live! The Daily Deals you may have missed out on are making a reappearance for all players. Make sure to hurry as these deals have limited quantities and won’t last very long!
  • Options
    SimGuruFooLizSimGuruFooLiz Posts: 5 SimGuru
    edited April 2014
    Devalaous wrote:

Remember today is March 31 for The Sims 3 Store team, they can't help the time difference :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yay! :D We can buy simpoints once more!! I shall be able to purchase the Bakery upon it's release afterall :D I have not yet tried to purchase any yet, I will when we are given an official release date for the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery :)
    Thank you Gurus!! :mrgreen:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you so much for this SimGuruFooLiz. I know you have made a lot of simmers happy today.
    SimGuruFooLiz wrote:
    Remember today is March 31 for The Sims 3 Store team, they can't help the time difference

Lol. It's still April's Fools Day in Australia and New Zealand
  • Options
    KFrithKFrith Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2014
    YAY!!! Its working, i just bought simpoints successfully. Thank you sim-gurus for fixing the issue even if it took 3 weeks. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for your patience, everyone. We are now live! The Daily Deals you may have missed out on are making a reappearance for all players. Make sure to hurry as these deals have limited quantities and won’t last very long!

Thank you so very much, I could not buy my usual bundle because of payday being two weeks away, but I was able to buy simpoints none the less :mrgreen:

yay_zpse7f02acb.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hello KFrith and Mel :)
    Yay! I am so pleased that you have managed to successfully purchase simpoints! :D

Join me in some happy dancing! :D

jrHfP.gif
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    jostubbsjostubbs Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you FooLiz, finally one happy(er) Simmer here! I appreciate you being the go-between for us to get this matter fixed!

AussiePlumbob
    Twitter: AussiePlumbob
    Origin: AussiePlumbob
    Sims 3: jostubbs
  • Options
    jostubbsjostubbs Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2014
    Sorry, double post :shock:
    Twitter: AussiePlumbob
    Origin: AussiePlumbob
    Sims 3: jostubbs
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Bump to spread the good news :mrgreen:
  • Options
    1091410914 Posts: 6
    edited April 2014
    Thanks so much Guru's! It took a very long time (it seemed so for someone who checked a few times each day) but it got fixed none the less and I am really really pleased :D Great job and thanks for re-running the sales!! I cant wait to shop again >.<
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    Glad it's been fixed, yay!

dancing-new-girl-nick.gif
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited April 2014
    Gah, I could've sworn I posted the news FIRST this morning, but I think my phone was still having issues with the forum, post-maintenance. Anyway, yay for SimPoints!

Now, let's grab those items and then get a shiny new list... and a bakery! :D
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited April 2014
    kellycot1 wrote:
    Gah, I could've sworn I posted the news FIRST this morning, but I think my phone was still having issues with the forum, post-maintenance. Anyway, yay for SimPoints!

Now, let's grab those items and then get a shiny new list... and a bakery! :D

FOR PIE!
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ok, so this is the last bump and then I will let this thread move on to the back with its many other friends :mrgreen: