Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Featured Look comes with BRAND NEW GAMEPLAY

Hey guys,

I've totally was so enticed to purchase this featured look because of the open window effect they added using the Pedro Estate Door from Hacienda Luxury. Seeing this image makes me think "OH MY GOD! IT'S A BRAND NEW GAMEPLAY FEATURED ADDED IN FEATURED LOOKS".

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD10.jpg

So I thought I'd try to see if this lot will function correctly and program as such for me to make it so I can recreate that look also. I totally instabought it and decided to try it myself if I can get the doors to open simultaneously.

I decided to grab 6 sims and stand them by the door, so I can make them all walk through and use MOO to move them away and take a picture of the look they advertised.

Below is the image of what I tried recreating and I'm very excited that I spent 0/2925 Simpoints to get this new functionality! I never knew that doors could open and close, and so happy you guys added this!

proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-nfnuGHiBgJk%2FUyuBtaZp2VI%2FAAAAAAAAM98%2FProa9H2NbSA%2Fs1600%2FScreenshot-45.jpg&container=blogger&gadget=a&rewriteMime=image%2F*

Thank you Store Team for forcing me to purchase this set for 0/2925 Simpoints and sell me a lot that should function as pictured. I totally don't feel scammed and you should add a tab in the summary that it includes NEW FUNCTIONAL GAMEPLAY.

I hope other simmers read this and find this enticing new gameplay included with this Featured Look. You guys totally made me purchase simpoints for this. :wink:

____

On a Serious note, if you want an easier way to make the doors look like above, Tiki5872 has provided a link to the appropriate mod, enjoy. ^_^

http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com/2012/06/leave-door-open.html

Comments

• Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited March 2014
    So they really do open? That is awesome then! Is it possible to post a video of this? Wait, don't the doors open anyways when sims walk through or does it STAY opened?
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited March 2014
    So they really do open? That is awesome then! Is it possible to post a video of this? Wait, don't the doors open anyways when sims walk through or does it STAY opened?

Oh yes totally! These doors can totally open and close when a sim goes through them! Of course, doors staying open is not a feature, but should be incorporated in a future patch, just like how we can open garage doors without the sim being there. :wink:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2014
    Great -- now I have to recalibrate my snark detector after you sent it totally off the scale. :twisted:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited March 2014
    Great -- now I have to recalibrate my snark detector after you sent it totally off the scale. :twisted:

:lol:

Those open doors make this set premium, definitely. It makes all other doors useless I think. :twisted:
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited March 2014
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2014
    Im confused,so the red square shaped one goes in the green triangle shaped hole?? Its one of those If you don't think about it too much it makes perfect sense moments. :mrgreen: I do wish you could leave doors open.Of course I tried testing it in real life and apparently the yard sale was a complete success all my stuff sold out before I even got home. :lol:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    edited March 2014
    This has made my day.

:D:lol::lol:
    I am actually laughing while I sit here at work doing my little programming job so I can afford to buy more Sims new game play opportunities.

I was actually planning to try this when I get home tonight. Now I don't have to bother.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited March 2014
    OMG! lol I couldn't tell if you were joking or not and didn't wanna seem rude :lol: I was sitting here like:

......WHAT.... :hunf:
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh Azn, I was beginning to worry about you.

I am still ROFL! Good one.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited March 2014
    Ce4ahehKrw-2.png

:wink:
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited March 2014
    OMG! That is so totally awesome about the new gameplay! I don't even care about the items or the villa because the set lets our Sims walk through doors! AND THEY OPEN! Squeeeeeee!!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hmm...this is obviously in response to my post in another thread. I still consider it false advertising, but whatever. Thanks for being a word the forum won't let me type.
  • Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited March 2014
    reminds me of the raving over car doors
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited March 2014
    This has not been my day so I am sorry to say that I am a little confused as to what you are saying.
    Do windows open and close.
    We have always had doors open for sims.
    Are you saying that the we can open the doors.
    Sorry like I said bad day or should I say bad week. So bad I even put my remote in my coffee cup by mistake. Needless to say I now have a new remote. So just fill me in, I'll be better tomorrow. Just getting over a cold for three weeks.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2014
    Yea I thought doors opened anyway in the game. It seems like I remember the doors on my sims house opening when they go in.
  • Options
    cemole4235cemole4235 Posts: 344 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I'll admit that I've stuck my foot in my mouth here more than once today, but was an entire thread clearly posted to mock another player really necessary? It's interesting that some people say they are glad when commenters here are nice and respectful, and yet this whole thread is just mean.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    This has not been my day so I am sorry to say that I am a little confused as to what you are saying.
    Sorry like I said bad day or should I say bad week. So bad I even put my remote in my coffee cup by mistake. Needless to say I now have a new remote. So just fill me in, I'll be better tomorrow. Just getting over a cold for three weeks.

He is making a joke.

The doors in the advertisement for this set are open. Doors in game don't stay open after a sim has walked through.

I thought about this for a while and decided the only way I could get this picture was to make a few sims walk through the doors at the same time then pause the game and move the sims out of the way and take the screenshot.

I thought it was very funny when I saw this post and someone else had actually done it and posted his own pictures.

I don't think I would have gone so far as to post the pictures of it though.

Edit to finish a sentence.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    acorn88acorn88 Posts: 171 Member
    edited March 2014
    *slow clap* You made me look. :roll:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    wow something must be wrong with me tonight as I just saw that house on the new pictures of Sims 4, I relooked and sure enough it is the same house. That is weird. Why would EA be selling that house for so much when it is going to be in Sims 4.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    Evalen wrote:

He is making a joke.

The doors in the advertisement for this set are open. Doors in game don't open.

I thought about this for a while and decided the only way I could get this picture was to make a few sims walk through the doors at the same time then pause the game and move the sims out of the way and take the screenshot.

I thought it was very funny when I saw this post and someone else had actually done it and posted his own pictures.

I don't think I would have gone so far as to post the pictures of it though.

Well I never was one for catching a joke. thanks
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited March 2014
    AznSensei wrote:

Oh yes totally! These doors can totally open and close when a sim goes through them! Of course, doors staying open is not a feature, but should be incorporated in a future patch, just like how we can open garage doors without the sim being there. :wink:

I've heard it's also got I.O.L. :shock:
    Instant On Lighting!
    Virtually no delay when you enter and the lights come on. :P

It's the future, we've tasted it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited March 2014
    ROFL! Azn you're hysterical! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2014
    :lol::lol:

On a serious note, if anyone is interested, there is a mod that will do this and I use it in game. For anyone who would like to look into it, you can find it here:

Also, as a side note I am patched to the latest and it works fine in my game.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:

On a serious note, if anyone is interested, there is a mod that will do this and I use it in game. For anyone who would like to look into it, you can find it here:

Thank you for that. I wondered if there might be something available to do this.
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited March 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:

Ah! Thank you.