Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dive Spot in Appaloosa Plains...?

Hi folks, :D

I am setting up Appaloosa Plains (spelt right?) for my Legacy to go through and I was wondering whether anyone else has added a Dive Spot to this town..? If so I'd be ever so grateful if you have any pictures and let me know how it works within the town :-)

I love the idea of IP expansion additions but Isla Paradiso lags too much for me and a legacy town and I have my lifeguard on there I can play at any other point. Plus I love the town of AP.

Many thanks,
Kez

Comments

• Options
    KezJonaKezJona Posts: 98 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Just an update on my editing of Appaloosa Plains!

I decided to see if I could add a resort into the town a long the beach line as it was a feature I was really interested in having in my game. I decided on the free resort you get on Isla Paradiso hoping it will be free in this town as well. Just throwing it out there for others who may have wanted to do the same and if anyone has any recommendations!

I will be working on the Dive Spot soon, I read somewhere that AP water was actually freshwater so if that is the case I am going to pass it off as an artificial marine or something similar ^_^

Resort in Appaloosa Plains:

Screenshot-5.jpg

Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Some textures may not look as blended as I took them in Build Mode, hoping with the absence of grids it might all blend better.
  • Options
    KezJonaKezJona Posts: 98 New Member
    edited July 2013
    No one tried anything similar :cry:?
  • Options
    UntotheLordUntotheLord Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Kez, I deleted the beach property in AP (only once, to clear it so that I could level it) and changed it to "resort". I put in a tower, a gym, a main lobby, a dining room, lots of other stuff, and it has become and remained a 5 star resort! I chose "hotel mogul" for life points on both partners in my married couple that own it, and it earns over $10,000 however often resort profits show up.

Just thought you'd like to know. I can add screen shots if you'd like. Also, I tried dive spots in AP in two different place it would even let me place a lot in the "river", and it seemed to work, but my Sims can't go there... can't even boat over the area! Hoping to conquer that problem today... by looking up more stuff online here and at Carl's site.

Doing other things
    unto the Lord
  • Options
    JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    This seems to be working better than the other directions I tried to create a dive spot in Appaloosa Plains. I haven't had a Sim visit it yet but it LOOKS really good so far.
    http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-island-paradise/creating-dive-lots/
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Update -- my Sims were not only able to scuba dive in that spot in Appaloosa Plains, but a MERMAID SHOWED UP!!! And when they got home they had the option to summon the mermaid... just like in Island Paradise. I'm so jazzed! No catch-able fish have shown up yet, in the dive spot, yet, though. I tried using those buydebug fish things but they stay at the surface.
  • Options
    gentjt32gentjt32 Posts: 677 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Jaeger!!!
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited February 2014
    I was just about to post those links but see I've been beaten to it! Glad to know it worked for you UntotheLord :D