Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• Options
    NemmNemm Posts: 148 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Anyone who loves reading legacy stories then come check out the Newbrook Legacy :-) There are 21 chapters to it so far! but because I love taking pictures and telling the story around them, there are loads :D

My founder is in her elder years now and her children are begining to take over. I love to just play the game and watch what my Sims do and then find imaginative ways to explain things. Of course, occassionally I do come up with a storyline that I'd like to tell and push my Sims in that direction. It is my game afterall :P

Link here to the about page of the Newbrook Legacy: http://newbrooklegacy.wordpress.com/about/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
    edited September 2009
    Er, how would they give them money?
  • Options
    Xanita39Xanita39 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited September 2009
    A while ago I mentioned in this thread that my current heirs grandfather didn't show up as dead (greyed out) in the family tree even though my heir was an elder.
    My heir is now 93 and her 78 year old son-in-law has just met my heirs grandfather at work.
    I can't imagine how old he is, he will probably die if I invite him over ;)
  • Options
    Xanita39Xanita39 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited September 2009
    First time to 400k aspirationpoints!

5xsw3a4.jpg

she is 97
  • Options
    beckey12beckey12 Posts: 126 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Er, how would they give them money?

just say that and give the money via kaching...
  • Options
    jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    edited September 2009
    If you're taking money away from the legacy family, then I see no problems. But if the legacy family is getting "child support" then it's against the rules.
  • Options
    StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
    edited September 2009
    Since you wouldn't be taking any money away from the Legacy Family (can't figure out how you'd do that), and since I think you'd need to change active families to use the cheat on the other one, then it'd be against the rules, yes.
  • Options
    GinjGinj Posts: 126 Member
    edited September 2009
    Just completed the Legacy Challenge (What did *you* accomplish this summer?)
    Generations: 10
    Net Worth: 14
    Portraits: 34
    Aspirations: 32
    Lifetime Wishes: 26

Grand Total: 116

Had to boast; no one IRL would understand
  • Options
    joeysbbygirljoeysbbygirl Posts: 100 New Member
    edited September 2009
    wow lol thats a really awesome score
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2009
    Ginj wrote:

Congrats, Ginj!! Cheer.gif

I'm -8 in points. :shock:
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited September 2009
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=96759

Now with a screaming-fast gaming computer, I have gotten farther in this Sims 3 legacy than I have in any before it.

I have four points.

I'm looking for advice on who should be the heir?
  • Options
    pam_marsdenpam_marsden Posts: 34 New Member
    edited September 2009
    My 9th generation are becoming adults and will soon bring in the 10th generation! I've gotten 84 points so far. What's everyone going to do when you birth the 10th generation and the challenge is over?

http://spoopssims3world.wordpress.com
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My 9th generation are becoming adults and will soon bring in the 10th generation! I've gotten 84 points so far. What's everyone going to do when you birth the 10th generation and the challenge is over?

That, my dear pam_marsden, is why I shouldn't have started the challenge until a few more Expansions had been released.
    Ah, the joys of new rules. :lol:

*And congrats on reaching 9- Fan-tas-tic! smiley-laughing016.gif
  • Options
    happyngayhappyngay Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2009

You can try Pinstar's Sim of the Month Challenge.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/48437.page

Or you can start another legacy family. There are also other challenges listed in this forum that sound interesting. I don't think you will run out of things to do until the new set of rules come out when EA release the 1st expansion pack.

• Options
    swizzle808swizzle808 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I don't understand what this is about. How do you know you are earning points? Is this suppose to be just a more constructive way of playing the game instead of milling about and doing your own thing?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    swizzle808 wrote:
    I don't understand what this is about. How do you know you are earning points? Is this suppose to be just a more constructive way of playing the game instead of milling about and doing your own thing?

Hi,
    Welcome to the world of Legacy.
    Yes, it's a way of playing- a challenge. The rules are in this post somewhere. :lol:
  • Options
    Rad6380Rad6380 Posts: 251 Member
    edited September 2009
    Ginj wrote:

Great score and well done on finishing! I am both really excited and sad that it won't be long before my legacy ends (gen 8 currently teens/children). I am itching to try new things and a WA legacy when that comes out, but I'll miss my family a lot.
  • Options
    rambleramble Posts: 70 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I really should read the tules more carefully - for a long time I thought you only earned 1 point per 200 000 aspiration points. I thought - well, this certainly is challenging - until I read the rules again :lol: You can probably believe how I cursed when my founder sim died having earned 185 000 aspiration points and I thought I wouldn't get anything for that one.

Congratulations on finishing, Ginj! That's a lot of points, too.
  • Options
    DreadPirateRozeDreadPirateRoze Posts: 25 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm finally back from vacation, and updating my legacy blog again!

http://roselegacy.wordpress.com/

• Options
    JaluneDeverauxJaluneDeveraux Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi all. I've never done a Legacy. Do we sign up somewhere? Or how do we get points? Is it for sim points?

Sorry, I know, asking stupid questions. Like how do they know what we do?

Thanks
    Jalune
  • Options
    lollypop963549lollypop963549 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2009

Well I was planning on playing through the tenth generation as an aftermath story... Once I actually start my legacy that is. :lol:

Anyways as other people have mentioned you can just start another legacy.
  • Options
    debakadeb1debakadeb1 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Ginj wrote:

Congrats, Ginj!! Cheer.gif

I'm -8 in points. :shock:
    I'm impressed with anyone keeping points and finishing! I seem to start over a lot and never keep points but I still have a good time! Once I get to generation 4, I am usually bored with that family (they can actually afford to have a life at that point) and start a new game.
  • Options
    StarSarahStarSarah Posts: 931 Member
    edited September 2009
    New chapters and onto generation four for the Shenston legacy.

Check it out here: http://theshenstonlegacy.wordpress.com/

xxx
  • Options
    NemmNemm Posts: 148 New Member
    edited September 2009
    The Newbrook family legacy takes another step forward. There is a new chapter posted on my blog site called 'A Crazy Old Thing Called Love', and is mostly about the second generation children as they are really start to take over.

Here is a link: http://newbrooklegacy.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/a-crazy-old-thing-called-love/

My Legacy family are actually a little bit ahead of where the story has got to, but I keep writing away during every free minute I've got! Am really excited about the chapters which will be posted in the next week or so, as the second generation cause slightly more drama than my founder did :wink:
  • Options
    JEANIE74JEANIE74 Posts: 258 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Can anyone start this at anytime? How is everyone keeping track of points. How do you know how many aspiration points you have totaled? So many questions. Sounds like FUN! I am going to create my Sim now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top