Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do YOU play your typical game? (:

I normally play each game the same, from start to finish. I'm talking about;
do you make one or more sim's at first?
are they male or female?
do you get them a career first?
do you use cheats?
do you use money cheats?
do you have kids?
do you try for twins or triplets?
when do you start getting bored?
etc.

You don't have to answer all, but I thought that's a good basis.

Feel free to post whatever you want! xo! & happy simming :oops:
svnb6p.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LfriaLfria Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I like playing with premades. I rarely make my own sims in CAS. I enjoy switching between all of the premades in town. So I play on a rotation system. Still have that habit from sims 2 ^.^ I also love to play with large families and have a mod that increases the rate of twins and triplets I get in town. The times I get bored is when I rotate to a family who are elders and living by themselves. They bore me to tears. I typically have elders eat one jelly bean a day in the hopes they die :twisted:

Edited because I responded thinking I was responding to another post :oops:
  • Options
    morgandaniellexomorgandaniellexo Posts: 414 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're talking about.
    I download stuff from the exchange but not from anywhere else.
    Sometimes I get stick babies or something but I try to delete the stuff I find that isn't good. (I found a page that tells you what is bad CC)

My computer is slow but my game is pretty good.

Sorry for any confusion! :cry:
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It's fine! No worries. I do this all the time! xD

And, that's cool. I get frustrated with big families but they're definitely funner! :oops:
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Options
    smithfamily89smithfamily89 Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2014
    do you make one or more sim's at first? It really just depends. I love making little simselfs of me & my husband!
    are they male or female? Either or.
    do you get them a career first? Usually.
    do you use cheats? Yes lol sometimes
    do you use money cheats? If I really want my family to move out right away or to add a room to my home!
    do you have kids? Yes!
    do you try for twins or triplets? I have like once or twice.
    when do you start getting bored? NEVER lol I'm an addict!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ^ thanks for posting!
    i'm so glad to know i'm not the only adult that plays the sims.
    I've played since I was a teen & i'm in my early twenties and married, trying to be a mom.. and still playing.
    it's crazy how I never get bored of it.
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    edited February 2014
    I make too many girl sims, never enough boys because designing females in CAS is probably my main passion, though I also do play quite a bit too. I prefer to play sims I've made myself. And I do use cheats, I make them rich, and they don't work. Something about them going to their jobs I don't like, it takes time away from playing with them. I do have them work on skills though. Having my sims find mates and start families is really my favorite thing to do. And I rotate playing different households too.
  • Options
    smithfamily89smithfamily89 Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2014
    ^ thanks for posting!
    I've played since I was a teen & i'm in my early twenties and married, trying to be a mom.. and still playing.
    I'm 17 but I married early lol. I started playing in 2000 when I was 5. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited February 2014
    are they male or female?
    do you use cheats?
    do you use money cheats?
    do you have kids?
    etc.

I don't know if I have any typical way of playing. I like to try different things with my games. But I'll try to answer.

do you make one or more sim's at first? I either make one sim or two to three roomies. It kind of depends, what I'm planning to do in that game.

are they male or female? If I make only one sim, it's usually a female. If I make roomies, one of them might be a male.

do you get them a career first? I used to do that, but now I usually send them to university first, then it's time for a career.

do you use cheats? Yes. Freerealestate, to get them to live in a nice house, and money cheats, if I want to upgrade their house before they make enough money, or if they don't have enough to go to university.

do you use money cheats? As I mentioned above :)

do you have kids? I didn't used to, but now I often end up with them. Normally I have my sims get married, but once my vampire cloned a genie and had a baby that way.

do you try for twins or triplets? I've tried for twins a few times, and succeeded once. I'm afraid of getting triplets, so I don't use the fertility treatment. The twins I got were from the extra fertile -moodlet from the massage table. Only watching children's TV and listening to kid's music didn't help, when I tried it before.

when do you start getting bored? Hard to say. I guess, when I can't think of more things for my sims to do...

01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    I've got a town legacy challenge going and I've moved the second family into town and play both families by rotation.I'll expect to keep it going for multiple generations.I'm also using a bunch of NRaas Mods because it's required by the rules of my challenge.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I make too many girl sims, never enough boys because designing females in CAS is probably my main passion, though I also do play quite a bit too. I prefer to play sims I've made myself. And I do use cheats, I make them rich, and they don't work. Something about them going to their jobs I don't like, it takes time away from playing with them. I do have them work on skills though. Having my sims find mates and start families is really my favorite thing to do. And I rotate playing different households too.

Designing GORGEOUS female sims in CAS is my favorite thing to do, as well. My problem is that I get too bored too fast. I love making female sims and decorating houses. But, I get bored when I start to achieve my career goals, or if I get overwhelmed with too many kids.. xD!
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ^ thanks for posting!
    I'm 17 but I married early lol. I started playing in 2000 when I was 5. :mrgreen:

I married young, too! I am 21, almost 22... I've been married for over three years. (:
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kati77 wrote:
    are they male or female?
    do you use cheats?
    do you use money cheats?
    do you have kids?
    etc.

I don't know if I have any typical way of playing. I like to try different things with my games. But I'll try to answer.

do you make one or more sim's at first? I either make one sim or two to three roomies. It kind of depends, what I'm planning to do in that game.

are they male or female? If I make only one sim, it's usually a female. If I make roomies, one of them might be a male.

do you get them a career first? I used to do that, but now I usually send them to university first, then it's time for a career.

do you use cheats? Yes. Freerealestate, to get them to live in a nice house, and money cheats, if I want to upgrade their house before they make enough money, or if they don't have enough to go to university.

do you use money cheats? As I mentioned above :)

do you have kids? I didn't used to, but now I often end up with them. Normally I have my sims get married, but once my vampire cloned a genie and had a baby that way.

do you try for twins or triplets? I've tried for twins a few times, and succeeded once. I'm afraid of getting triplets, so I don't use the fertility treatment. The twins I got were from the extra fertile -moodlet from the massage table. Only watching children's TV and listening to kid's music didn't help, when I tried it before.

when do you start getting bored? Hard to say. I guess, when I can't think of more things for my sims to do...

That was really detailed!
    thanks for writing all of that!
    I've never tried the roomie thing, I normally make one female sim and then have her married, with a career and kids asap.
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    TadOlson wrote:
    I've got a town legacy challenge going and I've moved the second family into town and play both families by rotation.I'll expect to keep it going for multiple generations.I'm also using a bunch of NRaas Mods because it's required by the rules of my challenge.

Oh, fun! I've never done a legacy. Are they fun? :oops:
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited February 2014
    Do you make one or more sim's at first?
    Most of the time I start off with just one Sim

Are they male or female?
    Usually I play with a female but I have started using a male as my main Sim. I'm finding this to be a lot more fun and a nice change.

Do you get them a career first?
    Depends on how much money they have in the bank. If they have enough to last awhile then I will let them spend their time meeting other Sims instead.

Do you use cheats?
    As little as possible. I have added Mods but I prefer to have my game as realistic as possible (even though I do play with occults) and have added some or changed their settings to make life more difficult and the game more challenging.

I do not consider move objects and the like to be cheats instead they are really just tools. So anything that will give my Sim an advantage in the game .. no.

Do you use money cheats?
    For my main Sim no. Non-Active Sims I will give or take away money when I first set up my game to fit the lifestyle I choose for them.

Do you have kids?
    I love seeing all the different combination of Sims that are created from births.

Do you try for twins or triplets?
    If they have multiples then great if not that's ok too. I do not push either to happen.

When do you start getting bored?
    Females have to go through the pregnancy .. take care of a baby .. raise the baby and this becomes very monotonous for me when it's happening every game. So I have been playing a male instead. He has a few children by several females. He has visitation a couple times a week that way they are still in his life. I can still enjoy playing with them but it's not a real commitment or focus in my game.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited February 2014
    That was really detailed!
    thanks for writing all of that!
    I've never tried the roomie thing, I normally make one female sim and then have her married, with a career and kids asap.

I've tried the roomie thing a few times now. It allows me to choose from different sims and decide which of them I like the most. The first time I made a vampire, a fairy and a werewolf. Then I got bored with the fairy and the werewolf, moved them out, and continued with the vampire (the one who cloned the genie). The next were two YA females with a band. Again, I got bored with the other one, married her to a townie she'd been dating and moved her out. After that the sim I kept playing with got married and I only got bored with that game, when her two granddaughters were at the university.

Now I'm playing a game I started with a female and male roomies. I didn't plan on them marrying each other, but somehow it just seemed like a good idea, since I didn't want to give up either of them, but I wanted a family. Now all their three kids are teens, one only about 10 days from becoming YA.

So, starting out with roomies is something I'd definitely recommend to someone with no specific plans for their game :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited February 2014
    I usually make one sim or a couple. Then quickly find my sim a townie partner to have nooboos with. I like playing families, but prefer the kids to be born in game.

are they male or female?
    I usually make a female sim, but depending on how I plan to play the game they can sometimes be male.

It depends on what LTW they have. If they need a job for their LTW, then yes. I also find a job is a great way to get free friends for your sim. If I don't need them to complete a job I often just make money other ways, like through the elixir shop or collecting.

do you use cheats?
    Most of the time no - sometimes I use needs static, and sometimes I use freerealestate, but they are the most common ones. Also, the build cheats, but they aren't really cheats in my oppinion, just ways to build more advanced houses.

do you use money cheats?
    freerealestate...but mostly not. I find I get bored more easily if the family/sim has too much money too soon. I have been known to use the familyfunds cheat to give my sims less money...

do you have kids?
    Kids, grand kids, great grand kids! I love growing the family tree and playing multi-generational games.

Sometimes, I prefer twins over triplets because it gives me more time to play with each kid.

It depends. I prefer playing challenges and dynasty/legacies. So I don't really get bored, I just play to the end of the challenge then start a new one. I can sometimes loose interest because a particular generation is rather boring, but after a break I usually get back in game again.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited February 2014
    Wow that writings small!
    Depends on what house size I want
    are they male or female?
    See above
    If they have money I may build their skills abit
    do you use cheats?